IGNORED

Tom Davies

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I don’t think Richarlison creates a lot personally.

Oh he does. He creates a lot of fucking frustration.

Davies was ok yesterday. He's not good enough to be playing central midfield in the PL right now (and never will be imo) but he is far from a problem of yesterday. The much bigger problems from that game are the tit on the left and Sigurdsson who plays god knows where and offers nothing. Zero. Nada. Fuck all. I want the pair of them dropped. Richarlison because he's a moaning, lazy piece of crap that doesn't have a clue how to beat his man. And Sigurdsson because he doesn't get involved really and his set pieces are an absolute waste of time. So what is he there for? We won't miss him,

Mark said ....

Sigurdsson who plays god knows where and offers nothing. Zero. Nada. Fuck all. I want the pair of them dropped. Richarlison because he's a moaning, lazy piece of crap that doesn't have a clue how to beat his man. And Sigurdsson because he doesn't get involved really and his set pieces are an absolute waste of time. So what is he there for? We won't miss him,

Won't miss the 20 goals they've scored between them. ?😀

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Mark said ....

Sigurdsson who plays god knows where and offers nothing. Zero. Nada. Fuck all. I want the pair of them dropped. Richarlison because he's a moaning, lazy piece of crap that doesn't have a clue how to beat his man. And Sigurdsson because he doesn't get involved really and his set pieces are an absolute waste of time. So what is he there for? We won't miss him,

Won't miss the 20 goals they've scored between them. ?😀

Sorry Bill, I’ve missed where they’ve been sparkling for us when we’ve lost, what is it?, 6 out of the last 9 or something like that. 

What I haven’t missed it Sigurdsson hiding from the ball and then when he has it does fuck all of any note with it. I haven’t missed Richarlison walking (yes walking) around the pitch with a sense of entitlement and generally with the air of couldn’t give a shit. That’s the best part of £100m stinking the place out. 

Sigurdsson upsets the whole balance of the team and we’d be better off not building a team around him. We never should have brought him in. Richarlison just needs a kick up the arse from his “dad”.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

I agree with you on how they play mark, but we would be in a lot more trouble without their 20 goals. Playing shit but still scoring goals can be forgiven.  ala Lukaku. 😊

For all his goals and assists Sigurdssen has only got us 4 points. Hard to justify him starting considering he's anonymous if he doesn't make the score sheet and even when he does it had little affect to the outcome of the game. 

44 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For all his goals and assists Sigurdssen has only got us 4 points. Hard to justify him starting considering he's anonymous if he doesn't make the score sheet and even when he does it had little affect to the outcome of the game. 

Not this again... if he’s scoring and assisting he’s doing his job, others are not. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I agree with you on how they play mark, but we would be in a lot more trouble without their 20 goals. Playing shit but still scoring goals can be forgiven.  ala Lukaku. 😊

I’d swap those goals for a more balanced and committed side in an instant. I’d wager that would bring about more points as well. 

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s the only one doing any closing down up top, the only one capable of splitting the defence with a pass, our best set piece taker...

He's not fast enough, effective enough at closing down. He's a yard behind the play more often than not and easily marked out of the game when we have the ball. 

Prefer Digne on the set pieces. Sigurdssen has largely been disappointing in that department considering it's his main attribute. 

Through ball wise it was quoted that Barry creates more from open play than him. 

Using yesterday's game all I remember is one decent delivery from a set piece and one pass through to Walcott. Two passes in 90 minutes hardly justifies him a starting spot. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's not fast enough, effective enough at closing down. He's a yard behind the play more often than not and easily marked out of the game when we have the ball. 

Prefer Digne on the set pieces. Sigurdssen has largely been disappointing in that department considering it's his main attribute. 

Through ball wise it was quoted that Barry creates more from open play than him. 

Using yesterday's game all I remember is one decent delivery from a set piece and one pass through to Walcott. Two passes in 90 minutes hardly justifies him a starting spot. 

I’ll give you Digne, the rest I don’t know where to start with disagreeing 

11 hours ago, Btay said:

I don’t think Richarlison creates a lot personally.

He is more of a finisher than creator thats for sure. He creates more for himself than others.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not this again... if he’s scoring and assisting he’s doing his job, others are not. 

Plus he cant help it if people arent scoring the chances he creates. Siggy is comfortably our most creative player and most influential player but he is being played alongside the striker rather than as a midfielder and he just doesnt get on the ball anywhere near enough.

17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Plus he cant help it if people arent scoring the chances he creates. Siggy is comfortably our most creative player and most influential player but he is being played alongside the striker rather than as a midfielder and he just doesnt get on the ball anywhere near enough

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_created

Assume this must include set pieces but he's taken as many as Digne this year yet Digne has created significantly more (although I have no idea what they class as a big chance). 

That said I don't feel like we've created much, I don't remember us missing many sitters in general be it Sigurdssen or Digne creating. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_created

Assume this must include set pieces but he's taken as many as Digne this year yet Digne has created significantly more (although I have no idea what they class as a big chance). 

That said I don't feel like we've created much, I don't remember us missing many sitters in general be it Sigurdssen or Digne creating. 

I am amazed that I have to do something like this but just watch this for a couple of minutes and tell me that he isnt a huge part of a lot of the good attacking moves we make.

As I have said, he needs to do more and get on the ball more and I dont like his position as almost a second striker, and I am also not keen on the fact that he only comes short and doesn't run behind but the bottom line is that if you could get Siggy 20 more touches a game we would create more chances. That is why it is a complicated decision for Silva.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I am amazed that I have to do something like this but just watch this for a couple of minutes and tell me that he isnt a huge part of a lot of the good attacking moves we make.

As I have said, he needs to do more and get on the ball more and I dont like his position as almost a second striker, and I am also not keen on the fact that he only comes short and doesn't run behind but the bottom line is that if you could get Siggy 20 more touches a game we would create more chances. That is why it is a complicated decision for Silva.

That's the problem the tactics don't allow for him to get on the ball that much. He's too slow. On the other hand we don't set up to make the most use it is him as you'd need to set the whole team around him. 

No one is saying he's not capable. Just that he's not involved enough and that we might create more as a team with a player better suited to those around him. 

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

That's the problem the tactics don't allow for him to get on the ball that much. He's too slow. On the other hand we don't set up to make the most use it is him as you'd need to set the whole team around him. 

No one is saying he's not capable. Just that he's not involved enough and that we might create more as a team with a player better suited to those around him. 

I completely agree with that.

Just now, Bailey said:

He is certainly better playing the slightly more advanced role rather than sitting deep. We surely must now start playing with one sitting and the other two breaking forward.

Tbh I was just happy to see Richarlison and Sigurdsson fucked right off. We looked hugely better without the pair of them and I hope we stick with it. 

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is certainly better playing the slightly more advanced role rather than sitting deep. We surely must now start playing with one sitting and the other two breaking forward.

Even when he is sitting deep he is making smart forward runs. Keep him in the side and challenge him to keep improving/ consistent levels.

Really happy he’s back on track and showing signs of improving into a good player.

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

Hasn’t proved anyone wrong until he does it consistently over a period of games. He has shown he has the ability now let’s get the consistency.

He cant get the consistency if he plays two games and is then left out for six, the  Manager needs to pick what he thinks is his best team and let them all get the  consistency.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

He cant get the consistency if he plays two games and is then left out for six, the  Manager needs to pick what he thinks is his best team and let them all get the  consistency.

No but he has come in and performed at a level that warrants his selection whereas before he wasn’t.