IGNORED

Van De Meyde

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly what i was thinking.

weather he actually got spiked or not is not the point, if he had any discipline he shouldn't have been out.

he's already said that he's recently got over a drink problem, he's got injury problems and needs to get fit and in good shape for an important season in his career but he's out getting pissed.

idiot!

Look lads - the guy obviously has a drinking problem. The definition of an alcoholic is simple - somebody who allows alcohol to affect their lives more than just financially. i.e. when it costs you more than just money, you have a problem.

It is costing this guy his career. He had a glittering career ahead of him - he was in the national squad, playing for Ajax and then Inter - but this problem has dented his hopes. That makes it worse.

He is a sick individual and probably hates the fact that he drinks - probably doesn;t even like what he is doing to himself (on reflection).

But it is an illness and unfortunately he is the only person that can help! No Doctor can help.

Alcoholism is classed as a three fold illness. 1. physical (it kills you) 2. mental and 3. spiritual.

the third cause is the hardest to overcome. Anybody can have will power to stop them picking up a drink but if they are not happy within themselves, then the drink will flow regardless of the strength of will power.

Its a horrible illness and I just hope, even if he never kicks a ball for Everton again, that he can find the strength to sort himself out (thats assuming he is an alcoholic).

Drinking 2 weeks before the season starts - its disappointing, but having lived with a raving alcolholic, I know what its about and I know that he probably wouldn't have wanted a drink - but he did and thats that.

Live and let live boys - dont be angered. Thats Moyes job.

Just because he was out partying does mean he was Drinking

43833[/snapback]

So the fact the one person in the Everton squad who has constant rumours of alcoholism just so happens to be the one with his "drink spiked". Me thinks alcohol is taking its toll on andy and he needed an excuse for how drunk he got....if the story turns out to be true then fair enough but personally I am waiting for the "Andy admitted to clinic" post of the OS.

"A spokesman for Everton FC said: "I can confirm that Andy van der Meyde spent the night in Arrowe Park hospital after being admitted on Monday morning suffering from illness.

"His progress is currently being monitored by hospital staff.

"The club will be making no further comment on the incident until after Merseyside Police has concluded its ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Andy's admission into hospital."

Van der Meyde, who has been plagued by injuries since joining Everton, was forced to deny rumours he was an alcoholic earlier this year."

lets give him the benefit of the doubt until the police have investigated at least.

"A spokesman for Everton FC said: "I can confirm that Andy van der Meyde spent the night in Arrowe Park hospital after being admitted on Monday morning suffering from illness.

"His progress is currently being monitored by hospital staff.

"The club will be making no further comment on the incident until after Merseyside Police has concluded its ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Andy's admission into hospital."

Van der Meyde, who has been plagued by injuries since joining Everton, was forced to deny rumours he was an alcoholic earlier this year."

lets give him the benefit of the doubt until the police have investigated at least.

43849[/snapback]

christ well be here for years. the police are feckin useless cunts.

Just because he was out partying does mean he was Drinking

43833[/snapback]

i agree, doesn't mean he was drinking. for all we know there may have been other members of the squad there too.

hope he's ok, then start condemming him after the truth comes out

43835[/snapback]

He must have been drinkin cause on BBC it says: he cliamed "HIS DRINKS"

So he must have been drinking but everyone is entitled to a night out but he should be trying to recover from injury

How long are you going to put your faith in this man. Some people still think he will be racing down the wing for us this season, theres never been a chance of that happening, ever since he arrived.

He's a waster who has been paid £I.5m pounds since he arrived, and given Fook all in return. He went down on bended knee, and pleaded for another chance to stay here, and he has repaid Moysey by doing this.

We still have 3 weeks before the window shuts so lets get a replacement in, and cancel his contract. (nobody will buy him).

I dont want the twat getting another penny out of this Club, so we need to send him packing now, or we will have him till january, and thats another million pounds he'll be able to Piss up against the Wall.........the Bastard. :angry:

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker

He must have been drinkin cause on BBC it says: he cliamed "HIS DRINKS"So he must have been drinking but everyone is entitled to a night out but he should be trying to recover from injury

43864[/snapback]

His drinks does not mean alcoholica drinks does it? He could have been drinking orange juice which is still classed as a drink is it not?

When I heard the news I was pretty pissed off because he's supposed to be injured and yet he's out on the town. he should have been concentrating on getting fit.

His drinks does not mean alcoholica drinks does it? He could have been drinking orange juice which is still classed as a drink is it not?

When I heard the news I was pretty pissed off because he's supposed to be injured and yet he's out on the town. he should have been concentrating on getting fit.

43918[/snapback]

Ino that but wat are the chances of him been drinking orange on a night out wen hes had problems with alcahol? Not much. He was probaly drinking Alcahol.

I couldnt give a flying fuck what he was drinking, he could have been drinking horse piss for all i care what matters is hes gettin paid to do fuck all again, my patience with this lad is wearing out, I like him and hope he EVENTUALLY gets fit but this is all you hear <_<