IGNORED

Tom Davies

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Hasn’t proved anyone wrong until he does it consistently over a period of games. He has shown he has the ability now let’s get the consistency.

He has, people doubted he had the talent, the ability to play at this level, he has proved them wrong.

Yes now he needs to demonstrate his ability consistently.  To do that he needs regular games in a position he is suited to, and support from the fans. We need to remember he is only 20 and will be inconsistent.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He has, people doubted he had the talent, the ability to play at this level, he has proved them wrong.

Yes now he needs to demonstrate his ability consistently.  To do that he needs regular games in a position he is suited to, and support from the fans. We need to remember he is only 20 and will be inconsistent.

Cant think of anyone who said he dosent have talent, however 1 good game a season does not mean he's proven himself in this league.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

He hasn't proved anyone wrong he's had two good games and I'm made up for the lad but to say he's proved people wrong is ridiculous 

Shall we say he's proved his critics right as he's had far more piss poor games than good? No it's pointless petty and unnecessary

Myself and others who doubt him will be more than happy to be proved wrong believe me 

14 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

He hasn't proved anyone wrong he's had two good games and I'm made up for the lad but to say he's proved people wrong is ridiculous 

Shall we say he's proved his critics right as he's had far more piss poor games than good? No it's pointless petty and unnecessary

Myself and others who doubt him will be more than happy to be proved wrong believe me 

By playing that well against one of the best teams in the country he proved people wrong who doubted he had the talent to perform at that level.

At the risk of repearing myself I have said he needs to do it consistently, which I believe he will if given the games in the right position. 

My articulation of these views is not pointless or petty, and I believe it certainly was necessary given the stick the lad has taken.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Listen Mark. If you don't rate a player he can never have a good game, can't play a pass or make a tackle; he can make no contribution to the team whatsoever and is possibly the worst player ever to wear the shirt. Any decent play by him you were talking to your mate/in the toilet/opening a beer/washing your hair (delete as applicable) so missed it.

Get with the programme:shakingfist:.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

By playing that well against one of the best teams in the country he proved people wrong who doubted he had the talent to perform at that level.

At the risk of repearing myself I have said he needs to do it consistently, which I believe he will if given the games in the right position. 

My articulation of these views is not pointless or petty, and I believe it certainly was necessary given the stick the lad has taken.

What stick has he had? I couldn't care what's said at games etc we are referring to on here before that old chestnut possibly gets thrown in....

All people have said (myself included) is we/I don't think he's a starter or he has "it" to become a player starting week in week out at the level we want to be aiming for 

That's no different then the endless list of players who people have had the same thoughts on over the years regardless of age, he's had plenty of games as well but I do admit positionally and in that set up yesterday he looked much better 

As said he can spoon feed me humble pie week in week out and I'll be made up for him and anyone else who dons the shirt but let's see how he fairs first 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Listen Mark. If you don't rate a player he can never have a good game, can't play a pass or make a tackle; he can make no contribution to the team whatsoever and is possibly the worst player ever to wear the shirt. Any decent play by him you were talking to your mate/in the toilet/opening a beer/washing your hair (delete as applicable) so missed it.

He must also be classed as the worst player ever to pull on a blue shirt.... never forget that.... and to make matters worse you find a way of trying to convince people that Scott gemmill was far better than he was credited for despite leaving the club and going on to do fuck all. 

Enjoyed watching him last night. In fact, I thought that midfield 3 was awesome and complomented each other quite well.

I've always thought Davies was a good compliment to Gana. Leave Gana back to do the scruffy stuff, as he's a little terrier, although Davies to go further forward has he has that bit of extra 'flair' if you like. Both will run through brick walls for you.

Gomes in the mix. That guy is just a pure athlete and has a bit of everything.

Keep these 3 in, as long as they perform this way, and we'll be a much more solid team. Back to basics Marco.

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

What stick has he had? I couldn't care what's said at games etc we are referring to on here before that old chestnut possibly gets thrown in....

All people have said (myself included) is we/I don't think he's a starter or he has "it" to become a player starting week in week out at the level we want to be aiming for 

That's no different then the endless list of players who people have had the same thoughts on over the years regardless of age, he's had plenty of games as well but I do admit positionally and in that set up yesterday he looked much better 

As said he can spoon feed me humble pie week in week out and I'll be made up for him and anyone else who dons the shirt but let's see how he fairs first 

As you say lets all hope you get to eat lots and lots of humble pie.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Sorry, I’m not one for ignoring facts to suit my opinion. I will learn though, please don’t shout at me again :( 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, aaron said:

Kin ell, cant go on any thread on this forum without people having a dig at someone's opinion. This forum is going down the fucking pan.

Bit of irony (which is what that was) has been the backbone of the site as long as I've been here, along with people having a dig at each other; not quite sure why it's upset you:huh:.

12 hours ago, aaron said:

Kin ell, cant go on any thread on this forum without people having a dig at someone's opinion. This forum is going down the fucking pan.

Mate you sound like me when I’m upset haha. Don’t let it get to you, no one means any harm. It’s just text.

Emotion is hard to see in words.

On 07/02/2019 at 16:12, MikeO said:

Don't forget that you can never admit that you made a mistake either. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It can't be a good sign for him that while not getting chances in the PL with us he couldn't even make the bench last night (he wasn't injured). Also, coupled with Gbamin's injury it doesn't look good for him.

Could've done with loaning him out this season. Have him play every week and actually nail down a set position and see what's what.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It can't be a good sign for him that while not getting chances in the PL with us he couldn't even make the bench last night (he wasn't injured). Also, coupled with Gbamin's injury it doesn't look good for him.

Could've done with loaning him out this season. Have him play every week and actually nail down a set position and see what's what.

i have said this year and years previous he should be loaned out, i was lambasted for it on here.  glad to see some others coming to the light side