Cricket Thread

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Big difference is that we've scored at around 4.8 an over against their 3.1; they were pretty dismissive of how we were playing the game ahead of the series, probably will be less so now.

I can't help but thinking "arsehole" whenever their captain, Elgar, speaks. Don't like him at all.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What an incredible win by Pakistan today, beating England by ten wickets and breaking any number of records. 

It was but they lived pretty dangerously by only winning with three balls to spare, a late wicket or two would've left them vulnerable; ten wicket win should be wrapped up with time to spare.

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What do people think of the Mankad that gave India victory over England in the women’s ODI? Controversial. 

Within the laws of the game but definitely not within the spirit of the game. Right up there with Australia bowling underarm to England in a test match.

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What do people think of the Mankad that gave India victory over England in the women’s ODI? Controversial. 

Like has been said, it's within the rules (with the rules around it even being changed quite recently) but it's not a way to win a game that would sit right with me, and I certainly wouldn't have gone round shaking the Indian women's hands at the end like Charlie Dean did.

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

Within the laws of the game but definitely not within the spirit of the game. Right up there with Australia bowling underarm to England in a test match.

Was it not against NZ in an ODI or am I forgetting something?

8 minutes ago, Formby said:

Was it not against NZ in an ODI or am I forgetting something?

Yes, you are quite right. It was 1981 Aus v NZ. My mistake. I thought it had happened to England as well but I can't find any reference to it so I think I am wrong.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think what made it especially shabby was the fact that India had already won the series so losing the game would've meant little in the grand scheme of things; plus it was just looking like a really great tenth wicket stand could achieve something memorable, particularly for Dean.