IGNORED

Best Broadband Provider

Hafnia

Max I can get is 4mb :(.

Thinking of changing from TalkTalk to Plusnet just because it'll save me a few quid for twelve months but nobody can offer me extra speed. It's because our local exchange is powered by a donkey on a treadmill.

Yeah its the old telephone lines Mike, they cant take it. Thats the reason i went elsewhere. Was paying sky for 30mbs, but they are liars i was only getting 10, so i switched to Virgin because it comes directly through a cable, they gave me 50mbs but have just recently doubled it for free.

Yeah its the old telephone lines Mike, they cant take it. Thats the reason i went elsewhere. Was paying sky for 30mbs, but they are liars i was only getting 10, so i switched to Virgin because it comes directly through a cable, they gave me 50mbs but have just recently doubled it for free.

Fibre optics not reached this far yet sadly Bill.

Moving from sky. Want fibre broadband up to 76mb anyone have any suggestions???

Looking at ee, talk talk, bt and its a minefield!

I had sky for adsl but moved to BT as their website claimed I could get fibre. The website was wrong but they agreed to give me six months free line rental and broadband to keep me. I waited six months for fibre, their adsl was so unreliable and the first couple of weeks after fibre was fitted was up and down. But since then the speed has been great, I only have upto 30 something but it's gone for me. I would recommend BT no problem. Sky were great with me for years too, but no experience of them with fibre. The BT hub I have is very good too, the 5hz setting is so much faster than the 2.4.

I use an iPad app called ookla to check my speed regularly, I get between 32-37, had two dips, one to 9 one to 18. But my highest on old broadband was 1.88 so not complaining.

Edited by StevO

May still be getting snail rate BB in comparison to most but I've just saved myself £10/12 a month by getting a quote from Plusnet and phoning TalkTalk to cancel. They then beat the Plusnet deal so I'll now be paying about £20.70 a month for unlimited BB and free calls 24/7, plus they've thrown in a £47 credit on my account :). Oh, and I'll get an upgraded router and a Youview TV box (which is of no use to me as we can't get a signal via aerial here so I'll flog it on ebay) gratis as well.

That's just for the first twelve months of an eighteen month contract, an extra £12 pm for the last six but they said to phone them next March and they'd see what they could do to reduce that. Happy. Small victories.

I've got a 4G phone but haven't been anywhere that it's been available since I got it :lol::unsure: . Lucky to get 3G round here and certainly don't have it in the village.

300 minutes, 5000 texts & 1GB data for £13. Never get close to my limits but have to have one because none of the kids has a land-line; so calling them on the home phone would send the bill through the roof.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Seen a lot of BT Openreach vans around recently and people working on those green cabinet things, so I checked their website...

Coming SoonYour area will be enabled within the next six months and we'll provide more details nearer the time. At the moment you can't order Superfast Fibre.

:jump for joy: