IGNORED

Tom Davies

Have I said he's shit? I've actually said he looks a player, I just don't think he was as amazing as others think he was today.

I agree, he looks a bit of a headless chicken when he's off the ball. I appreciate he's keen as fuck. He had an excellent full debut but was hardly outstanding.

Seems like the pundits are raving about his performance as well. Saying that for those who haven't seen it and get chance...watch this kid.

Didn't and can't wait, ever since his first cameo appearance been shouting for this lad to take Barry's place, after a few minutes you could see he had the energy we've been lacking, but that said he still obviously needs a bit of direction and that's something for the coaching staff to work on, but keep him in from what I'm hearing sounds like a breath of fresh air.

When have I mentioned his work-rate? He ran about loads but I wanted him to actually touch the ball more. That's what I meant about involvement.

you said "get more involved" or words to that effect. I understood that as he wasn't getting stuck in, seems I misunderstood

I'm. Not saying he was poor, he played welland had an excellent debut but I don't think he was MotM or was superb.

He's full of energy and running but MCs "erratic" comment is spot on. He's allover the place but he's out of position a lot and he looks like he'll have a red card or two in him.

Don't think anyone's having a "ding dong", just very surprised and trying to understand the other point of view

His running epitomised the pressing football that we've wanted for so long. Ok, it might need refining but for his first full debut I thought he was excellent and didn't hide; if anything he was the one most actively looking for responsibility

Don't think anyone's having a "ding dong", just very surprised and trying to understand the other point of view

Let's not have a ding-dong because I'm trying to stop us having a ding-dong. I know this forum likes it's ding-dong's. And that ding-dong's can start from almost anything.

He looked lively but must agree with he was okay rather than star of the show. He does give it away a fair bit and could be exposed - he gets a free pass because of his age off our crowd, when Barkley does it it's all moans and groans. I think it was the perfect game for Davies today against a very tired Southampton. He needs easing in but there's certainly a very bright future for this lad.

I think people are expecting a little too much from him. For his first proper start this season he was very good.

Our midfielders are all headless chickens and that is why it works because they are running around trying to cover a lot of ground. Gana is the same, McCarthy too, Barry not so much.

I was expecting him to do that, to be dynamic and get around the pitch but I wasn't expecting him to have that awareness on the ball and play some of the quality passes he did.

Good on him.

I think people are expecting a little too much from him. For his first proper start this season he was very good.

Our midfielders are all headless chickens and that is why it works because they are running around trying to cover a lot of ground. Gana is the same, McCarthy too, Barry not so much.

I was expecting him to do that, to be dynamic and get around the pitch but I wasn't expecting him to have that awareness on the ball and play some of the quality passes he did.

Good on him.

Gans is far from a headless chicken, he reads the game superbly.