IGNORED

Kalidou Koulibaly

He played as LB and his performances dropped in the latet games.

He is a center back that covered for Baines and Oviedo while they were injured.

His performances were very good, but as with young players he suffered from consistency.

He is very highly rated by Unsworth and the youth team set up.

I don't doubt Galloway will make it. But he needs to play first team games at centre half to even begin to prove that. If players are out there a few years older with that experience already and can go straight in, we need to get them.

The list of players mentioned above is spread over almost 20 years. Not many make it. The facts speak for themselves,less than 5% of players who come through at Premier league clubs go onto represent them clubs on a regular basis. I love seeing players come through, I'm still proud of what Rooney has done in his career. But I've seen way too many fail.

James Vaughan had the lot! He should have been reaching the heights, but even the most talented lose their chance if everything doesn't fall into place.

Galloway is a centre half not a left back, he filled in brilliantly. His only flaw was his limitations going forward and he tended to get sucked into the middle a lot but as a 19 year old centre back what do you expect!

Galloway will be as good as Stones one day, I'm certain of it.

Galloway is a centre half not a left back, he filled in brilliantly. His only flaw was his limitations going forward and he tended to get sucked into the middle a lot but as a 19 year old centre back what do you expect!

Galloway will be as good as Stones one day, I'm certain of it.

same here

Disagree about Galloway, I think he will make it at center back, and I hope he gets the games if not with us then out on loan. I wouldn't spend 45 million pounds on a player unless we need him, and we wont know that until we have given Galloway a chance.

You know I said I don't doubt he will make it right?

is that the same every window though?

I think in windows past we've been skint so had to be shrewd and that's why we have missed out, this window we're going for a higher calibre of player who will have lots of "bigger" clubs after them so we are probably in the same situation as before but for different reasons.

I think in windows past we've been skint so had to be shrewd and that's why we have missed out, this window we're going for a higher calibre of player who will have lots of "bigger" clubs after them so we are probably in the same situation as before but for different reasons.

True enough, but since everyone is "rich" now, I have a feeling we're in a similar position to before, albeit slightly better off

True enough, but since everyone is "rich" now, I have a feeling we're in a similar position to before, albeit slightly better off

True, but the players we're being linked with this window are a step up to past windows. I've been furious for days but the more I think about it the more I realise that other much more attractive clubs will be sniffing around. We're playing in a totally different game this year and we're near the bottom of the food chain

True, but the players we're being linked with this window are a step up to past windows. I've been furious for days but the more I think about it the more I realise that other much more attractive clubs will be sniffing around. We're playing in a totally different game this year and we're near the bottom of the food chain

We've been rumoured to be linked with some cracking players in the past but then been forced to take on kids and bargains. So far we've only been linked with everything from the very exciting to the down-right silly whilst signing a freebie and 2 kids. Nothings changed in my eyes, for the moment at least.

We've been rumoured to be linked with some cracking players in the past but then been forced to take on kids and bargains. So far we've only been linked with everything from the very exciting to the down-right silly whilst signing a freebie and 2 kids. Nothings changed in my eyes, for the moment at least.

Disagree mate, the fees we're reportedly bidding for multiple players are in a different league to past windows. Of course we haven't yet signed anyone BUT if we landed Witsel, Mata, koulibally and Wilynadum (sp) for example it would be unprecedented

Disagree mate, the fees we're reportedly bidding for multiple players are in a different league to past windows. Of course we haven't yet signed anyone BUT if we landed Witsel, Mata, koulibally and Wilynadum (sp) for example it would be unprecedented

Mata yes, the others bar Koulibally (who I don't know much about) not so much for me

I don't know. What I'm saying is it's going to be a big problem and it's not the clubs fault.

My solution is to not look at just how many goals and assists someone gave because everyone with an internet connection can do that. Rather find out players who have qualities that the club needs. Say, Koeman wants his wingers to put in crosses similar to what Deulofeu did (low crosses to the six yard box). So he might want to find a left winger who can do that plus works hard. There might well be a winger like that who didn't get too many assists last season because his club doesn't have anyone who can take advantage of those crosses. But he works hard (can't see that from the stats either), is quick and a good dribbler so gets into good crossing positions and can really whip them in.

Leicester did something similar with Kante. They looked beyond the easy stats and found a real gem.

My solution is to not look at just how many goals and assists someone gave because everyone with an internet connection can do that. Rather find out players who have qualities that the club needs. Say, Koeman wants his wingers to put in crosses similar to what Deulofeu did (low crosses to the six yard box). So he might want to find a left winger who can do that plus works hard. There might well be a winger like that who didn't get too many assists last season because his club doesn't have anyone who can take advantage of those crosses. But he works hard (can't see that from the stats either), is quick and a good dribbler so gets into good crossing positions and can really whip them in.

Leicester did something similar with Kante. They looked beyond the easy stats and found a real gem.

We need proven quality and we can't afford to gamble stupid money. It's ok spending a few million on a gamble but at todays prices20 million or more for unproven players is suicide.

We need proven quality and we can't afford to gamble stupid money. It's ok spending a few million on a gamble but at todays prices20 million or more for unproven players is suicide.

Its also that and more for 1 season wonders which makes me nervous

But that's the thing. I hope it's not dementia as you already agreed proven quality costs stupid money. Witsel is quoted at 30 million and he's hardly proven quality. Koulibaly - even if he's interested - will cost more than that, using most of Stones's transfer fee.

If you want proven top-four quality players, you get maybe three and use up all of the transfer funds. Which would mean not strenghtening at least two positions that need it (we need at least a GK, CB, CM, ACM and FW).

But that's the thing. I hope it's not dementia as you already agreed proven quality costs stupid money. Witsel is quoted at 30 million and he's hardly proven quality. Koulibaly - even if he's interested - will cost more than that, using most of Stones's transfer fee.

If you want proven top-four quality players, you get maybe three and use up all of the transfer funds. Which would mean not strenghtening at least two positions that need it (we need at least a GK, CB, CM, ACM and FW).

You've obviously misunderstood me. I wat us to but top quality but I shouldn't be so damning of the club when it's taing so long as the likelyhood is we'll have to do a lot ofcourting to land them.

I'd sooner pay 30 mil for Mata than 20 for that French lad (for instance)