• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

If that is the case then you should be happy because it shows he's not as arrogant as you thought he was. If he was then there is no chance he'd give a shit and backtrack. So smile, Haf!

I would be far happier if he didn't give me cause for concern in having such poor judgement to do it in the first place.

It won't be the last of it, I'm pretty sure there will be far more "Koemanisms" that we will be debating on this thread. Most managers are arrogant - not all of them are stupid.

It remains to be seen how we progress with this manager. I was as happy as Larry to start with - but I get the feeling that he doesn't really want to be here. He's like one of my mates who is working in Lincoln - doesn't like the job, the place, he lives in a hotel too but it pays really well so he sucks it up. He does his hours and that's it - he can't wait for the next job.

Edited by Hafnia

Music to my ears at last... thought he'd missed that kinda important part of the pressing game starting from the front.

Tbf, it won't make much of a difference if he runs around like a fly on helium if the other players behind him aren't pressing, which they're not. Oh you get the odd time when Barkley, Cleverley or whoever will do it but it's not something that's done a great deal. The whole team has to do it or it's just not effective.

Not good Ron, lose next week and for me you can pack your suitcase.

It's not early days anymore unless your talking about his three year contract, but this season is ticking on and we aren't looking like we could win another game, at this rate we could find ourselves in the bottom four after Christmas, and if Koeman is still manager in a relegation battle we'd be gone.

I predict he will be next manager to go in the Premier league.

It's not early days anymore unless your talking about his three year contract, but this season is ticking on and we aren't looking like we could win another game, at this rate we could find ourselves in the bottom four after Christmas, and if Koeman is still manager in a relegation battle we'd be gone.

Granted it was a shite performance today , particularly in the first half , but to be calling for the managers head after 12 games is absolutely ridiculous

Don't be utterly ridiculous.

That's fair enough Pad I can understand you might find it ridiculous, but could please give your views of the months a head, and where we will find ourselves early January.

Who knows what the future may bring but could you imagine the message it would send out to any potential new managers if we did sack Koeman after 12 games when he has us in 7th place?

In our last seven games we have amassed six points, we have eight games coming up in the next six weeks which will take us to January 2nd, in those games I can see only one win against Hull and two or three draws.

We have been in free fall since losing to Norwich, and koeman is struggling to turn it around in fact I believe he is adding to it, with his team selections, systems and uncalled for comments, it won't be too long before he starts losing the dressing room when you look at how some players are performing who are much better than there showing could be a sign that there not happy with him already.

At the moment people are saying it's not his team, or he's been left with a poor squad by Martinez, but don't worry he's got 100M to spend in the January transfer window and everything will be alright, I really struggle with that, we could be seriously in the shit by January.

If after the next four or five games things are looking any better he has to go to give some one else long enough to turn it round.

In our last seven games we have amassed six points, we have eight games coming up in the next six weeks which will take us to January 2nd, in those games I can see only one win against Hull and two or three draws.

We have been in free fall since losing to Norwich, and koeman is struggling to turn it around in fact I believe he is adding to it, with his team selections, systems and uncalled for comments, it won't be too long before he starts losing the dressing room when you look at how some players are performing who are much better than there showing could be a sign that there not happy with him already.

At the moment people are saying it's not his team, or he's been left with a poor squad by Martinez, but don't worry he's got 100M to spend in the January transfer window and everything will be alright, I really struggle with that, we could be seriously in the shit by January.

If after the next four or five games things are looking any better he has to go to give some one else long enough to turn it round.

Giving him 16 games is no less ridiculous than giving him 12 games to turn this mess around

Dunc your missing the point the next game seems to be worse than the last game based on the last eight games, I know let's give him 32 games and start thinking what it might be like to play in the championship.

So what would you suggest ,hire a new manager every 3 months?

He needs to be given a chance and 12 games isn't even close to being enough time to turn this around

Koeman has concentrated on solving our primary problem last season and that was conceding goals left right and centre. With the Chelsea debacle aside he has looked to be getting there and our defensive record is comparable to other teams in the top half.

Whilst there is still work to be done on the defence it is now clear we have a desperate need for some more attacking flair, so his priority now must be to bring in at least another striker and a skilful creative midfielder.

The results haven't changed that much though if we compare them to last season.

Current form suggests that were dropping down the table and beginning to average out.

The 5 goals conceded at chelsea are still part of our seasons story. A friend of mine always says "roms record hasn't been that good this season, because he got a Hattrick in one match", this to me sounds like the same excuse you're making for the Chelsea game. Our defence hasn't improved from last season in the big picture. We'd conceded 16 goals by the end of November last season, we've conceded 16 goals so far this season. At least this time last season we hadn't had to face the emarrasment of conceding 5 goals in one game!

In the past 7 or 8 games we've rescued a point against Swansea, been annihilated by Chelsea, been tactically outplayed by Burnley, drawn against relegation battlers palace and lost against an average Bournemouth side. And that's not mentioning the defeat against championship side Norwich in the cup.

Okay I get it we pinched a point (luckily enough) against City and beat West Ham, but whether or not Koeman is still getting in tune with the squad and finding the right style, this still is nowhere near good enough.

Yep like most will sit here and try to convince me "we're laying the foundations" and to be patient, but the 11th highest paid manager in the world should at least be showing some more potential then a mid table finish regardless of it being his first season in the job.

Koeman needs to progress the team, stop relying on Lukaku for goals and sign some players who aren't over fucking 30, second choice keepers, West ham rejects or incoherent Crystal Palace mediocrity.

Stop publicly blaming Ross Barkley for inconsistency when you reek of it yourself and stop publicly selling the clubs ambitions short by telling everyone Lukaku is too big for Everton! Controversial comments, shite results and our biggest move in the transfer market was letting our best defender leave! And people brand Koeman as a future Barcelona manager? What planet are they on! Get back down to earth, knuckle down, stop fucking about in the media and prove your worth, stop being a pretentious arrogant prick until you get the results!

Edited by AidanLewis

I'm going to take a leaf out of Matt and Shukes' book and go soppy :P - we're not that type of club to just go sacking a manager nilly fucking willy. Which this would be. Thankfully Moshiri will be smarter than some others and give the manager a chance, not just one transfer window where we actually failed to bring in all the players Koeman wanted. How does anyone expect the manager to make massive amounts of progress when he didn't get the players he thought would improve us so is left with pretty much the same squad that was absolutely shite for 2 years?!

If after another 2 or 3 transfer windows of bringing his players in, and instilling his ideas into the squad, we're still serving up shite then I'll be right there with you Palfy saying we need a change of manager. But right now? Madness.

Edit - yesterday's game, and many others this season, have highlighted that we were kidding ourselves when we said we only needed to make slight changes to this squad. A major overhaul with most of these players being replaced is what's needed. That isn't going to happen in one transfer window.

Edited by Romey 1878

Koeman came in and knew his first goal was to settle the defence. Bar 3 games so far (Burnley, Chelsea and Norwich), we've not conceded more than 1 goal - that's 9 games or 75% of games we've played. I know the last 2 games we've looked a shambles at the back, but I assume this was over-confidence in earlier displays. In order to get this change in place, he's clearly reduced the training schedules on attack which I assume is the reason we've seen such impotence going forward too.

We can't put it down to Koeman soley though. Certain players are massively under-performing but, with a new system and discipline in place, it will take time to get this change of mindset.

As Romey says too, this was never going to be resolved over 1 window. I wasn't convinced with his appointment, and haven't seen much to be converted. Yet, but even I know it's going to take at least another 2 transfer windows for Koeman to get the right players in, and in a recent interview he was talking about "in 3 seasons time, the plan is....", so there's a plan and we just have to be patient, as painful as it may be to watch...

I'm going to take a leaf out of Matt and Shukes' book and go soppy :P - we're not that type of club to just go sacking a manager nilly fucking willy. Which this would be. Thankfully Moshiri will be smarter than some others and give the manager a chance, not just one transfer window where we actually failed to bring in all the players Koeman wanted. How does anyone expect the manager to make massive amounts of progress when he didn't get the players he thought would improve us so is left with pretty much the same squad that was absolutely shite for 2 years?!

If after another 2 or 3 transfer windows of bringing his players in, and instilling his ideas into the squad, we're still serving up shite then I'll be right there with you Palfy saying we need a change of manager. But right now? Madness.

Edit - yesterday's game, and many others this season, have highlighted that we were kidding ourselves when we said we only needed to make slight changes to this squad. A major overhaul with most of these players being replaced is what's needed. That isn't going to happen in one transfer window.

This 100%

I agree with the last two posts, you have to give a new manager time to form his own squad. Having said that he did have a window and he brought in Williams, Valencia, Bolassie, and Gana, four players with only Gana giving us any improvement on the squad we had.

I'm not one to go to Curry's and buy a 40 inch TV if I already have one, next time I go shopping it will have to be for a 48 inch.

Bolassie, and Valencia have been no improvement to Mirallas, Lennon, and Geri, Mori was doing fine before Williams came in, and bearing in mind we haven't kept a clean sheet in the last nine games there seems to be no improvement there either.

Far better players must be brought in, in the next two windows.

Bill,Matt,Rom,1982,Shukes and Dunc we have enough decent lads in our squad to make a game of it against most teams in this league, but the fact is we aren't we can't hide from that, we're not going to wake up and its all been a bad dream that we lost Burnley and Bournemouth and drew with Palace and Swansea.

I genuinely believe the manager is making really bad decisions which makes me feel he is not the right man for the job, and in the next transfer window I haven't got the confidence he will buy wisely and bring in better than we've got, anyway only time will tell let's see where we are in February/March, and I truly hope I'm wrong and your all proven right.

And finally going back to the squad, all of you could pick a team with the players at his disposal and get far better results.