IGNORED

Cricket Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Minority interest I'm sure but the County Championship is really going to the wire this year; day and a bit left and any of three sides can still win. I fear it'll be Yorkshire for the third time on the bounce but I'm hoping Middlesex (born there) or Somerset (used to live there) can nick it.

Surrey fan really so pleased they finished safe mid-table after a dreadful start to the season.

Minority interest I'm sure but the County Championship is really going to the wire this year; day and a bit left and any of three sides can still win. I fear it'll be Yorkshire for the third time on the bounce but I'm hoping Middlesex (born there) or Somerset (used to live there) can nick it.

Surrey fan really so pleased they finished safe mid-table after a dreadful start to the season.

Can't see Yorkshire doing it. They've got too much to do I reckon.

Can't see Yorkshire doing it. They've got too much to do I reckon.

Middx were 3-2 when I had Yorkshire down as favourites, the fact that they've recovered to close at 81-2 changes it a lot. Somerset in the box seat now, amazed that they've never won it before even in the Garner/Botham/Richards days, be nice if they did finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching the England v Bangladesh game on Sky. Bangladesh had two batsmen well in, one had scored over 100 the other was 50 odd. They needed less than a run a ball to win, 66 needed, six wickets in hand. Front door bell rang and it was my son visiting from York. Decided to switch off as I thought we would lose. Just checked and couldn't believe we won by 20 odd runs. Jake Ball did all the damage.

Edited by johnh

Was watching the England v Bangladesh game on Sky. Bangladesh had two batsmen well in, one had scored over 100 the other was 50 odd. They needed less than a run a ball to win, 66 needed, six wickets in hand. Front door bell rang and it was my son visiting from York. Decided to switch off as I thought we would lose. Just checked and couldn't believe we won by 20 odd runs. Jake Ball did all the damage.

Similar here, thought we were nailed on to lose so gave up; great we turned it round. even better that it was instigated by a Blue!

• 3 weeks later...

England doing their best to lose to Bangladesh here.

Ballance needs to go. We can't have two absolute muppets coming in one after the other with him and Ali. I'd get rid of both of them but the selectors love Ali.

Ali can bat a bit and has earned some credit, I think. Balance should have gone ages ago. Another woeful embarrassment. We still can't play spin consistently.

• 1 month later...

Well, I feel sorry for those who purchased tickets for the last day, because that didn't take long. England are all out, and what a crushing defeat. Kohli hits a double century and two others score centuries. Then, they get Jennings out first ball, Moeen out second ball, and Ashwin the spinner finishes the game by taking 5 English wickets for 6 runs off just 25 balls. What an incredible achievement. This will go down as one of the most emphatic cricket victories of all time.

Edited by Cornish Steve