IGNORED

It's A Fact

Here is mine:

While playing for Santos in the Brazilian 2002 championship. Robinho provoked an opponent into giving away a penalty by performing five successive stepovers. The player was booked, but a bemused Robinho received a yellow card too - the humiliation was adjudged to be "incitement".

Please feel free to add your own fact about anything football related.

me hungry:

Fernando d'Ercoli playing for Pianta against Arpax in Italy 1989. When he was given the red card by the referee, he got so mad that he snatched the red card from his hand and ate it all! Another display of temper came from Mike Bagley of Bristol in 1984. When the referee booked him for swearing, he took the ref's notebook, ripped out the page with his name on, and ate that!

:o :

Ricky Goddard of North Warnborough. By 1992, he had been suspended for five out of his nine years as a footballer. On one occasion, he was banned for six months when he sneaked into the ref's changing-room at half time and urinated over all his clothes.

Everton have held the Championship longer than any other football league club.

Won the title before the outbreak of both world wars......season 1914/15, and 1938/39 and where champions until the football league resumed after the wars.

Everton remained as champions for a combined total of 11 years. Thats a fact.

Everton have held the Championship longer than any other football league club.

Won the title before the outbreak of both world wars......season  1914/15, and 1938/39 and where champions until  the football league resumed after the wars.

Everton remained as champions for a combined total of 11 years. Thats a fact.

44370[/snapback]

nice fact :P

I think we were hoping for something a little more highbrow, Forum for the thinking Evertonian........

Everton have the smallest goals in the Premiership!!

Explains a lot.

ATB

Mac

44359[/snapback]

Not doubting you FACT, but I would have thought that goals had to be a regulation size, or is there a minimum :huh:

Most no doubt will know em already but heres a couple

# Everton currently hold the record of the most number of appearances in the top flight of the English League - 103 years to the 2005/2006 season

# Everton have not been relegated in 52 years. This is the second longest period, after Arsenal who have spent 77 years without relegation. Everton have only been relegated twice since the league's construction, and have only spent four seasons out of the top division. No other English team can claim a similar record.

#one of the cast of Z Cars was an Everton fan who brought along other members of the cast to watch the game. The story goes that the players ran out to the Z Cars theme in their honour, and the tune has stuck ever since, apart from a brief, thoroughly unpopular period in the mid 1990s.

Edited by Bluetrip

Everton FC were founded in 1878, under the name of St Domingo's FC, a Sunday School Football team for St Domingo's Church in the district of Everton. The team was initially set up as something for the children to do during the winter, when there was no cricket. A year later, in 1879, because there were so many people outside St Domingo's who wanted to join the team, the name was changed to Everton FC, a name it still retains. Everton's first official game was against a team called St Peter's, played at the local Stanley Park on December 20, 1879. Everton won 6-0.

Prior to the League's formation, the team had played in the FA Cup a number of times, failing to win it. However, Everton finally won the competition in 1906, beating Newcastle in the final.

Everton moved to a park on Priory Road in 1882, but two years later moved to Anfield. In 1885 Everton became a professional side and, three years later, became one of the 12 founder members of the English football league; their first league match was against Accrington FC, which Everton won 2-1. By 1891, Everton had won their first title and to date have notched up nine titles.

Not doubting you FACT, but I would have thought that goals had to be a regulation size, or is there a minimum  :huh:

44436[/snapback]

There is a rule that states the goal posts and crossbar must be a certain size between a min and max.

ATB

Mac

Not sure on Goals, but I do not hat field dimensions have to be within...

Length:

between 90 meters and 120 meters long. This comes to about 100-130 yards.

Width:

between 45 and 90 meters wide, or roughly 50-100 yards.

For international matches, FIFA is more specific. So in essence the ideal pitch has the following dimensions:

100-110m long x 64-75m wide

2 be honest was only aware as last Amateur club I was involved with a heated debate raged between diff party's i.e pitch diomensions.

The younger, fitter more expansive types wanted the pitch laid out @ the max dimension, whilst the more cultured, aged types wanted the pitch @ the min dimensions for obv reasons....less running, short passing game.

P.s Late edit...Our earlier or earliest nickname was " The Black Watch" .

Not sure on Goals, but I do not hat field dimensions have to be within...

Length:

between 90 meters and 120 meters long. This comes to about 100-130 yards.

Width:

between 45 and 90 meters wide, or roughly 50-100 yards.

So it follows that the pitch could legally be a 90 by 90 metre square?!?!

Edited by mikeo

So it follows that the pitch could legally be a 90 by 90 metre square?!?!

46905[/snapback]

No, although the variances in size would suggest that, the regulationsdo state that the pitch cannot be square.

Mind you I am dredging this up from a referees course I did in the mid '60's!! :)

No, although the variances in size would suggest that, the regulationsdo state that the pitch cannot be square.

Mind you I am dredging this up from a referees course I did in the mid '60's!! :)

46927[/snapback]

...but it could be a virtual square..ie 89x91?