IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Funnily enough, our GA is best when Jags and Stones have played and worst when Stones and Funes Mori have manned the middle.

But you didn't watch the West Ham game I take? There's a case all three goals were his fault. The second in particular, he was marking the goalscorer (or,well, "marking") and gave him a free header. He also completely misjudged the cross for the third, missed and was nowhere near where he should have been after that. Easy to spot in slow-mo, ball is in the six yard box while Funes Mori is on the edge of the box.

No point going any further. I've gave my view it isn't going to change yours or anyone else's. All I'll say is Jagielka is on his way out and Stones is a lost soul atm.

How the hell can you say Arsenals first goal was his fault? He follows his man, he did absolutely nothing wrong there. It was classic Arsenal. The second goal he intercepts the ball and his touch is heavy but there was absolutely nobody covering him. Martinez tactics pushing everyone up didn't help at all there.

Do you really want me to go to town on Jagielka because he's been absolutely diabolical at times. That Chelsea goal was schoolboy stuff

As I said they have all had their moments but you refuse to acknowledge Mori's

Can you imagine another season with Jags at the back. FFS I hope it's his last next season. I think ppl will be surprised by the new manager when he comes in. So much overrated shit in this current squad.

Jags is miles better than the other CBs when fit. Unfortunately it looks like the years have catched up.

Wow. We're going to have a fabulous central defence next season, selling Stones and Mori with an ageing Jags anchoring it...

Selling Mori makes no sense at all. We all know Stones will go, for mega bucks hopefully. Mori had a better season than him imo - yes he made mistakes but our whole defensive set up was woeful, I don't think it is fair to question a player's ability when clearly the manager had the whole defensive approach so completely wrong. On that reckoning, Coleman, Baines and Jags have gone from being rated aning the best defenders in the Prem to shite in the space of three seasons...

What Mori never did was let his head drop, which Stones did. I reckon he deserves a chance under a manager who knows how to drill a back four.

Mori and Besic both show loads of passion and people seem to think they are brilliant. Jags and Barry keep themselves calm and composed on the pitch and don't get away with anything. I know who the two I'd rather have in there. It's the same as the lads who think Dunc was brilliant because he showed he had fire in his belly. I get the admiration, but doesn't make them a great player.

Mori and Besic both show loads of passion and people seem to think they are brilliant. Jags and Barry keep themselves calm and composed on the pitch and don't get away with anything. I know who the two I'd rather have in there. It's the same as the lads who think Dunc was brilliant because he showed he had fire in his belly. I get the admiration, but doesn't make them a great player.

to be honest, I'd have all 4 playing (if we persist with 4231)

Besic is a good player with potential to be very good if he gets a run in the team, loads of energy, good tackle, good at reading the game and spotting danger, and he can also pick a pass, and has some skill. I want him to have a real run in the team this year.

Mori again is a good player with potential to be even better. Very good header of the ball, good tackle, good on the ball, but has the occasional brain fart, he thinks he is Ronaldo and tries to take people on or passes that put us in danger. I want him to have a long run in the team to iron these lapses out.

Barry and Jags are the calming influence of good players with lots of experience but they need replacing as neither will be able to play as regularly next season.

Forget errors and goals for a second. How many yellow cards has he got?

Part and parcel of being a Cb. Your expected to pick up a few making up for others mistakes. Jags is a shit house.

Mori has the passion to get the players and fans fired up. Never seen jags do a tackle or win a header to get the team going like Phil Neville on Ronaldo. Never seen him trip players and take the yellow rather than let the opposition have a free shot.

Edited by pete0

Part and parcel of being a Cb. Your expected to pick up a few making up for others mistakes. Jags is a shit house.

Mori has the passion to get the players and fans fired up. Never seen jags do a tackle or win a header to get the team going like Phil Neville on Ronaldo. Never seen him trip players and take the yellow rather than let the opposition have a free shot.

I have witnessed loads of stirring moments from Jags, tackles, Headers and blocks that must have been painful.

Just because he generally times them well doesn't mean he has no passion.

If Jags shouted like Terry, would that make him a better player.....or just a mouthy twat?

I'm with you on there being a better captain for Everton, but Jags definitely puts his body on the line for the team, and I've definitely seen him make some pretty heroic tackles. I think you're being a little harsh here.

I'm with you on there being a better captain for Everton, but Jags definitely puts his body on the line for the team, and I've definitely seen him make some pretty heroic tackles. I think you're being a little harsh here.

He's probably a nice bloke, but he's average and bland. We need to be ruthless and cut him to progress. Watching the United game atm, Rooney won a 50/50 purely on reputation. Jags doesn't have that, he's be on the losing end every time.

This!!

People laud Furguson saying he's a legend when if fact he cost us arguably more points than any other player by always getting sent off and banned. When he wasn't banned he was injured. I just don't get the "legend" tag.

How many times does Barry get a yellow for tripping a player and stopping them from building up play of getting a shot away? He also has a go questioning the ref. Jags makes it far too easy for refs and the opposition.

Back in topic, Mori has took the league unusually fast and we'd be mad to sell him.

• 3 weeks later...

Started for Argentina yesterday in te copa America.

They won against chile.

It was tough for me to see who it was (could have been Otamendi), but I'm pretty sure I saw him turn his back into a brick wall and completely flatten Arturo Vidal and then 10 seconds later (could have been Rojo) give the ball away terribly on a pass through the middle of the pitch.

It was tough for me to see who it was (could have been Otamendi), but I'm pretty sure I saw him turn his back into a brick wall and completely flatten Arturo Vidal and then 10 seconds later (could have been Rojo) give the ball away terribly on a pass through the middle of the pitch.

I'm not sure about that specific play but the back 4 was rojo otamendi Mori and Gabriel.

It says a lot that he starts because mascherano can play there and is real class so they must rate Mori.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Seriously? You haven't seen him wander off position? How slow he is, particularly turning? The misplaced passes (not clearances)? The times he has switched off at critical times ("I'm marking this guy and the ball is coming this wa...squirrel!")?

Seriously? You haven't seen him wander off position? How slow he is, particularly turning? The misplaced passes (not clearances)? The times he has switched off at critical times ("I'm marking this guy and the ball is coming this wa...squirrel!")?

Nope must have missed all that.

Without going over old ground I really don't seen him being a major issue. Scapegoat comes to mind.

No. Way is he a scapegoat from me. As I say I've seen enough from him for me to have high hopes for the lad but he has his faults and I think the term "class" is a bit overzealous for him.

No. Way is he a scapegoat from me. As I say I've seen enough from him for me to have high hopes for the lad but he has his faults and I think the term "class" is a bit overzealous for him.

Maybe a little bit I agree. But he gets far too much stick. Let's see how he does under Koeman. After all the papers had in linked with Barca and Utd last week.