IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

It’s like with lookman, we know he’s not going to get a chance here, if foreign teams want him and his stock is high sell while we can. We’re going to lose 10m plus this years wages on lookman, let’s not make the mistake with Kenny.  

Kenny has never taken the chance to really shine when he has played.  A lower league like Germany could suit him.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

It’s like with lookman, we know he’s not going to get a chance here, if foreign teams want him and his stock is high sell while we can. We’re going to lose 10m plus this years wages on lookman, let’s not make the mistake with Kenny.  

Kenny has never taken the chance to really shine when he has played.  A lower league like Germany could suit him.

Thought he proved to be quite a decent back up when he’s stood in. Didn’t set the world alight but wasn’t bad by any means, and he was never going to. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I can’t remember him disgracing himself when he’s been asked to cover for Coleman, in-fact from memory his crosses into the box were far superior to Coleman’s. 

Defensively he’s a little less than Coleman (who is by no means a stud defender) and offensively he offers nothing other than a decent cross every once in a while.  Average would be the word if use to describe him.

Talks are ongoing between Everton and Schalke over the loan signing of Jonjoe Kenny, according to Sky sources in Germany. 

Last week we reported that Schalke were leading a clutch of clubs who want Kenny, along with Burnley and Crystal Palace.

Schalke will make a decision in the next three to five days once they see if they can offload some players to raise funds for his addition.

The deal would be on loan with an option to buy. 

If true the option to buy says it all.  If true it could also mean we are going to invest in a RB that can challenge seamus because we will need one now.

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how he performs playing every week. Good luck to him, I think there’s a player there myself. 

Yeah i do as well, silly having to go and spend money on a player who will only do the same job as jonjoe, and play second fiddle to Coleman. !!   Daft I say.

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah i do as well, silly having to go and spend money on a player who will only do the same job as jonjoe, and play second fiddle to Coleman. !!   Daft I say.

Assume we'll keep Martina another year as back up. 

Personally would have preferred Kenny given the nod this year and Coleman be the back up. 

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Assume we'll keep Martina another year as back up. 

Personally would have preferred Kenny given the nod this year and Coleman be the back up. 

Holgate is the backup. Good enough should the need arise. Can't see us buying a backup right back, terrible investment. 

16 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Am I the only one who shudders at that suggestion of Martina being backup for a year?

His first few games gave him an awful reputation, myself included was calling him a clown, but under Alladyce he done perfectly fine for a back up. Only error he had from that point was the Salah slip which I think people were too harsh on him for, other than that he kept him at bay all game. 

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Am I the only one who shudders at that suggestion of Martina being backup for a year?

I thought he was out of contract now and he was going back to the Netherlands, I hope so, he is a long way off the quality of player we need if we're going to break into the top 6. Holgate being able to play RB and RCB seems a good option as back up, and with game time he will improve.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

I thought he was out of contract now and he was going back to the Netherlands, I hope so, he is a long way off the quality of player we need if we're going to break into the top 6. Holgate being able to play RB and RCB seems a good option as back up, and with game time he will improve.

I’d rather Holgate too, but as emergency backup Martina was fine and nowhere near as bad as people made out. Got more stick because he was free and a Koeman choice than anything else 

It's sensible player management from the club. Holgate did OK by all accounts at West Brom, he will get playing time as back up RB/CB so a chance for him to test himself at Prem level again. But no point having him and Kenny as back up, so now it's JonJo's turn to see what he can do at a big club in a big league. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

I’d rather Holgate too, but as emergency backup Martina was fine and nowhere near as bad as people made out. Got more stick because he was free and a Koeman choice than anything else 

Same here. The guy got some real strange stick, al OST like a shepherd mentioned it and the sheep cake running. He was just a average full back, ok for cover.

I would like better, but would t be too upset with him.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Same here. The guy got some real strange stick, al OST like a shepherd mentioned it and the sheep cake running. He was just a average full back, ok for cover.

I would like better, but would t be too upset with him.

But let's not forget he was asked to play on the left when he was a right full back, I have nothing but respect for him that he was prepared to look like a fish out of water for the team, yet got awful shit for giving it a good go when there was not a lot of choice.

19 hours ago, pete0 said:

His first few games gave him an awful reputation, myself included was calling him a clown, but under Alladyce he done perfectly fine for a back up. Only error he had from that point was the Salah slip which I think people were too harsh on him for, other than that he kept him at bay all game. 

Exactly Salah has done that to a lot of left backs and remember he's a RB, also from memory Gana didn't cover himself in glory if I'm thinking of the same incident.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Exactly Salah has done that to a lot of left backs and remember he's a RB, also from memory Gana didn't cover himself in glory if I'm thinking of the same incident.

I'd forgotten his part in it. Had Gana done his job and got into position rather than be sucked to the ball he'd have stopped that or at least made a hell of a lot more difficult. 

This is a perfect example of what I mean by not tackling and being in position is more important than being the yappy dog tackle stat King. If Gana positions himself he blocks the goal off, instead he rushes in and tries to tackle Salah and it cost us.