IGNORED

Tom Davies

8 hours ago, Paddock said:

He gets a lot of shit and I think it’s harsh. He’s not exactly my favourite player- do I think he should arart? Probably not- Captain? Defo not but he’s 20, young and learning. Some of our fans on Twitter especially are utter utter gobshites the grief they give the kid.

I'm not on Twitter, don't see the point or need for it TBH, are they deffo Everton fans or trolls?

51 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Wasn't in the u21 squad today for their win.  Anyone know what is up with that?  Hopefully not another injured midfielder from the international break (Gana scored but was injured in Senegal's last game and is not starting in their game today).

Think it was more a case of give a few other players a chance against a very average Scotland team.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Really don't get the hate for Davies. Far from the worst player last week and laughable to say Schneiderlin was noticeably better. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still not a fan, eh?

He is utter shite, Matt.

I'm definitely willing to admit I was wrong about him because I thought he was better than what he actually is. But he's nowhere near being good enough.

Honestly thought he'd have a good game yesterday against a lower league side, but instead it was the usual little boy lost routine where he does absolutely nothing.

Echo what Mark says 

He shows nothing that can be built upon for me 

No pace no vision or range of passing, 99% of the time turns the ball over backwards or sideways and slows play right down 

He's a plodder who's not cut out for this level and you can tell he never will be imo 

After 2 years he’s still got this tendency to rush forward blindly and over commit himself, get hoodwinked and find himself way out of position.  Got caught out and exposed the team several times yesterday. Just hasn’t kicked on in the way that we hoped. Still young enough to develop but needs more effective coaching or the right loan, I feel.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

After 2 years he’s still got this tendency to rush forward blindly and over commit himself, get hoodwinked and find himself way out of position.  Got caught out and exposed the team several times yesterday. Just hasn’t kicked on in the way that we hoped. Still young enough to develop but needs more effective coaching or the right loan, I feel.

That’s more how I see it too

I have been a big supporter of his but his last two performances in particular have been crap. 

When a player is on the fringes and they get a chance they need to come in show why they should be starting but he does the opposite.

Thats the same for many young players but he needs to start pulling his finger out. If Gueye or Gomes get injured we are fucked.

I liked him when he came on the scene. Liked his look, socks around his ankles always wanting the ball, confident. Now I just see a decent footballer that screams championship player all over him. I’d love to be proved wrong but has anyone seen him play a killer ball threaded through to a striker or something that makes you think wow? 

He doesn’t have anything to his game unfortunately. He’s not good enough for this level. So many English players fail to kick on....it would be interesting to know how dedicated some are off the field, or whether they are always out, etc, or whether they lose the motivation once nailing a big contract. You can’t have millions of Harry Kanes but we’ve seen so many just stand still

He needs game time, and a manager to decide what type of midfielder he is, box to box, attacking midfielder, or central midfielder and then help him develop.

I think a loan is the best option for him. He is still only 20 after all. He has the skills, just needs the time to develop, maybe away from the critical eye of Goodison.  

33 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He needs game time, and a manager to decide what type of midfielder he is, box to box, attacking midfielder, or central midfielder and then help him develop.

I think a loan is the best option for him. He is still only 20 after all. He has the skills, just needs the time to develop, maybe away from the critical eye of Goodison.  

That's the problem he has very little about him to suggest he's anything but a plodding central midfielder

He certainly isn'tt a box to box mid nor an attacking mid either 

I'm genuinely curious as to what skills some see in him? 

Does he have pace? No 

Good feet and skills? Not a bad touch etc but very little else in the technical department

Range of passing? No 

Vision or able to turn the ball over positively? No 

He seems a good lad with a good work rate but I just don't see what some see in him that would suggest that he or a manaher will suddenly change his natural abilities 

Last season when we needed to keep hold of the ball and waste time Davies was the player the team looked for. No doubt the coaches would have practiced keeping hold of the ball near the corner flag in training and Davies must have been the best. 

Said it yesterday but what player has played well next to Gana? You look at Gomes' good performances and he's had to take on two or three players at a time. You look at the bad and it's because he's lost the ball when the two of three players have come at him. 

How any one can moan Davies doesn't do anything with the ball yet don't say anything about Gana is beyond me. Night and day difference in their passing quality. 

54 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Last season when we needed to keep hold of the ball and waste time Davies was the player the team looked for. No doubt the coaches would have practiced keeping hold of the ball near the corner flag in training and Davies must have been the best. 

Said it yesterday but what player has played well next to Gana? You look at Gomes' good performances and he's had to take on two or three players at a time. You look at the bad and it's because he's lost the ball when the two of three players have come at him. 

How any one can moan Davies doesn't do anything with the ball yet don't say anything about Gana is beyond me. Night and day difference in their passing quality. 

Your credibility is shrinking each day. 

19 minutes ago, sibdane said:

He needs to go out on loan. His progress has really stalled (or even digressed). I hate it for him, because when he first burst onto the scene he showed some real potential.

He could just be a late bloomer like Ossie was. I’m not writing him off but he does have a lot to learn and he needs to play to do that