IGNORED

Michael Keane

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

A foot injury doesnt cause him to be 10 yards out of position.

He looks like he is just much more organised under Silva and especially now he is playing alongside a regular and dependable partner.

Did you just ignore the bit about the drugs he was taking to get through games which fucked with his concentration? 

When people were slating him last season I said most defenders would struggle in our team they were constantly under pressure, this season the midfield is better organised and we keep the ball better up front which gives the central defenders more time to organise and compose themselves in stead of constantly being on the back foot in blowing out their arses. 

Even Williams would look better in a team that protects the defence by keeping the ball. 

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he has proved everyone wrong , myself included

I was desperate for us to sign Mina and now I find myself gutted that he is getting a game next week

We need strength in that position. It could turn out that mina is better than zouma...  but yeah I see the point. 

8 hours ago, Btay said:

He still needs to up his physicality a bit. Thought a few times he lost out to Murray when he shouldn’t have.

All in all, he’s come on leaps and bounds.

He did loose a couple, but he also won some that he didn't look like winning, and last season  he would have been nowhere near the ball.

He looks 100% more confident than he did  at the start of the season .

He's had a good start to the season, he has rarely lost an aerial challenge over the last few weeks (could be longer, I've only noticed over the last few home games) and seems a lot more settled on the ball, he has stopped trying those silly flicks forward and plays a nice simple passes. Glad he is proving a lot of people wrong (including me)

Yep proved me wrong too - I really hated him last season and was very judgmental on his ability. Glad he is showing the level he should have been and that is one less position to worry about strengthening. I will say however that I can see Zouma being our best cb this season and hope we go all out for him. Shows great composure on the ball and has tidier feet and passing than he is credited for.

Imagine this.... the thinking fans forum has posters who are able to say they were wrong.

Don't get me wrong.... Keane was that poor that I didn't see a player there at all.  It wasn't that I was missing something.... He genuinely was playing shit.

He along with Silva deserves massive credit for the turnaround.  

A great story unfolds. 

14 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I feel bad for dissing him. He was a victim of the 2 previous managers.Respect to him for his application and Silva for encouraging him.

Me too, and most of us who are capable of a balanced discussion.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Imagine this.... the thinking fans forum has posters who are able to say they were wrong.

Don't get me wrong.... Keane was that poor that I didn't see a player there at all.  It wasn't that I was missing something.... He genuinely was playing shit.

He along with Silva deserves massive credit for the turnaround.  

A great story unfolds. 

He was poor, left out to dry by bad managers and change of partners too often, along with a team without confidence.

This season we see a team with ever increasing confidence throughout, long may it continue please.

11 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Me too, and most of us who are capable of a balanced discussion.

He was poor, left out to dry by bad managers and change of partners too often, along with a team without confidence.

This season we see a team with ever increasing confidence throughout, long may it continue please.

Nah fuck that.... I said he was shite so I need to look for any small issue I can find to call him the worst player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.   

How many goals has he scored? How many assists has he got?.... I couldn't care that his job is to defend.... let's get Chris brunt in.... 

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Nah fuck that.... I said he was shite so I need to look for any small issue I can find to call him the worst player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.   

How many goals has he scored? How many assists has he got?.... I couldn't care that his job is to defend.... let's get Chris brunt in.... 

How pathetic are you. 

His movement on the ball was always there for me, he has always had the skill. he was sluggish, off the pace clearly and I always put it down to a team imploding, too much change too quick etc, but reading about his injuries explains so much too. Made up for him and us.