IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

Everyone needs to sit down....

The Guardian are reporting that the fee agreed with Hull to make the deal permanent is £10million! And it's them paying us £10million, not the other way round :o.

If thats right then I can't wait to find out what the contract stipulations are that he must achieve to make the move, find life on Jupiter with his own two hands, negotiate world peace in his dinner hour, singlehandedly carry them all the way to the FA cup final....

Can't lie, I'll definitely try to catch a hull match or two of he makes the first team. Very curious to see how (if) he's come on

Me too. None of it's his fault and the better he plays the more chance we get most of our money back.

Yep -- have to admit that I probably will too.

According to the Telegraph Sport today, Hull have signed Niasse ON LOAN until the end of the season with the option to sign him on a permanent basis. Hull are paying all his 55k weekly wage.

If he doesn't perform, it looks like we may be stuck with him?

here's from SKY

NIASSE LATEST

We understand Hull have agreed a loan deal with Everton for Oumar Niasse until the end of the season, when they'll have the option to make the deal permanent for £10m.

The clubs were finalising the terms with Niasse yesterday and the striker could become the first signing of Marco Silva’s reign.

here's from SKY

NIASSE LATEST

We understand Hull have agreed a loan deal with Everton for Oumar Niasse until the end of the season, when they'll have the option to make the deal permanent for £10m.

The clubs were finalising the terms with Niasse yesterday and the striker could become the first signing of Marco Silva’s reign.

Just fell off my chair!

Good luck to him and Hull, he kept working in the under 23's and it must be that or one hellof an agent thats got him a move for regular games. Can't fault his attitude, especially in light of some pretty shoddy treatment from his new boss, think the locker stuff is very naughty if true.

Sadly a relic from a time in our history that is thankfully now past.

We need Hull to stay up then. There's no way they will sign him if he cannot score the goals to keep them up.

We need Niasse to bang in the goals, whether they stay up or not (for the record, I think they will. Silva will make them tighter defensively and they will nick some results). But, if Niasse scores, we win either way. Either they stay up and buy him or they go down and 1) somebody else buys him or 2) he turns into a total revelation and Koeman brings him back into the fold (I can't ever foresee him doing that and it's comical, but still .0000001% possible).

We paid good money because our scouting team must have seen potential. They're not idiots. Yes, they take risks - necessary because of our financial status compared to the top six - but they must have seen something. Niasse has been a man on a mission to prove they were right: all credit to him. I'm not surprised at the 10m fee at all.

Are you being serious? If they pay £10m it will be because they survive relegation... not because he is a good signing that justifies martinez and Co throwing cash away on him.

January is a nutty time and Hull clearly are desperate for a striker.

Are you being serious? If they pay £10m it will be because they survive relegation... not because he is a good signing that justifies martinez and Co throwing cash away on him.

January is a nutty time and Hull clearly are desperate for a striker.

Steve likes to defend Martinez at any given opportunity, stop pissing on his chips :shaking fist:

All the scouts fault obviously.

Yep. Can't really demand a fee for a player who has been written off by the club.

Loan him. It puts him in the shop window. Gets him playing (hopefully!). Hopefully he plays and whacks in some goals...if he does, we can recoup more of his fee.

Well, if you're Man U you can demand 22 million pounds for a player you've written off...

Steve likes to defend Martinez at any given opportunity, stop pissing on his chips :shaking fist:

That's simply not true (yes, I took your bait! :) ). We have a team of scouts, and no team worth its salt would spend a fortune on a player based solely on a manager's say-so. There's a process, there's a filtering mechanism, there's a discussion, and there's a risk assessment. A team would be crazy not to have such a process in place. Niasse was a risk that could have turned out either way. When these things work out, the scouting team is brilliant; when it fails, the scouting team is crap. We only see the public side of things and the results, which, of course, everyone expects to be good. We'd have a completely different view of things if we saw what happens behind the scenes. Another factor was probably fan pressure to bring someone in. We almost made that mistake in the last window, but Spurs thankfully bailed us out.

With the new financial stability, I would expect to see this change. The availability of cash doesn't necessarily mean bigger name players. What it should mean is the need to take less of a risk - in other words, fewer players who simply don't work out.

Edited by Cornish Steve

That's simply not true (yes, I took your bait! :) ). We have a team of scouts, and no team worth its salt would spend a fortune on a player based solely on a manager's say-so. There's a process, there's a filtering mechanism, there's a discussion, and there's a risk assessment. A team would be crazy not to have such a process in place. Niasse was a risk that could have turned out either way. When these things work out, the scouting team is brilliant; when it fails, the scouting team is crap. We only see the public side of things and the results, which, of course, everyone expects to be good. We'd have a completely different view of things if we saw what happens behind the scenes. Another factor was probably fan pressure to bring someone in. We almost made that mistake in the last window, but Spurs thankfully bailed us out.

With the new financial stability, I would expect to see this change. The availability of cash doesn't necessarily mean bigger name players. What it should mean is the need to take less of a risk - in other words, fewer players who simply don't work out.

Oh crockers, (crock of shit! again) if you can't blame fraudo with who came in (Niasse) totally, does he carrythe can completely for half inching Naismith?

Don't bother answering, clearly a div.

Martinez had total and utter say so and control over transfers. He was the one who said yay or nay Steve, he'll of been told by his scouts about Niasse but they wont have made the decision Martinez will.

Martinez had total and utter say so and control over transfers. He was the one who said yay or nay Steve, he'll of been told by his scouts about Niasse but they wont have made the decision Martinez will.

I read that our scouts actually tried to warn Martinez away from signing him. They advised him not to but he did anyway.

I heard it was our head scout that was so keen on signing him.

I seen somewhere when we was first linked with him a whole host of clubs was in for him, and no not league 1 / 2 clubs but top clubs. :rofl:

Either way you look at it Martinez is at fault for signing the transfer off just as much as the board would be, now thankfully all our transfers go through Walsh, we've learnt from our mistakes and we are rectifying them, just don't understand this constant living in the past blaming Martinez for everything, get over it, its gone, Koeman is here now. As bad as kopites with their five times shout.