IGNORED

Michael Keane

7 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I’ve never understood how head collisions can damage one person so much more than another. Keane has a caveman head and Gana’s head is tiny. Physics are weird.

Must have caught him right in the spot.

few weeks ago in the AFL over here, ( hey throw a lot of arms and shirt punches ) one guy sort of open hand punch/slapped a bloke in the jaw - didn’t look a lot in it but it’s completely broke his jaw! 

19 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I’ve never understood how head collisions can damage one person so much more than another. Keane has a caveman head and Gana’s head is tiny. Physics are weird.

Dont quote me on it but I am pretty sure the temple is the weakest part of the skull whereas the forehead is one of the hardest. With Gana having a smaller head I guess the impact was more concentrated into the larger area of Keane's.

I cracked mine when I was in my early twenty’s. Went up for a header and banged heads. Got up as if it didn’t hurt, asked the other guy if he was ok.... who lay on the floor for a few mins.

Ten minutes later the red stopped the game and called my manager over and told him to take me off. I couldn’t understand why and was a bit miffed.

As I walked off my vision just went into tunnel vision mode. Got rushed to hospital and I as told I was concussed and cracked my temple. Weirdest injury I ever had as it was so innocuous. Had some nasty headaches after that for a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it’s just his pace and heart that’s suspect for me.

I don’t see him throwing hinswlf in front of shots, ala Jags.... and I never see him busting a gut to get back either. It’s almost a , crap he’s past me, no point killing myself to get back now.

Im happy with him in the air and with the ball at feet.

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i can't tell if Zouma is covering for him and making him look better than he is, or if he is growing and improving his game.  discuss.

I can't make a decision either but he has not been near the nuisance he was last year. My gut says he's improved but he's also playing in a better team and clearly benefits and should only be played with a pacey centerback next to him.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fans-laud-unexpected-hero-15309855

I'm very happy that he's showing we didn't buy a dud after all.

There was actually a fella by me who kept saying "he's not won a header all game". I started to wonder if that fella had been dropped on his head earlier in the day.

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Might that be because of his recent terrible head injury? It will take time to overcome the psychological effect of that. 

Don't think so, he's been 'too nice' since he got here. Bit more commitment and he buries that header. Criminal that we've got two huge centre halves and we've not scored from a corner all season. 

Just now, Bailey said:

A foot injury doesnt cause him to be 10 yards out of position.

He looks like he is just much more organised under Silva and especially now he is playing alongside a regular and dependable partner.

It slows you down on your turn for sure, not to mention getting that first couple of steps up to speed. To play devils advocate, positioning could've been shit tactics and coaching too

Just now, Matt said:

It slows you down on your turn for sure, not to mention getting that first couple of steps up to speed. To play devils advocate, positioning could've been shit tactics and coaching too

It couldnt definitely hamper his agility which is something I have thrown at him in his time here. Yes they can be to an extent but he shouldnt need a manager to hold his hand. Its not like he is an 18 year old playing his first game.