IGNORED

Tom Davies

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If only he had smashed that shot into the back of the net... Cant help but think we had a much better chance with one of the players to his left.

Nice to see him come in and play well today. That is the level he needs to hit week in week out.

Agreed. He looked like a completely different player than he has in the last year and a half. It was refreshing. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

If only he had smashed that shot into the back of the net... Cant help but think we had a much better chance with one of the players to his left.

Nice to see him come in and play well today. That is the level he needs to hit week in week out.

To be fair he hit it with some venom, a few inches either side and the keeper would have real trouble. 

Thought he showed a very level head last night. The hold up play in the last few minutes lifted my spirits more than anything in the game.

43 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Fair enough.

I think you just need filter glasses that instead of showing Davies, show another player instead.

Pity Haff didn't have a pair when watching Lukaku, or PeteO with Gana.

Mate, I’d love nothing more than to have a filter to replace Davies with a good player ;) 

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

Fair enough.

I think you just need filter glasses that instead of showing Davies, show another player instead.

Pity Haff didn't have a pair when watching Lukaku, or PeteO with Gana.

Slightly different to say the least those comparisons as Lukaku evidently scored goals regardless of his faults and Gana goes about his business as well as most top DM's in the game does whereas Davies has had one half decent game.....

Let him put 7/10 performances in far more consistently before we start raving about how he's proved people wrong off the back of scrapping past Huddersfield

6 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Slightly different to say the least those comparisons as Lukaku evidently scored goals regardless of his faults and Gana goes about his business as well as most top DM's in the game does whereas Davies has had one half decent game.....

Let him put 7/10 performances in far more consistently before we start raving about how he's proved people wrong off the back of scrapping past Huddersfield

If that was true we'd be a top 7 side and Villa probably wouldn't have got relegated. He's not even a DM, Gomes, Schneiderlin, and Barry all sat more. If anything he's in the role of the CM and possibly the worst one in the league at that. 

8 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Scrapping past Huddersfield with Davies playing and 10 men for half the game, as opposed to been blown out the water against Millwall with Gana playing. 

And your point is?

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Scrapping past Huddersfield with Davies playing and 10 men for half the game, as opposed to been blown out the water against Millwall with Gana playing. 

And your point is?

It's pretty clear mate, you can't draw comparisons to two proven players after one half decent game it's just silly 

I nearly fell over though when I saw two notifications from a post I mention Gana and it was you and Pete 😄

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's not even a DM, Gomes, Schneiderlin, and Barry all sat more. If anything he's in the role of the CM and possibly the worst one in the league at that. 

And you wonder why most on here don't take your opinions on Gana seriously. At least keep your nonsense to the appropriate thread. 

3 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

It's pretty clear mate, you can't draw comparisons to two proven players after one half decent game it's just silly 

I nearly fell over though when I saw two notifications from a post I mention Gana and it was you and Pete 😄

Just given you a reality check that were no better with Gana, based on your first post 💋

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just given you a reality check that were no better with Gana, based on your first post 💋

Ey don't draw me into this one my head spins when I read that thread as it is 

I'll be honest though considering I just said the above... I don't actually see the absolute necessity of playing a DM, I'd rather have a player in the Dacoure mould that can do that whilst being a box to box type 

4 hours ago, Makis said:

How many 20-year old CMs are there in the Premier League that are much better than Davies? How many have there been in the last five years?

Not sure why people throw age around with footballers he's 20 not 16 also there have been loads of players over the years.... but it all comes down to your personal opinion of how good you think he is, very subjective 

Personally ability wise I don't see much difference in him to the likes of Gosling and Rodwell 

Experience is very important for players, especially so for central midfielders. That's why. Also, players at that age are usually not at peak fitness yet. So a 20-year old player can be expected to improve. He's not the finished product yet.

Rodwell was talented but his attitude has stank ever since. He could have been a regular England player, instead he was happy to pick a fat wage packet from Sunderland and not play. Davies by all accounts is absolutely opposite. Extremely eager to learn, trains hard, loves to play. And he seems to have that knack of making others around him better.

16 minutes ago, Makis said:

Experience is very important for players, especially so for central midfielders. That's why. Also, players at that age are usually not at peak fitness yet. So a 20-year old player can be expected to improve. He's not the finished product yet.

Rodwell was talented but his attitude has stank ever since. He could have been a regular England player, instead he was happy to pick a fat wage packet from Sunderland and not play. Davies by all accounts is absolutely opposite. Extremely eager to learn, trains hard, loves to play. And he seems to have that knack of making others around him better.

That sounds like Rodwell before he was sold without wanting to go with the British media bigging him up as the next big thing. He wasn’t ready for that move and it destroyed him  

Anyway, I completely agree with you about Davies.

I wonder how good Barry was at 20 and I don’t mean based on news reports and subsequent career. I mean who watched him week in week out. 

17 hours ago, Makis said:

I've said previously experience will help any player that's a given but you can only get so far on hard work and experience you need the natural ability to hone and I just don't see it in him 

He's not shite don't get me wrong he could be a squad player for years to come but I can't ever see him being able to cut it at the level we should be aiming for as a first team player

Can't blame Rodwell for wanting his money when he asked to leave also had problems with injuries, Sunderland are and where a shambles who gladly threw the money at him and others to begin with, a club that got what they deserved imo

Anyway it's going off topic but I hope he proves me wrong down the line as I'll gladly eat humble pie when any player wearing the shirt does so