IGNORED

Cricket Thread

great series, i think that showed the DL to be reasonably accurate in all honesty. New Zealand lost it when they dropped Bairstrow. Hoping for an electric T20 to cap off a brilliant series and bring on the Ashes!

In this case it was pretty fair, two games ago it was totally unfair. It needs tweaking for the modern day.

Bring on the Aussie bastards; lambs to the slaughter B).Or possibly the complete opposite! At least we're looking like we might give you a game now.

I'm not really sure how this series will have any bearing on the Ashes? It'll be a totally different team. Not forgetting we'll have the tactical genius back as captain.

I know Mark but I was replying to one of the deported convict offspring; the mind games have started and they're a bit thick in the southern hemisphere I believe. All down to having Christmas in the summer. means God hates them :D.

I know Mark but I was replying to one of the deported convict offspring; the mind games have started and they're a bit thick in the southern hemisphere I believe. All down to having Christmas in the summer. means God hates them :D.

:lol:

I keep flitting from being convinced we'll get smashed to thinking we have a chance. I'd take at least being competitive though.

Hahah you wanker :)

But they can prepare while singing Aussie Christmas carols: In the bleak midsummer...

Decent start by England in the T20, 76-1 after eight overs.

In other news it seems the ECB are looking at increasing the first class sides to twenty-one and having three divisions of seven rather than two of nine. Ireland, Scotland and Devon/Cornwall being the new additions.

And then 135 all out!

Easy, easy, easy!

Enjoyed that. Real tough call though as to who of those guys should start an Ashes test; many claims staked but a completely different ball-game to come. I just hope some of the attitude is carried over.

Kevin who?

Enjoyed that. Real tough call though as to who of those guys should start an Ashes test; many claims staked but a completely different ball-game to come. I just hope some of the attitude is carried over.

Kevin who?

I can't see many, if any, surprise inclusions from the ODI squad for the Ashes tbh.

As much as I'd have liked KP to have been given another chance it's good that this series should've put all that to bed. It was getting tiresome.

• 2 weeks later...

47 for 3 already in Cardiff. I really fear we're going to get thumped in this series!!

91-3 now; Root and Ballance to the rescue at the moment and not hanging about which is good to see. Our middle order is capable of good things Pad, I'm not without hope.

91-3 now; Root and Ballance to the rescue at the moment and not hanging about which is good to see. Our middle order is capable of good things Pad, I'm not without hope.

Get to 150 - 3 and we will settle it and put them under pressure...