IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday March 19

markjazzbassist

It's like Martinez feels that we have a chance in the cup but nothing to gain or lose in the league, trains them with that mentality and the resultant is that type of a showing. Obviously oblivious to the financial implications of dropping league places, and can't think that Moshiri will be too happy with the Jekyll and Hyde mentality.

May be absolutely doing Roberto a disservice there though, and perhaps its down to the players (or some of them at least - Lennon, Lukaku have both tried hard)

Well that is a half that confirms why Martinez needs to fuck off. When you saw how we played against Chelsea, why should fans put up with this shit? You can't pick and choose when to get up for a game, it has to be the minimum expected, week in, week out. It's like we think we can win games in second gear. Just. Fuck. Off.

Players need to take some of the responsibility. Martinez has played nearly the same team and this is how they repay him! I think most on the forum would have had a similar if not same starting 11. Edited by barryj

Players need to take some of the responsibility. Martine has played nearly the same team and this is how they repay him! I think most on the forum would have had a similar if not same starting 11.

At least someone can see that.

But obviously Martinez has instructed them to only put in 50% ;-)

Let's see how we start the second half.

I actually thought we started quite fast but then got hit by a decent move

..shit defending. Since then we have been lethargic.

Besic and Funes Mori have been caught out too often today.

Arsenal have come from a thrashing by Barcelona, all we had to do is keep it tight at the back and they'd start to get nervous.

But we have been ridiculously open. Martinez takes far too many risks, I'm done with him. I was done with Martinez after last season.

I'm sorry but Martinez has done nothing wrong today... It is not his fault that his strongest possible side has came onto the pitch and offered absolutely nothing.

My biggest gripe is the difference between this first half and the battle against Chelsea last week.

The players need to stand up for that. It's they who are continously giving the ball away and not working hard enough to win it back.

My thoughts for the final 10 league games is that every game is a cup final. We have to be that up for it.

(Feel sorry for those half time performers!!!)

This is desperate, but we have nothing to lose. Change it to:

Robles

Stones Jagielka Funes Mori

Cleverley (or McCarthy)

Coleman Baines

Deulofeu Barkley Lennon

Lukaku

Press high with 4-6 going forward, Cleverley/McCarthy staying back. Barkley and Lennon constantly in the box with Lukaku when Deulofeu has the ball. Get it to Deulofeu over and over and over. Our "regulars" can't pass today anyway, so totally change the approach. Totally, for this half. Coleman and Baines should be totally exhausted by end of match. If Lennon is ineffective on left or in box, Kone.

As I said, desperate.

Players need to take some of the responsibility. Martine has played nearly the same team and this is how they repay him! I think most on the forum would have had a similar if not same starting 11.

But they have been utterly flat. That is down to preparation and motivation.

At least someone can see that.

But obviously Martinez has instructed them to only put in 50% ;-)

Let's see how we start the second half.

I actually thought we started quite fast but then got hit by a decent move

..shit defending. Since then we have been lethargic.

That's not the point. As I said above, 100% effort and the right mentality should be a given, but you have to prepare for it. If it is not there, the manager is doing something wrong. Mentality is a crucial part of preparation in professional sport.