IGNORED

Tom Davies

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

at this point i would loan him out, it's obvious he needs playing time but he's just not up to the standard we need at the moment.  send him to cardiff or huddersfield or brighton.  let him play week in/out and hone his craft.  his missed header for the goal was shocking, his passes to the opposition and general positioning was not ok.  

......time to change my avatar

Really? 

Game of opinions but I thought he was very good today.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Really? 

Game of opinions but I thought he was very good today.

Maybe Gana overshadowed him but he didn’t add anything in attack and was caught out a couple times in defense.  I was so excited when he came on I want nothing more than davies to come good but he doesn’t make a noticeable impact for me.  

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Maybe Gana overshadowed him but he didn’t add anything in attack and was caught out a couple times in defense.  I was so excited when he came on I want nothing more than davies to come good but he doesn’t make a noticeable impact for me.  

Gana gave the ball away more than he did, not that he gave it away allot.

Davies made some key interceptions, closed down allot, and played some nice passes always looking to go forward.

He also won some clever free kicks.

Not the finished article, but a good performance for a player with potential.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

at this point i would loan him out, it's obvious he needs playing time but he's just not up to the standard we need at the moment.  send him to cardiff or huddersfield or brighton.  let him play week in/out and hone his craft.  his missed header for the goal was shocking, his passes to the opposition and general positioning was not ok.  

Just watched highlights on MOTM. Can only conclude you're looking for reasons to get at the lad. Should Pickford be loaned out because he spilled that shot that Ings hit the bar from? That was a far more 'shocking' error and he got lucky. 

Also, if we loan out Davies, who do you suggest we have as back up in midfield? 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Just watched highlights on MOTM. Can only conclude you're looking for reasons to get at the lad. Should Pickford be loaned out because he spilled that shot that Ings hit the bar from? That was a far more 'shocking' error and he got lucky. 

Also, if we loan out Davies, who do you suggest we have as back up in midfield? 

The other guys we have besic Beni McCarthy Bernard Gomes we have a glut of them.

like Ste said he won’t see much time ahead of those guys, loan him out and let him grow.  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

The other guys we have besic Beni McCarthy Bernard Gomes we have a glut of them.

like Ste said he won’t see much time ahead of those guys, loan him out and let him grow.  

I said he won’t get much game time, but forget Beni even getting close, McCarthy will he quite a while yet, Gomes will be taking game time off him but don’t think he’s competing with Bernard. Think the position he will play won’t be where Davies does. 

I really don’t get what people have seen in Beni in a handful of games. He did ok for a lad of his age, but nothing to suggest he will be in the side any time soon. He is no where near the level of Davies, let alone Schneiderlin, Gana and Gomes. 

Seems I missed Besic out of the list Mark made, I was going to type something nasty about him but instead I just find it hilarious that anyone could even think about playing him before Davies. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

McCarthy is injured, Bernard is a winger/forward, Beni has made 8 senior appearances to Davies' 59. We don't have a glut of CMs at all, if we did we still wouldn't be seeing Gana and Schneiderlin starting. 

Plus, I'd rather see all of our most promising young players in and around the first team learning and developing under a manager who looks like he knows how to get a team playing football. If we get hit by injuries, we want the likes of Davies, Kenny, DCL, Lookman, Dowell and Beni up to speed and in tune with what the manager wants, not on loan at Derby County. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

The fact that Davies was in the match day squad and was picked to replace Morgan indicates that he will get game time. 

Silva wants competition for places so he is going to get chances, and has to take them.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

The fact that Davies was in the match day squad and was picked to replace Morgan indicates that he will get game time. 

Silva wants competition for places so he is going to get chances, and has to take them.

The minute Gomes is healthy he won’t get a sniff except cup matches and this African exhibition.  

Not sure why all you lot think a loan is punishment, it’s ok for the rest of our youth but not davies?  He needs to play regularly, morgan Gana and Gomes will keep him out of the side, he’s still young, I’d rather have him playing than wasting away on  the bench for a whole year.

Gomes is an attacking midfielder and more of a threat / cover for Siggy than Davies.

I imagine the reason most of the talented younger players have been kept around the first team so they can develop the way Silva and Brands want them to. Davies looked more composed on the ball than he did under Allardyce. 

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

The minute Gomes is healthy he won’t get a sniff except cup matches and this African exhibition.  

Not sure why all you lot think a loan is punishment, it’s ok for the rest of our youth but not davies?  He needs to play regularly, morgan Gana and Gomes will keep him out of the side, he’s still young, I’d rather have him playing than wasting away on  the bench for a whole year.

I'll repeat my earlier question - who plays CM if Gomes, Schneiderlin, Gana get injured, suspended or just start playing poorly? We need a squad, we need competition for places, we need young lads like Davies, Kenny, DCL and all chomping at the bit putting pressure on whoever does start and keeping them on their toes. It's not that going on loan is a punishment, but we only send players on loan who don't figure in 1st team plans. Davies does, and as I said, he already has 59 first team appearances for Everton FC under his belt. He's in exactly the right place to develop - our first team squad. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He has already played enough first team football that a loan, other than to maybe find form, isnt going to do much. Loans are good for young players to get first team experience playing against men but Davies has that and has it at the right level. If he is good enough to be in another PL level 11 then he is more than good enough to be in or around ours. 

I think it is fair to say that he hasnt kicked on as hoped but he has had a tough couple of years and now has the right manager to guide him through this season and develop in the ways he needs. Fundamentally he is the type of player that will do well in this system but its a question as to whether he is good enough at this level. Going on loan isnt going to prove / disprove that. Just look at Besic.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

He has already played enough first team football that a loan, other than to maybe find form, isnt going to do much. Loans are good for young players to get first team experience playing against men but Davies has that and has it at the right level. If he is good enough to be in another PL level 11 then he is more than good enough to be in or around ours. 

I think it is fair to say that he hasnt kicked on as hoped but he has had a tough couple of years and now has the right manager to guide him through this season and develop in the ways he needs. Fundamentally he is the type of player that will do well in this system but its a question as to whether he is good enough at this level. Going on loan isnt going to prove / disprove that. Just look at Besic.

Strange I see loftus cheek loaned out every year playing first team football and that’s fine.  Take off the blue tinted glasses, he needs minutes and won’t get them here in steady supply.  

2 hours ago, patto said:

We have got rid of most of our deadwood on loan we may need Tom around the first team in case of injury. 

This. With Gomes arriving injured it’s only taken Schneiderlin going down for us to need him as a starter. If he’s struggling to get games once Gomes and Bernard bed in loan him off in Jan, but it’d be crazy to get rid of him now. 

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Strange I see loftus cheek loaned out every year playing first team football and that’s fine.  Take off the blue tinted glasses, he needs minutes and won’t get them here in steady supply.  

Firstly RLC played 22 games in the premier league prior to last season, in which I imagine 75% of them were as a late substitute. In fact he had played 573 minutes for Chelsea which is less than 6 1/2 games. He played 24 times for Palace in which he would have started most and accumulated 1875 minutes which is a little under 21 games. That's roughly 75% of one season. He played a further 84 minutes for Chelsea in the CL.

Prior to this season Davies has played 59 times in total in the premier league which has equated to 3546 minutes which is a shade under 40 games. He has also played 247 minutes in Europe which is the majority of 3 games.

Loftus-Cheek may be 2 years older but he has played a third less games which is quite a significant amount at their age.

Having said all that in my opinion sending him out on loan again isn'tt fine. He should be playing for Chelsea (in and around the first time like Davies is) or he should try and get a permanent move elsewhere. He showed he was good enough to be playing first team premier league football when at Palace last season and the next step for him being properly involved in a first team squad.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Who says it's fine? Chelsea are notorious for having the best youth teams in the country and the worst record for bringing good young players into their first team. We really don't want to use them as an example, they're a graveyard for young talent. 

On 18/08/2018 at 09:23, markjazzbassist said:

You realize none of those clubs can sign players at this point, right?

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

Clear this lad is well down the pecking order when everyone is fit. 

Very true,  I think  he's the sort of lad who will dig in and do everything he can to improve and change that, as others have said, he has a chance to learn his craft under Marco, who seems to be developing  a great team sport and ethics, which is completely different to this time last year and for the rest of the season.