IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He does grow on you a bit with his say it as it is attitude even if he gets it wrong a lot of the time.

I wish our leaders stood up for us and the country with some of his no nonsense approach.

He's not standing up for the USA, only his own interests, and his no-nonsense approach is because his ego outweighs intelligence. 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

case in point the "NATO allies don't pay enough for defense, we are pulling out, they offer nothing"

one day goes by 

"i love the NATO allies, they spend plenty, we have some great friends in NATO"

he's literally psychotic.  he changes his opinions and positions with the wind.

Now he definitely has a point when he said not all the NATO countries contribute what they should in the agreement of NATO which is 2% GDP, you do we do but Germany who have bigger income to play with don't, how is that right no matter who says it.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

He does grow on you a bit with his say it as it is attitude even if he gets it wrong a lot of the time.

I wish our leaders stood up for us and the country with some of his no nonsense approach.

No he doesn't. He's a liar, philanderer, bully, narcissist, and all-round hypocrite who insults America's allies while cozying up to its enemies.

(And if you ask me nicely, I'll tell you how I really feel about him!)

Unfortunately it's looking more likely that you've got another six years of him, if he is thought so badly of why would get the chance of a second term surely he shouldn't get a vote never mind nail on favourite to win it, my thoughts are what does that say about the average American.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Unfortunately it's looking more likely that you've got another six years of him, if he is thought so badly of why would get the chance of a second term surely he shouldn't get a vote never mind nail on favourite to win it, my thoughts are what does that say about the average American.

What I have always said, they are dumb racist and white.  Come to middle America and go to a wall mart, enjoy the sights

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

What I have always said, they are dumb racist and white.  Come to middle America and go to a wall mart, enjoy the sights

I've only enjoyed the west coast and the people that I've met have been so chilled and friendly, California has got to be heaven on earth.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I've only enjoyed the west coast and the people that I've met have been so chilled and friendly, California has got to be heaven on earth.

depends where in cali,  central valley and north of sacramento is not at all like that.  they have a ballot to split it into 5 states they vote in the fall on it.  

i'm guessing you were in the bay area (san fran, oakland, san jose) or los angeles.

12 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

He's not standing up for the USA, only his own interests, and his no-nonsense approach is because his ego outweighs intelligence. 

Yeh completely, its not like anything he says really makes sense or is consistent but it just hots nerves with people. In your country and for your voters I am not sure it will ever really be a good thing but when he comes over here, slags this and that off, it puts the politicians under pressure as its headline news, which I beleive is something we need at the moment to stop certain people trying to sweep things under the carpet.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh completely, its not like anything he says really makes sense or is consistent but it just hots nerves with people. In your country and for your voters I am not sure it will ever really be a good thing but when he comes over here, slags this and that off, it puts the politicians under pressure as its headline news, which I beleive is something we need at the moment to stop certain people trying to sweep things under the carpet.

Strategy wise it makes perfect sense unfortunately

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That's right that's why I said he starts grow on you even though he's wrong or ill in formed.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

depends where in cali,  central valley and north of sacramento is not at all like that.  they have a ballot to split it into 5 states they vote in the fall on it.  

i'm guessing you were in the bay area (san fran, oakland, san jose) or los angeles.

I was, why so different further south I'm guessing it's a north and south money divide.

37 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

There's a lot of outrage at the Trump-Putin summit on both sides, and rightly so. Hopefully this sparks something over here. 

Trump made himself and the USA look like pushovers and fools (and we are for voting that clown in). 

Putin has never been happier. 

So this is where Americans finally draw the line.

2 hours ago, holystove said:

So this is where Americans finally draw the line.

nope,  because i went to fox news and their headlines read it's only the dems and the mueller "witch hunt" condemning trump, they phrase it as " both leaders tout meeting as a success" as if they don't despise russia (they do very much so).  

nothing will happen.  the mueller indictment will be the only thing that could possibly sway those people.

56 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

nope,  because i went to fox news and their headlines read it's only the dems and the mueller "witch hunt" condemning trump, they phrase it as " both leaders tout meeting as a success" as if they don't despise russia (they do very much so).  

nothing will happen.  the mueller indictment will be the only thing that could possibly sway those people.

There was someone on Fox that was calling him a disgrace, so the tide maybe turning a little 

... and his most ardent supporters will believe him, no matter how much he contradicts himself.

The most cringe-worthy part of the summit was how he kept asking about Hillary's servers when asked about election meddling. He immediately deflected and went on a rant about them. It's so ridiculous that two years later he's talking about that rather than answering the question about Russian meddling.