IGNORED

Michael Keane

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I don't get the "don't need the money" bit..... we need to operate within financial fair play it doesn't matter how much money moshiri has. The club still needs to operate in a sell high and but low model to a degree untill we are able to legitimately bring income up to the man United and arsenal levels.

It's as simple as this for me:- "is he a top 6 level centre half"..... for me the answer is no.  Possibly he may get better but £50m in the European market or foreign market I guess could buy a better player.  

Who??? It's more a case of trusting our DOF, I'm sure He has a huge list of potential buys.... I could start listing names etc but what it comes down to is this....

Is Keane worth £50m?  For me no.  And if brands and co believe they could replace him for cheaper then sell. 

which CB's on arsenal, chelsea, or united are better than him?  honestly.  i don't see any of them better than keane on those teams.  Spurs City VVD for the shite sure, but he's top 6 material for me.

I wouldn't sell Keane. We'll have to overpay to get someone at his current level or better, and he's come on leaps and bounds this year. I still think he has the potential to be a top 4 CB. They get better with age, so I don't think he's hit his prime yet.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

I don't get the "don't need the money" bit..... we need to operate within financial fair play it doesn't matter how much money moshiri has. The club still needs to operate in a sell high and but low model to a degree untill we are able to legitimately bring income up to the man United and arsenal levels.

It's as simple as this for me:- "is he a top 6 level centre half"..... for me the answer is no.  Possibly he may get better but £50m in the European market or foreign market I guess could buy a better player.  

Who??? It's more a case of trusting our DOF, I'm sure He has a huge list of potential buys.... I could start listing names etc but what it comes down to is this....

Is Keane worth £50m?  For me no.  And if brands and co believe they could replace him for cheaper then sell. 

We don’t need the money in the same way we did when we’ve sold other players for a lot of money. And if we sell Keane for £50m every defender we want is now £50m because selling clubs will hike up the price. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

We don’t need the money in the same way we did when we’ve sold other players for a lot of money. And if we sell Keane for £50m every defender we want is now £50m because selling clubs will hike up the price. 

Buy one/agree deal before we sell him... thats where we go wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Another example of how fans need to be patient before judging a player. 

I wanted him here and was absolutely gutted when it looked like he was going to be a failure, but when you look into it there were a lot of mitigating circumstances surrounding that bad form, and I'm so pleased he's come out the other side of it.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wanted him here and was absolutely gutted when it looked like he was going to be a failure, but when you look into it there were a lot of mitigating circumstances surrounding that bad form, and I'm so pleased he's come out the other side of it.

Me too. Comment was more aimed at those who can apparently judge a player in 3 games or less. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ditto - I’d written him off in the summer (after raving about him before) but so glad we stuck with him. It’d be great if we could get Zouma permanently as they’ve formed a very strong partnership.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Another example of how fans need to be patient before judging a player. 

It’s because he doesn’t have bells ringing on his feet when he runs. He is a calm, professional and level headed player that goes about business.

I don’t think people are clicking onto the Keane to Gana to forwards play yet. But if you watch the link up between these players, it’s easy to see they are the backbone of our team.

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s because he doesn’t have bells ringing on his feet when he runs. He is a calm, professional and level headed player that goes about business.

I don’t think people are clicking onto the Keane to Gana to forwards play yet. But if you watch the link up between these players, it’s easy to see they are the backbone of our team.

I’m not the only one who’s noticed their collaboration!

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This. Though he’s basically been only a bit more than solid and cut out most the errors that were blighting his game, for me he’s been the most improved player since last season.

That’s  not much praise I suppose, but if he can make another step forward next season, and my feeling is that he can, then he’ll really start to bring something to the team AND avoid the need to spend more dough on another starting CB (provided we do sign Zouma).

The main thing is that I no longer get the feeling of impending doom any time he is required to make an intervention in the game.

He also looks like the drummer from New Order, which is a plus.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

The lads had a great season- made up for him.

I’d say he’s had a massively improved season if I’m being picky, purely because he’s not reached his potential yet. If he keeps this up next season he’ll be well deserving of that praise. 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I’d say he’s had a massively improved season if I’m being picky, purely because he’s not reached his potential yet. If he keeps this up next season he’ll be well deserving of that praise. 

He’s come on leaps and bounds and is a prime example of how quickly fans can write players off.

On 26/04/2019 at 17:47, Matt said:

Totally. Remember what a disaster on legs Jags was when he arrived? First season and a bit he was terrible. Hopeful Keane can go and go what he’s done.

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

From the fact that he is improving.....looks far more assured.

In three weeks? 

Even with the opposition being poor of late he still gets me worried. Zouma is the more assured one. 

Keane has only had one game were he's shone and that was the win were he put Murray in his pocket. Most games he's not strong enough, almost like he's scared of hurting the opposition. 

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

In three weeks? 

Even with the opposition being poor of late he still gets me worried. Zouma is the more assured one. 

Keane has only had one game were he's shone and that was the win were he put Murray in his pocket. Most games he's not strong enough, almost like he's scared of hurting the opposition. 

At first I didn't think he was worth more than £7m.  He is getting far more assured.  Pace is a concern but his focus is much better. 

54 minutes ago, hafnia said:

At first I didn't think he was worth more than £7m.  He is getting far more assured.  Pace is a concern but his focus is much better. 

I'd say he's been better than last year but more of a case of him setting the bar so low. I just don't see what he adds more than Holgate. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

The people who have already written off Mina need to give him the same backing we gave Keane.  Mina will come good I have no doubts.

The moment he shows some consistency being good rather than crap, I’ll happily hold my hands up. Difference with Keane is that he always looked like he could be a top quality defender. Mina always looks like a liability.