IGNORED

Tom Davies

Do you know what has impressed me most about our youngsters? It's not their ability, but how they come across as people. They come across as humble, grounded and genuinely grateful for the opportunity Everton have offered them, and that says a lot about them as individuals and of the good work our academy staff do for them away from the footballing side of things.

Hear hear.

Do you know what has impressed me most about our youngsters? It's not their ability, but how they come across as people. They come across as humble, grounded and genuinely grateful for the opportunity Everton have offered them, and that says a lot about them as individuals and of the good work our academy staff do for them away from the footballing side of things.

I think I mentioned it elsewhere - an ex senior team mate of mine used to double date with Davies parents in the late 80's - early 90's. Said the dad was a proper good amateur footballer who was unlucky not to make it and obviously Davies Mum is sister to Alan Whittle so the genes are strong in this one.

Grounded is the right word - the way he celebrated with the crowd was great.

I think I mentioned it elsewhere - an ex senior team mate of mine used to double date with Davies parents in the late 80's - early 90's. Said the dad was a proper good amateur footballer who was unlucky not to make it and obviously Davies Mum is sister to Alan Whittle so the genes are strong in this one.

Grounded is the right word - the way he celebrated with the crowd was great.

Seeing him celebrate gave my goosebumps. You could see how much it meant to him.

Seeing him celebrate gave my goosebumps. You could see how much it meant to him.

Its what all us fans want - young talented players coming through who "get the club".

I loved his interview after the Chelsea game - he played great but looked cheesed off - he's not in it for personal glory - its about the team.

Imagine a mid with Schneiderlin, Gana and Davies. They'll be constantly hounding, we'd be terrible to play against, opposition (mid) players wouldn't get a moment to think. Excellent.

Add to that McCarthy and Besic when they're fully fit and that, at the very least, must be the hardest working midfield in the prem.

Solid without being spectacular yesterday. But in some respects it was better than against City,consistency is what you want from a midfielder and he is showing that - not every game he's played in has he starred but I don't think he's played badly yet. If he can be a solid 7 the majority of games with the odd 9 or 10 thrown in then he's doing exactly what we need.

Obviously it's only the start and things could go completely the other way but I'm optimistic about him. Gana's return and Schneiderlin getting match fit will benefit him too because we'll be able to rotate him in and out when needed - the softly, softly approach is still the best way I reckon.

Came into his own at an important time yesterday.

Set the goal up and then made three timely interceptions, or got his foot in at the edge of our area when they were threatening.

What I like about him most is that he always seems involved and never hides away. Was around everything we did yesterday.

I would expect him to keep his place for a few more games. If Schneiderlin wants to play he will probably take Barry's place. Then Gana will have to come in and play better than one of them to get his place back.

Our midfielders will need to be bang in form to get a game now.

I agree with that it would be a travesty to drop Davies for Schneiderlin or Gana the way he's playing, hopefully Koeman not that stupid is he.