IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

This can be the only explanation. I would understand it more if he was played as a wing back when we play with 5 at the back but its more of a surprise in a 4 where defending is required. It also confuses me even more when DCL was picked at RWB and Davies ahead of Martina. None of it makes sense.

Yeah I know. But teams do play 4 at the back most of the time with the full backs utilised as attacking players and a DCM dropping in. Morgan tends to be our man for that.

Koeman does like to play with things a bit too much for my liking. He did admit that the DCL thing was because he thought he'd get more space down that side, but it was a wrong decision.

I'd say that the Davies thing was just another experiment. Like I said, personally I'm not overly keen on these things.

Yeah I know. But teams do play 4 at the back most of the time with the full backs utilised as attacking players and a DCM dropping in. Morgan tends to be our man for that.

Koeman does like to play with things a bit too much for my liking. He did admit that the DCL thing was because he thought he'd get more space down that side, but it was a wrong decision.

I'd say that the Davies thing was just another experiment. Like I said, personally I'm not overly keen on these things.

Yeh I get that its all an experiment but if Koeman brought him in for his attacking qualities then you would expect him to play in the games where the team is set up to maximise that attacking threat.

The fact that he has brought Martina in and played him in the games he has suggests to me that he has brought him in for defensive reasons as well as attacking. He must just prefer him as a RB over Holgate / Kenny.

He gets the chance to prove himself everyday in training. If on the training pitch Holgate and Martina look better than him he shouldn't be starting ahead of them. If he can show Koeman in training he is better I'm sure he would be starting.

Then we must send him on loan, he is only 20 and needs to be playing competitive matches to develop.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was a weird sub to bring him on though. Was Martina injured?

the whole first half it seemed the strategy was to attack that right flank with martina throwing crosses in.  It was effective even though we didn't score.  We stopped in the second half and maybe he knew that was the weakness to exploit so he threw kenny on to get it going again?  that's all i got.

• 1 month later...

This lad is clearly not ready to start regularly for a top flight team. It's really not his fault. He could have a decent future in front of him but he's now playing in a pressure filled environment and he shouldn't be.

We should have bought a good right back in the summer and Kenny should be out on loan. It's just another example of our dreadful recruitment this summer.

Thought he was excellent on Sunday, put some good hard tackles in at the start of the game on Richarlison, who was Watfords danger man, and a few decent crosses, really pleased for him after the swinging foot last weekend that went in for Leicester, he could have let his head drop but clearly hasn't. Probably the MOM in the first half.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Apart from Sandro and maybe Vlasic they’ve all had a run of games and still don’t seem to be improving

But not all in the right positions.

I might be wrong but, from what I remember, the team kept chopping and changing. If not the players, then the positions.

My point is that you can only really give a player a fair judgement once he has played in his rightful position for several consecutive games.