IGNORED

Michael Keane

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think so at least a written disagreement can be seen and agreed with, countered or ignored, what people say in posts about me give me the opportunity to respond I personally like that, debating is surly the whole purpose of site I would have more respect for someone who red dotted with an explanation, but hey that’s just my opinion, and if I was to look back I would have definitely let myself down by not following my own advice, so I would say to myself don’t be an arsehole  dislike but say why, then maybe others may not see it as a personal dislike, or easier still just get rid of it. 

I use the up and down voting to agree or disagree with what's in the post if I've only got time to read and not respond to it (or someone else has already made the point, in which case they'd get a green). Simple as that for me. 

As for the written disagreement, I agree in principle but there are certain posters and topics where a written response would be utterly fruitless. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I use the up and down voting to agree or disagree with what's in the post if I've only got time to read and not respond to it (or someone else has already made the point, in which case they'd get a green). Simple as that for me. 

As for the written disagreement, I agree in principle but there are certain posters and topics where a written response would be utterly fruitless. 

Possibly there would be times when a written response after a bout of toing and throwing would be fruitless, but to counter that if Rom had written a response to my post I would have known he had changed his opinion rather than think he was being a hypocrite, which I now know isn’t the case because of discussion.

I still think it’s a senseless thing to have if you haven’t got time to post a reason why you dislike something is it truly necessary to let people know you don’t like it. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Possibly there would be times when a written response after a bout of toing and throwing would be fruitless, but to counter that if Rom had written a response to my post I would have known he had changed his opinion rather than think he was being a hypocrite, which I now know isn’t the case because of discussion.

I still think it’s a senseless thing to have if you haven’t got time to post a reason why you dislike something is it truly necessary to let people know you don’t like it. 

No problem with you thinking its senseless, but others don't.

I only really do it when I think someone has crossed a line and doesn't deserve an answer, or someone has posted some complete nonsense that I don't know how to respond to. 99% of the time I will reply, but there are also times when I don't feel I want to etc because of the reasons stated.

On the flip side, do you think people should always reply after they green a post? 

Also, that Michael Keane eh? 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

No problem with you thinking its senseless, but others don't.

I only really do it when I think someone has crossed a line and doesn't deserve an answer, or someone has posted some complete nonsense that I don't know how to respond to. 99% of the time I will reply, but there are also times when I don't feel I want to etc because of the reasons stated.

On the flip side, do you think people should always reply after they green a post? 

Also, that Michael Keane eh? 

Sometimes I do if it’s an argument that’s on going more to say why I have taken the side of one and not the other, if someone post something and it’s a stand alone comment I will give a like and occasionally a comment. 

I also think a like can mostly be a good and positive thing, were as a dislike can be a negative and destructive thing, maybe that’s why we don’t see the dislike on very many sites just the like. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Sometimes I do if it’s an argument that’s on going more to say why I have taken the side of one and not the other, if someone post something and it’s a stand alone comment I will give a like and occasionally a comment. 

I also think a like can mostly be a good and positive thing, were as a dislike can be a negative and destructive thing, maybe that’s why we don’t see the dislike on very many sites just the like. 

well of course a neg is a negative thing! If you only want to see green and no red, then the internet isn'tt for you. You need both to bring balance, otherwise it's just false. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Being linked to spurs and arsenal, asking price 50m.  I’d like him to stay he has been excellent for us this year.

Seen that. Madness if someone was to pay 50m for him. He’s been okay this year, spoken a lot about how he’s performed but I think he’s still playing within himself and can definitely reach another few levels.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Being linked to spurs and arsenal, asking price 50m.  I’d like him to stay he has been excellent for us this year.

£50m???

I'm currently content in the knowledge that he's probably worth somewhere in the region of what we paid for him.  £50m should surely be enough to buy a player of better quality than him.  

He has improved but he is a ball watcher. Great at times but too many lapses and slow to be worth that much. 

£50m?! He's had one great game against Brighton but other than that he's more often second best to Zouma. I'd sell him in a heart beat for half that just to recoup what we paid. He was a needless signing and very much a Walsh player, height aside I don't see anything in his game better than Holgate's. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

£50m?! He's had one great game against Brighton but other than that he's more often second best to Zouma. I'd sell him in a heart beat for half that just to recoup what we paid. He was a needless signing and very much a Walsh player, height aside I don't see anything in his game better than Holgate's. 

For £50m I'd sell, we could get a much better upgrade, with pace and better reading of the game.

VVD I remember we linked with him when he was in Holland and it was us and Brighton in for him under moyes. He went to Celtic. Then we bought funes mori instead 😩. Prices are stupid these days as we all know. Keane is improving but if that’s true which I doubt it is but I’m sure marcel will have much cheaper and younger players under scrutiny 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

When I watch VVD play for the red shite it puts things into perspective as to what I want from a centre half.  Why the fuck didn't we get him when selling John Stones.... we were sniffing around him when he was at Celtic. 

When I watch Messi it puts things into perspective as to what I want from an attacking mid. 

But then i remember where we are. I agree with the ideology but we’re just not in the position to do anything about it...

... yet...

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

When I watch Messi it puts things into perspective as to what I want from an attacking mid. 

But then i remember where we are. I agree with the ideology but we’re just not in the position to do anything about it...

... yet...

Messi was never within our grasp - VVD was and available for £10m. A steal.... 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can I ask, if we sold him and got £50m, which defender worth £50m would be interested in coming to Everton?

Genuine question because I don’t think there are many who are better than him who would be tempted by Everton. 

agreed, we spent 30m on Mina and people are already saying he's not good enough (not my opinion i think he will be solid) and he's a barca product.  

56 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can I ask, if we sold him and got £50m, which defender worth £50m would be interested in coming to Everton?

Genuine question because I don’t think there are many who are better than him who would be tempted by Everton. 

Holgate, don't know if he's worth £50m but he's shown more in a blue shirt than Keane. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

From what I've seen of him in blue he was a better defensively than Stones, and Keane has been a step backwards. 

I’m starting to think you’ve not got a clue, or you just have a bunch of players you hate so much you can’t aknowledge what they do. It’s got to be one or the other, it’s the only possibility!

12 hours ago, StevO said:

I think the whole point is that he's probably not worth £50m.  I'd be surprised if better centre halves arent available for less. 

46 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s why I’m asking who?

we don’t need the money, why sell him?

I don't get the "don't need the money" bit..... we need to operate within financial fair play it doesn't matter how much money moshiri has. The club still needs to operate in a sell high and but low model to a degree untill we are able to legitimately bring income up to the man United and arsenal levels.

It's as simple as this for me:- "is he a top 6 level centre half"..... for me the answer is no.  Possibly he may get better but £50m in the European market or foreign market I guess could buy a better player.  

Who??? It's more a case of trusting our DOF, I'm sure He has a huge list of potential buys.... I could start listing names etc but what it comes down to is this....

Is Keane worth £50m?  For me no.  And if brands and co believe they could replace him for cheaper then sell. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Holgate, don't know if he's worth £50m but he's shown more in a blue shirt than Keane. 

Not going to say yes better, but he isn’t that far off. And he is young and improving.

Dont think this comment is as daft as many are making out. Holgate has a lot of potential and given a good run could save us a lot of DCL... I mean money.