IGNORED

Bernard

5 hours ago, Bill said:

He’s just not a winger in my eyes.

Until he gets used to the physicality of the league, its the only place he can play. A bit like Countiho/Silva/Mata etc, he needs to learn what the league is all about first before he can come inside. I see no reason why he cant have their type of impact 18-24 months down the line.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Until he gets used to the physicality of the league, its the only place he can play. A bit like Countiho/Silva/Mata etc, he needs to learn what the league is all about first before he can come inside. I see no reason why he cant have their type of impact 18-24 months down the line.

Reminds me of him a lot

10 hours ago, Bill said:

He’s just not a winger in my eyes.

I agree. Maybe he does need to play there for a period of time to get used to the pace of the league. Right now though, Im beginning to think Lookman is our most natural and suited player to be on the wings in this system. He needs to start.

On 21/10/2018 at 19:27, Bill said:

One trick pony, and the defenders have already picked him out, cutting inside every time was so easy for the full back.

I don’t get what people are seeing to be fair. 

To me, he is creative, skilful, a lot tougher than his size suggests, and works hard for the team. He very nearly scored an excellent goal against Utd. He also had You g on the backfoot most of the match. Thought he did well to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

I thought he was very poor again though on Sunday...it could be him or Walcott who are left out for me...apart from the Leicester game, I haven’t see him do anything....he can’t beat a man to be playing on the wing and he’s nowhere near as good as sigurdsson...

As long as we continue to perform like we are as a team I hope nobody is left out in the near future.

35 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He’s still getting into

his stride, he’s played barely any football since March- he’ll get better, the lad has class he will come good but we may have to wait until next season to see him in full flow. Hate the way he’s being slated for playing poor when he had no pre season no competative football for 5 plus months he’s in a new league and a new country. He’ll be sound.

This.

His mind is sharp, just need time for his feet to get upto speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes he seems to find himself in good positions on that left wing where you expect him to have a run at the full back. He refuses every time and just slips a pass back. He’s just too sloppy in possession. I think if he scores 3 goals this season that would be good for him and that’s not enough. We need more goals from those wide areas.

He made a lot of mistakes yesterday, but he kept asking for the ball, he kept making the runs and he kept trying the passes even when they didn’t come off. He didn’t hide and that shows a lot about his character. There is a player in him. 

He isn’t a winger, in the same way Pienaar wasn’t a winger, but he will make things happen from that position. 

I wouldn’t play him against Liverpool. I’d have Richarlison back on the wing, I think he would get the better of Alexander Arnold.