IGNORED

Cricket Thread

The batting looks immense for us right down the order, but the bowling isn't looking too hot - we could do with finding a consistent one day bowler because all of the current ones seem to go through periods in a game where they completely lose their head and leak runs. Just having one bowler who didn't give runs away cheaply would be massive.

Fuck off, just fuck right off. What an absolute fucking travesty that was.

Ruined an absolutely wonderful game of cricket.

And they wonder why they struggle to get people to watch the game.

Can understand the logic of using stats to decide an outcome if a game is abandoned, but what was/is the point of shortening a game under circumstances like last night?

Moral victory for me whatever the record books will say.

The batting looks immense for us right down the order, but the bowling isn't looking too hot - we could do with finding a consistent one day bowler because all of the current ones seem to go through periods in a game where they completely lose their head and leak runs. Just having one bowler who didn't give runs away cheaply would be massive.

I don't really follow county cricket any more so I've no idea if we've any potential coming through.

The Duckworth/Lewis method was designed for the longer form of the game. I have long thought that it is not fit for purpose for the shorter forms of the game with some bizarre results ensuing. I saw the result of the Nottinghamshire v Warwickshire 20/20 game.

Notts scored 149 Warwickshire scored 101 for 3 in 10.2 overs when rain stopped play. D/L quite rightly declared Warwick the winners but the result was ' won by 7 wickets'! What was that all about? D/L should be about calculating 'runs' not forecasting 'wickets'.

Can understand the logic of using stats to decide an outcome if a game is abandoned, but what was/is the point of shortening a game under circumstances like last night?

Moral victory for me whatever the record books will say.

Exactly. If we'd had about 20 overs in our innings and it was torrential rain that was relentless and not going off it makes sense to do it but that game lasf night had an hour MAXIMUM and had floodlights. I guarantee every person in that ground would have wanted to stay longer.

It went from an exciting "gettable" runs needed to a practically impossible target. They keep moaning saying it's hard to get people to watch the game then they ruin it with ridiculous outdated rules.

But, as you rightly suggested, the lack of runs in the tail cost us big-time. Could still be close though, we need a couple more wickets pretty soon now (NZ 66-2 after eleven).

Willey can certainly score big runs but it was a bit much to ask him to come straight in and do it in only his second game for us.

It's looking like a stroll at the moment for NZ.

We did brilliantly to take it as close as we did.

If only we'd managed to bat even a couple more of those 5 overs!

We just don't click as a team often enough. Too often we bowl (not lately admittedly) really well but bat like dogs next game we can't bowl any sort of line or length and bat beautifully.

Bar that first odi we just haven't played effectively as a team.

Totally agree with you on Finn, he's all over the place. Far too wayward for a odi bowler.

Edited by Paddock