IGNORED

Michael Keane

I thought he was excellent today. I was really impressed with his forward passing - something I hadn't noticed he had in his game. Obviously he's a big, strong lad who's got the usual attributes you'd expect from an 'old fashioned' centre back but actually I thought he looked very comfortable in possession today.

What do you reckon our chances are of signing him? If City and Chelsea really are after him too it'll be very difficult.

What do you reckon our chances are of signing him? If City and Chelsea really are after him too it'll be very difficult.

Depends if he's settled in the North West with Chelsea link and how much love he has for Man U with the City link. I don't necessarily see him as a first choice target for either to be honest - think Conte will look to Italy and Pep will have 'bigger' targets - possibly van Dijk or back in for Laporte. I know Keane was a high priority for Walsh/Leicester last summer and Koeman has made no secret of our interest so I'd say we've got a decent chance.

I fully expect him to get his first cap in the upcoming internationals which will no doubt create more interest/hype.

I have to say that I've been very,very impressed with him every time I've watched him play this season. He's a proper Centre half in terms of defending and as mentioned in the comments above he's very decent on the ball as well. At 23, his best years are ahead of him so I would be chuffed if we pulled this one off. Burnley are likely to demand at least £30 million though and you can't blame them really. I can see Jags and possibly Mori leaving in the summer so I think Keane + another CB (Van Dijk please) will be coming in to join Holgate and Williams at the back.

• 4 weeks later...

He's a big lad. Good in the air comfortable on the ball. Got turned far too easy by Lukaku but the lads still learning that's why he's not at United, Chelsea etc. He'd be a good signing.

Was very naive for the turn - he should played Rom on his right side even though it meant playing him inside.

Ideally he needed to be arm length not touch tight.

That's the athletic and size advantage that Rom has though - needs to use it more.

My dad and I took a Burnley fan to the game yesterday - he says that Keane is their best player by far and thinks he could play at the very top level. He was saying how comfortable on the ball he is but primarily a good old fashioned defender.

Nice of you and your dad to just find a Burnley fan and take him. Fair play to you both.

Spurs are making noises about signing him. They'd be more attractive with their Champions League position all but secure and the London lifestyle.

But then again, we can pretty much match Spurs for wages these days and he's a northern boy so it depends if he wants to uproot his family.

That's my way of looking at it.

Spurs are making noises about signing him. They'd be more attractive with their Champions League position all but secure and the London lifestyle.

But then again, we can pretty much match Spurs for wages these days and he's a northern boy so it depends if he wants to uproot his family.

He can play snap with Wimmer if he goes there.