• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

He should be serving up more than he has to justify his wages and arrogance.

Cheeky bastard either thought we were too small for him or still does.... started ever so promising but tge wheels have started to come off and there appears to be a lack of belief.

Wholesale changes needed. He needs to be pulled in and told to sort it. Not good enough.

Yes it's early days but I'm not seeing much difference centre in how we play. The attitude is still not Sharp enough. Zero tempo... poor.

Edited by Hafnia

From City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Spurs, who should be lower than us in the table?

I heard this question asked to an Evertonian on the radio yesterday. I'd like to hear some thoughts on here.

For me, them six teams have better players than us. I can't complain about 7th at the moment, I'm happy we are more solid than last season but disappointed we don't attack as well. I'm also realistic enough to know we can't have both just yet.

It's not a question of who's above us and who's not I fail to see what that has to do with the way we are playing.

First five games of the season we managed thirteen points, last seven games we have managed six points, we have gone from being a good prospect of top six finish to a good prospect for a bottom six finish.

Another way to look at it is we are eight points off the top not a lot I hear you say, and then we are only nine points from a relegation spot, our current form suggests that we are probably the worst team over the last seven games, it also suggests we have no chance of making up the points difference to challenge for the top, but we have a better than average chance of making the bottom three.

These are the reasons why I don't care about who's above or below.

He'd had 12 games and we're 7th. Hardly in the bottom 3 is it.

But we had a generous schedule this season, playing the lower teams early and the top teams later. The next few weeks will reveal where we really stand. Based on current form, I fear we'll be around the 13th to 14th mark halfway through the season - although I hope I'm wrong.

The single thing that disappoints me the most is the obvious shift from building a lasting legacy through young talent to doing better in the short term by recruiting older experienced players. For me, now is the time to give some of the younger players a chance - and that includes Robles, Davies, and Holgate. Instead, we appear to be doubling down on the new geriatric strategy, even with rumours of Rooney joining the team. This does not bode well for the future.

Just got back from watching the match, been a while since I've watched them and felt so fuc%ing nervous as I did Saturday, surrounded by hundreds just as nervous and frustrated.Before the match I bought an Everton stress ball (squidgy ball for stress relief) for an Evertonian girl in the office......to be honest how I resisted using it during the match I'll never know.I was sitting not far behind Koeman, have to admit I really wanted to throw it at the back of his head, just to try and get him animated.Please show some passion........and then , get the players to show some passion, it's one of your jobs old boy!!

The taxi driver up to the ground was a 'Swansea' fan (couldn't believe it to be honest) had a very good knowledge of the game, thought they (Swansea) would get thrashed.

This is going to be painful, I don't know how much harm Martinez did, but it's going to take time.The players need to get the crowd on their side.

What worries me is that since the first day, Koeman's demeanour and discourse has felt like a man at the end of his tenure, rather than at the beginning of one.

Even ignoring the fact that he is Dutch (renowned for being awkward), and his outspokeness, he has never felt to me like a man that wants to be here or is enjoying himself. I've no idea if he was like that at Soton, but he just seem like he is going through the motions. Maybe he feels like he has made an mistake in coming to the club, or there's something else going on - but what I see is a team that doesn't want to play for a bloke that doesn't want to be here.

From City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Spurs, who should be lower than us in the table?

I heard this question asked to an Evertonian on the radio yesterday. I'd like to hear some thoughts on here.

For me, them six teams have better players than us. I can't complain about 7th at the moment, I'm happy we are more solid than last season but disappointed we don't attack as well. I'm also realistic enough to know we can't have both just yet.

Spot on this.

What worries me is that since the first day, Koeman's demeanour and discourse has felt like a man at the end of his tenure, rather than at the beginning of one.

Even ignoring the fact that he is Dutch (renowned for being awkward), and his outspokeness, he has never felt to me like a man that wants to be here or is enjoying himself. I've no idea if he was like that at Soton, but he just seem like he is going through the motions. Maybe he feels like he has made an mistake in coming to the club, or there's something else going on - but what I see is a team that doesn't want to play for a bloke that doesn't want to be here.

This is also a worry for me.

The problem is we play Soton, United, Watford, Arsenal and Liverpool in our next 5 games. 3 of them are at home but Southampton are rock solid at the back without scoring too many and Watford are playing really well too.

United are probably the easiest game as I don't see us getting close to Arsenal or Liverpool. I could see us picking between 3 and 7 points across those games leaving us well in the bottom half of the table. We were certainly flattered at the start of the year with the schedule we had.

In general terms I am not really sure what Koeman is trying to achieve. I thought he wanted aggressive & hard working wingers/inside forwards but then he picks Lennon. I thought he wanted a tough combative central midfield and then he picks Cleverly.

We have seen Mori playing left back, a mix and match at the back, and Enner facking Valencia.

We will get better and I am still confident that he will be successful here but he is certainly testing my patience!

I think he does want more combative midfielders and more pressing from the front. I don't think we have players willing to do that.

From the players we had before he arrived, Besic will press and be combative, but probably can't compete in the air. I know Gana can't either but I think one of them needs to be able to. Lennon will press and run all day for you, but lacks real quality.

Southampton really improved under him when he had Mane and Tasic chasing people, Wanayama pressing the midfield. He just doesn't have that here.

Bolasie waa closing people when he first arrived, but not so much now. He has probably seen team mates not doing it and started to slow down himself.

January might give us a boost, but next summer is a huge one for us and Koeman. He might need to bring in six or seven players to get them playing how he wants, is expect us to loose a bit of form if that happens while they get used to each other.

It took Martinez about ten months to shake off Moyes sold defence, it might take Koeman the same sort of time to rebuild Martinez shell of a team.

It's good to be a pessamistic arse piece sometimes. That way you don't get as deflated when the inevitable happens ;)

I tried it for a while in general, ended up annoying myself.

Anyway, being a project manager myself, I understand the challenges of putting new things in place and the thing I've learnt is that patience from the "customer" side (in this case us) and communication from the service provider (Everton) are the too most important things to ensure things go well. But, as soon as one of these 2 things goes off kilter, the other side tends to get pissed off. Considering Koemans comments of late, I've no doubt that this has had a massive impact on our patience but, in order for the project and transformation to work, we need to be the "better/bigger person" and it'll come good

I think the key to it is to remove yourself as an 'Everton fan' and look at the situation from an outside point of view. We are shit! we have been shit for 2 years, with basically 3/4 good players that have stopped us from falling further than what we could have. We are miles away from the teams above us in terms of quality and the only thing that seperates us from the teams below us is the 3/4 quality players that we have. Martinez didnt just change the way we train and play, he changed our mentality which is the issue and a dangerous one too, the players all seem to have a negative attitude and seem used to losing or nicking a draw.

The fault is not with Koeman, we are lucky to have him, the problem is with what Martinez has left us with. Things are changing but it wont happen over night. Imo we have the right people in place with Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri, We need to give it time. Koemans options are limited in regards to team selection so January is massivley important. We have money and he has stated he expects to do business and there looks a few decent players available in January too that could improve our team (Schneiderlin for one).

I think he does want more combative midfielders and more pressing from the front. I don't think we have players willing to do that.

From the players we had before he arrived, Besic will press and be combative, but probably can't compete in the air. I know Gana can't either but I think one of them needs to be able to. Lennon will press and run all day for you, but lacks real quality.

Southampton really improved under him when he had Mane and Tasic chasing people, Wanayama pressing the midfield. He just doesn't have that here.

Bolasie waa closing people when he first arrived, but not so much now. He has probably seen team mates not doing it and started to slow down himself.

January might give us a boost, but next summer is a huge one for us and Koeman. He might need to bring in six or seven players to get them playing how he wants, is expect us to loose a bit of form if that happens while they get used to each other.

It took Martinez about ten months to shake off Moyes sold defence, it might take Koeman the same sort of time to rebuild Martinez shell of a team.

Players will press if the manager tells them to, especially if the result of not pressing is sitting on the bench or in the stands. Gone are the days of players like Yakubu who only run when they get inside the 18 yard box. You basically just said it with Bolasie. A player who does press, who is aggressive, has all but stopped that side of his game. He is still direct on the ball, but his work rate has dropped. Thats what concerns me the most. He should have been the leading example for the other wingers. Both Gerry and Mirallas started pre-season working their nuts off but now they are sitting on the bench and Lennon, who is nothing like a Koeman player, starting ahead of them (albeit for just one game).

He can play how he wants to here with the players we have. Much worse players can do better than ours have shown. Borough were streets ahead of us when playing Chelsea. A bad workman blames his tools etc. What we lack has nothing to do with the individual qualities of players, it has to do with hard work, discipline and attitude and that comes from the top down. The majority of players are putting in a shift but that effort is being misused. I wouldn't disagree with some players lacking discipline under Martinez but that isn't something that can be labelled to any one of the starting 11 against Swansea and that showed as in the second half we barely gave them a kick. We have started almost every game at a snails pace when we should be setting the tone in that time, we could and should have been behind in almost every game this season. West Ham could have been 2 or 3 up, Defoe had a great chance for Sunderland, Swansea had a couple of chances before they were given the penalty too. This comes from the manager/management.

For me, them six teams have better players than us. I can't complain about 7th at the moment,

It's a good job for Leicester City they didn't think like this last season or thay may have finished mid-table, they certainly would have finished below us as we had a better squad on paper.