IGNORED

Djibril Sidibé

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A bit bizarre to sign a player to sit him on the bench when he went out on loan for game time. 

Im sure he knew he would be coming up against Coleman to take the skippers place off time, which was never going to be instant or easy.

3 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Can't blame him wanting out if it's true. Don't suppose he fancies a relegation fight when he thought he was joining a club with the potential for top 6.

If that is his attitude then I don't want him at the club anyway. If he's going to give up instantly then he can do one.

I do doubt these reports are true, probably made up by the same person who said that big Dunc had punched Boa Morte - it's easy to make up stories when things aren't quite going our way.

My take on it all though, is that we signed Sidibe on loan to compete with Coleman until we assess Kenny fully at Schalke. If he is good enough, he would eventually come back and take Colemans spot off him. Sidibe, I dont think, was ever intended to be signed on a permenant deal. For the record too, I believe Kenny is doing well in Germany.

I mean no disrespect but the rumour is Milan. Wow..In the 90s They were arguably the team to join. But they have had such a fall from grace that I would now put them in the average bucket.

They are no improvement on us currently!! I also mean that in no disrespect to us either

* I also dont think hes good enough RB starter for us from the limited action Ive seen of him *

Hed be no loss currently and an U21 player can do what hes done so far.

Timing seems a bit weird given he's about to get his first run of games. 

I'd be surprised if he steps up a level tbh, thought he looked out of his depth for us. Second choice and  £50+k a week be surprised if he he leaves but fair play if he's rather less money to get minutes. Rather Kenny started myself, or even Davies who for me could cover the standard RB job, personally not a fan of the wing back tactics. 

44 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Looked okay, but no better than Coleman on his day. We need someone who can whip a ball in from the right side like we can from the left.

I’m the same. Thought he did ok. But nothing better than Seamus. I think he surprised people because we all expected him to be a pile of crap, but he did ok, so we’re all thinking it was better than it was.

Just my thoughts though haha everyone has their own minds.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I’m the same. Thought he did ok. But nothing better than Seamus. I think he surprised people because we all expected him to be a pile of crap, but he did ok, so we’re all thinking it was better than it was.

Just my thoughts though haha everyone has their own minds.

It'll be interesting to see if Marco sticks with him for the next game of if the skipper comes back in.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Definitely activate the buyout clause, he’s a solid defender and nice in attack.  I like Seamus he can actually cross a ball.  I liked him at Monaco and think he will do well here

In his limited appearances I've liked him as well. I'd like to see what Kenny can do when he comes back though. As much as I love Coleman, he's just not the same player anymore.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Definitely activate the buyout clause, he’s a solid defender and nice in attack.  I like Seamus he can actually cross a ball.  I liked him at Monaco and think he will do well here

Getting better and better but I’d wait a bit longer as I’m not convinced he’s a top 6 RB. 

58 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Good point. I also don't see him as a top 6 RB now that you mention it.

He still needs time though. I’d just like wait another 10-15 games to make the decision but we should have a shortlist still of first team rb’s to improve us. At the moment he’s a slight improvement on Coleman in my opinion.

I want a rb to match Digne’s ability.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Look up not down. Transfer policy needs to improve and I see no point signing average players.

My comment was more tongue in cheek if anything, fella. Sidibé is looking good at the minute; although I have noticed he tends to like having an unnecessary extra touch or two of the ball before playing it. Maybe that's just a case of him not being used to the pace of the Premier League yet. Like you alluded to though, time will tell if he's good enough.