IGNORED

Michael Keane

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Indeed. He was very good beginning of the season then took a dip along with the whole team but still miles better than any other defender (Digne aside)

yeah a lot better than zouma mina and jags.  hes been very consistent this year when last year he was shaky.  he's been worth his price this year for me.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

what i meant he's been our best central defender this year.  

Sorry mate not a mind reader 😉 he may well have been but that just highlights how poor we are in that department, I’ll quote Romey when he said “ When are Everton supporters going to stop accepting second best “ which I totally agree with. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly he's better than chelsea's centerbacks.  id put him ahead of both of united centre backs as well.  arsenal too.  i don't think he's  better than VVD but i'd put him top 5 CB in the league.  

Keane?! He’s improved massively but he’d only make top 10 for me

Just now, Matt said:

Keane?! He’s improved massively but he’d only make top 10 for me

honestly who's better.  VVD, Vertonghen, Alderwiereld, Otamendi, maybe Laporte?  other than that i don't know who i would put above him.  i'm trying to be fair and honest here, but the United CB are shit, arsenal, chelsea, non-vvd shite, i can't think of many that are really that good.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I certainly can I hadn’t finished counting I was busy at work, but I’ll send you 3 and 4 later if you like, strange you down vote what I’ve said when you have pretty much been saying the same thing yourself. 

Do you suffer from memory loss or are you just a hypocrite. 

Here’s the thing, Palf, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I wanted Keane here and thought he’d be great for us. I was disappointed that it looked like he was in more than just bad form and was looking like a bad signing, hence the comments you posted. But this season, for the most part, he’s been the player I thought we’d signed in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Here’s the thing, Palf, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I wanted Keane here and thought he’d be great for us. I was disappointed that it looked like he was in more than just bad form and was looking like a bad signing, hence the comments you posted. But this season, for the most part, he’s been the player I thought we’d signed in the first place. 

I can understand that but I haven’t seen you post that so I was pissed off 😡 to get a down vote from someone without an explanation who had been posting similar and agreeing with others who had posted similar posts. 

Other forums don’t have a dislike and you can see why it stops this sort of bullshit, as far as I’m concerned I was totally justified in pulling you for double standards. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

Is anyone really that upset to get a down vote? To me it’s just the same as saying I disagree, the same as an up vote being that I agree. 

Some people do, and please don’t get upset 😢 by my down vote, as Tall Paul highlighted some months ago he wasn’t in a very good place and it was getting to him, not everyone is as tough and hard as you and Mike Steve, now what pissed me off with Rom was as I explained was the hypocrisy. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Some people do, and please don’t get upset 😢 by my down vote, as Tall Paul highlighted some months ago he wasn’t in a very good place and it was getting to him, not everyone is as tough and hard as you and Mike Steve, now what pissed me off with Rom was as I explained was the hypocrisy. 

I don't think it's hypocritical to change your opinion of a player if he improves or deteriorates is it? It's a bit more daft to have a default opinion on someone and never waver from that opinion whatever his form surely.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't think it's hypocritical to change your opinion of a player if he improves or deteriorates is it? It's a bit more daft to have a default opinion on someone and never waver from that opinion whatever his form surely.

And I’m meant to know that am I Mike that he had change his opinion without him posting he had change his opinion, from his previous post didn’t realise it was a game of hide and seek ?

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And I’m meant to know that am I Mike that he had change his opinion without him posting he had change his opinion, from his previous post didn’t realise it was a game of hide and seek ?

The fact that he's posting a different opinion would seem to be a bit of a clue that his opinion has changed I'd have thought:huh:.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

His change of opinion 

My point wasn't that he literally posted, "I have changed my opinion" (although he did explain his change of opinion a few posts back) but that he posted positive things after previously posting negative things, which for me shows that his opinion has changed so I don't see why he would need to formally announce it.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

My point wasn't that he literally posted, "I have changed my opinion" (although he did explain his change of opinion a few posts back) but that he posted positive things after previously posting negative things, which for me shows that his opinion has changed so I don't see why he would need to formally announce it.

Right now where getting some where so let’s wind it back to my post where he was the first to down grade it, which I found strange because from memory he didn’t rate him much either, so I was pissed off with that and re-posted a couple of his post, and say that was hypocritical to down vote me when you hold the same opinion. 

He then explained after he had had  change of opinion but I’m not to know he had a change of opinion before my post, so there for I standby what I said because it was correct with the information I had at the time.

So I don’t really understand your problem Mike ?

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Right now where getting some where so let’s wind it back to my post where he was the first to down grade it, which I found strange because from memory he didn’t rate him much either, so I was pissed off with that and re-posted a couple of his post, and say that was hypocritical to down vote me when you hold the same opinion. 

He then explained after he had had  change of opinion but I’m not to know he had a change of opinion before my post, so there for I standby what I said because it was correct with the information I had at the time.

So I don’t really understand your problem Mike ?

After you make a post do you go back and look if it’s got up or down votes on it? Seems like a massive waste of time to me, life is too short to be bothered looking who agrees or not. Especially in a forum full of opinionated people. 

15 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Keane is growing in confidence he looks a leader at the minute 

Completely agree, you could see him talking to the other players on set pieces. I’m sure in the second half I saw him (from my limited lip reading skills) shout “same as the last one, first header for us” when they had a free kick and the camera was on all the players at the edge of our box. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

After you make a post do you go back and look if it’s got up or down votes on it? Seems like a massive waste of time to me, life is too short to be bothered looking who agrees or not. Especially in a forum full of opinionated people. 

On that basis why have that option, what you fail to appreciate is that you have a care of duty to people who use the site and who may find that having people down vote what they say without explanation upsetting and as in the case of Tall Paul, who openly said he was suffering depression and the down votes were causing him a problem. 

The upshot of that was to have a vote on whether it remains or stays more voted stay and it has, what purpose it serves I have know idea, and find it hard to comprehend that knowing it was affecting someone’s wellbeing it remained although it serves no real benefit to anyone, but could cause harm to some who may not be in a good place. 

Like you Steve it doesn’t affect me in that way but we are all different, personally I’m a roll around in the mud kind of person but that doesn’t stop me having concern and compassion for those who may not be as strong mentally and physically. 

So can you tell me why we need it ?

Does a downvote cause more harm than someone writing a sentence in complete disagreement? Half the comments aimed at you in the Gana thread are much worse than a little red dot to me. I see much bigger power in the words people use.

As someone who has also had issues along those lines my advice to anyone who is struggling is stay away from all forms of social media as none are healthy when struggling. 

From a alternative point of view, I think we have less arguments on the board when people can just down vote rather than type their disagreement. Surely that’s a good thing?

I think so at least a written disagreement can be seen and agreed with, countered or ignored, what people say in posts about me give me the opportunity to respond I personally like that, debating is surly the whole purpose of site I would have more respect for someone who red dotted with an explanation, but hey that’s just my opinion, and if I was to look back I would have definitely let myself down by not following my own advice, so I would say to myself don’t be an arsehole  dislike but say why, then maybe others may not see it as a personal dislike, or easier still just get rid of it.