IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

Wasn't Niasse in trouble for hitting his wife. That's disgusting.

There's absolutely no excuse for this; however, it's important to remember that moral codes in other countries are not like ours. We tend to view players as part of our culture, and many are not. They will often do things, without batting an eyelid, that shock us. I've seen this happen more than once.

Forget culture, I'm not bothered if another culture think ok to hit women or not. It's just not ok, full stop, no excuses.

Want to hit someone go to a gym and get in the ring, don't hit a woman.

If Pienaar did the same then the same for him.

we should have binned Pienaar and sued him for breach of contract - the NFL completely wipe the floor with players on such matters.

There's absolutely no excuse for this; however, it's important to remember that moral codes in other countries are not like ours. We tend to view players as part of our culture, and many are not. They will often do things, without batting an eyelid, that shock us. I've seen this happen more than once.

You follow the laws of the country you're in - simple. If I visited a country where drinking alcohol was illegal I would respect that, I wouldn't go there in the first place but that's a side issue!

Forget culture, I'm not bothered if another culture think ok to hit women or not. It's just not ok, full stop, no excuses.

Want to hit someone go to a gym and get in the ring, don't hit a woman.

If Pienaar did the same then the same for him.

I began my post by saying "there's absolutely no excuse for this." Let me point out, though, that Americans seeing a British parent smack their child is equally disgusted. National cultures are unique, so let's not be surprised when we see someone from another culture behaving in a way we would not.

I have a wife, a mother and a sister, 2 female cousins. If any bloke hit them I would want them castrated with pair of hair straighteners.

Having had to deal with the victims of domestic violence, male and female I can tell you it is an abhorrent crime.

If anyone laid a finger on my wife I would kill them with my bare hands by punching them to death.

I genuinely mean that as well.

I began my post by saying "there's absolutely no excuse for this." Let me point out, though, that Americans seeing a British parent smack their child is equally disgusted. National cultures are unique, so let's not be surprised when we see someone from another culture behaving in a way we would not.

In many cultures even women think it's acceptable for their husbands to beat them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence#/media/File:A_comparison_of_acceptance_of_domestic_violence_in_select_Arab_and_Muslim_majority_countries,_UNICEF_2013.png

Read a few Hull forums last night.

It's a good move for him, he doesn't seem to generate the hate he does here. The only criticism they seemed to have Saturday was his defending for the second goal... and that was a split. Apparently he had one of their best efforts on goal with a smart turn and shot.

Looked for highlights of him on the match but couldn't find them.

Read a few Hull forums last night.

It's a good move for him, he doesn't seem to generate the hate he does here. The only criticism they seemed to have Saturday was his defending for the second goal... and that was a split. Apparently he had one of their best efforts on goal with a smart turn and shot.

Looked for highlights of him on the match but couldn't find them.

That turn and shot was great but his effort before that hit the moon.