• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Oh, come on. It's not Koeman's fault that we have shit players. It's so obvious we can't go much further with the current squad. It wasn't his fault either that we failed every single transfer he wanted in the summer. Those we got are panic buys to cover some holes in the squad depth. There is no improvement from last year, so basically he has a mid table team at his disposal, and you expect miracles? None gonna happen.

Oh, come on. It's not Koeman's fault that we have shit players. It's so obvious we can't go much further with the current squad. It wasn't his fault either that we failed every single transfer he wanted in the summer. Those we got are panic buys to cover some holes in the squad depth. There is no improvement from last year, so basically he has a mid table team at his disposal, and you expect miracles? None gonna happen.

Which one is it - the manager or the players? Martinez was sacked because he should have done better with our players apparently... now all of a sudden that's not the case?

for me when you see players lacking in effort, tempo, aggression, organisation - its the manager. That's what we are seeing right now. Maybe there are a few bad apples in the side - its his job to get rid of them too.

I am suprised that people think Martinez was such a strong character mentally.

I honestly thought he was weak.

But to be able to brainwash a whol squad, most of which played for Moyes for years....must mean he was some kind of genius?

Or is it Koeman is weak conpared to Martinez and needs a good season before players wil recognise him and not keep following Martinez instructions?

Personally I think martin fell victim to under performing players and that Koeman is realising that now.

Be brave Ronny and change things.

He's had 13 fucking games. I could understand if we were into a second season.

THIRTEEN games

One of the things I take pride in, in several spheres of life, is seeing the essence of a problem and making a difference right away by acting on it. Sometimes the change can be dramatic. At other times, it brings stability as more deep-seated problems come to light. Now, I'm nothing special, and I'm certainly not paid millions a year for my trouble. A good manager will always make a difference right away. Sorry, but I don't see that at Everton right now. The defence is NOT sorted. The offense has gone downhill (Martinez, for all his faults, made us exciting up front). Worst of all, the energy has gone from the midfield engine.

Each of us has an opinion on this, but how would you solve the problem? I know what I would do: bring in youngsters. They would solve the energy problem right away (did the see the Southampton teenager)? They would be hungry to seal their position, which is what other players need to be. In addition, I would put two up-front instead of one. That, too, could transform things. After that, it's a matter of working hard to implement the system Koeman wants to see.

What would you do right now - something that would have an immediate impact?

I would cash in on Lukaku, were just not very good with him in the team. One player does not make a team.

And honestly, I don't think we would miss him much.

I would put Davies in midfield with Gana and give him three or four matches to show what he can do.

I would go all out in January for a good young keeper and a creative combative midfielder.

One of the things I take pride in, in several spheres of life, is seeing the essence of a problem and making a difference right away by acting on it. Sometimes the change can be dramatic. At other times, it brings stability as more deep-seated problems come to light. Now, I'm nothing special, and I'm certainly not paid millions a year for my trouble. A good manager will always make a difference right away. Sorry, but I don't see that at Everton right now. The defence is NOT sorted. The offense has gone downhill (Martinez, for all his faults, made us exciting up front). Worst of all, the energy has gone from the midfield engine.

Each of us has an opinion on this, but how would you solve the problem? I know what I would do: bring in youngsters. They would solve the energy problem right away (did the see the Southampton teenager)? They would be hungry to seal their position, which is what other players need to be. In addition, I would put two up-front instead of one. That, too, could transform things. After that, it's a matter of working hard to implement the system Koeman wants to see.

What would you do right now - something that would have an immediate impact?

I would give the manager at least 2 seasons and 4 transfer windows to get it right. We were abysmal at the end of Martinez reign we were leaking goals for a laugh, Sunderland put 3 past us they never scored that many in a game all season, they scored 5 in total against us. He has shored the defence no doubt about it. No it's not the finished article but it's a lot better.

We're 7th and he's had 13 games and people want him sacked. I'm absolutely blown away by this I genuinely am.

We're 7th and he's had 13 games and people want him sacked. I'm absolutely blown away by this I genuinely am.

7th flatters to deceive. We're 9 points from top 4 and 8 points from a relegation spot - and we have some difficult games coming up. I don't want Koeman sacked, but I do want him to take this job seriously and act decisively to make an immediate difference.

We were abysmal at the end of Martinez reign we were leaking goals for a laugh, Sunderland put 3 past us they never scored that many in a game all season, they scored 5 in total against us. He has shored the defence no doubt about it. No it's not the finished article but it's a lot better.

Last year, away to Chelsea, we tied 3-3. This year we lost 5-0 and it could have been worse. Admittedly, Chelsea were struggling a little last season, but you can see the difference right there: No offense this time around, and no better defence. Sunderland were on a roll at a time of the season when we had nothing to play for and they were fighting for survival. That's not an excuse, just an observation.

13 games is 1/3 of a season. I agree we should not make snap judgments; however, we should expect to see immediate action. In business, a manager at this point would be on some type of unofficial probation with clear guidance to do better or else. I don't know what Moshiri is like behind the scenes, but he needs to deliver strong words to Koeman. If clear and achievable goals are not met in the next third of the season, Koeman should fear for his job.

In spite of a dire first half Koeman didn't make any changes at half-time. His first change was in the 65th minute, his second at 71 minutes. We then started to play a bit better, (possession wise) though it could have been Southampton parking the bus to protect their lead. The Valencia change at 83 minutes was too late to make a real difference.

I thought he could, and should, have made the changes earlier.

I would have sold both Lukaku and Barkley in the summer, we could have got

60m and 40m for them, added to the money for Stones we could have really turned the team around, the aging defence also needs to be replaced.

Unless things change and they play a lot better the price of Lukaku and Barkley will go down fast and we will be stuck with them

Edited by Bill

We need to sell to buy because those we want to sell are not doing the business, along with a few of the others we need to shift.

In two windows the club should be able to get at least eight or nine new players, introduce a few of our decent youngsters and hopefully turn things around for next season, this season is going to be a complete washout.

The problem is we're playing absolute dogshit football as well. It's boring predictable shite. There's seems to be no change. The days where a manager had a best 11 and picked it every week are gone. When was the last time we had the same starting 11 in 2/3 consecutive games? All the chopping and changes just isn't working. Our best football was played in Moyes final season (we were fantastic to watch at home) & also Martinez first season.

The whole setup is a mess in my opinion. It's absolutely no improvement on Martinez, recently it could even be worse.

Yet after 7 games everyone was buzzing and chuffed he made brave subs and also had a plan b.

We've had a bad slump there's no denying that but he has to be given time it's ridiculous to say get rid after 13 games. Anyone who thinks we're not defending better bar the Chelsea game must be blind because under Martinez we were conceding 3per game,we're still unbeatenat home we lost week inweek out at Goodison last season and won4 of about 20 odd games.

We're 7th even after such a poor run I just don't get why people have such unrealistic expectations our squad is shit, we have players who are not good enough or not performing yet he has no choice but to play themas there's no fucker capable of replacing them.

I can't see us getting more than 4 points from the next eight games, then we have 5 easier games in a row, so with his new signings we should take 10 points, which would probably see us finish on 48 points and mid table and right now I'd be happy to take that.

But to be honest I have a really bad feeling about Koeman, that he won't be able to turn it round, that he will buy badly, and that he will only secure 4-5 points from those 5 easier games, and leaving us on 28-29 points with 12 games to play and looking like relegation favourites on current form.

I hope the owners aren't of the same opinion as a lot of people on this forum, that it's not a problem he's the right man for the job, come January when he's spent his 80M we're be alright.

What I hope is that they have already decided to give him 6 more games, and if there is no sign of improvement they have, or are in the process of compiling a short list of replacements and he's gone, there should be no complaints he would have had 50% of the season to have shown he's got something about him, and the new manager should be given the transfer window to bring in the players he feels he needs, after all koeman had one window brought in four new faces and we're no better, so a new man must be given the same opportunity, after all he maybe tasked with keeping us up.

Last year, away to Chelsea, we tied 3-3. This year we lost 5-0 and it could have been worse. Admittedly, Chelsea were struggling a little last season, but you can see the difference right there: No offense this time around, and no better defence. Sunderland were on a roll at a time of the season when we had nothing to play for and they were fighting for survival. That's not an excuse, just an observation.

Last season we lost 3-0 at Sunderland. This season we won 3-0. Go figure.

Comparing single results is silly. People saying defence is no better should check the facts, tho. Even including the Chelsea drubbing we have conceded 15 goals in 13 games. This would result in about 44 goals over the season. Last season we conceded 55 in 38.

Bollocks what a stupid stat to come out with, to be happy that we are losing games by conceding less goals, a loss is a loss whether it's by 1-0 or 2-1, so you can stick that stat straight up your arse and start living in the real world, and face up to the reality of our last eight games.

That's right under Moyes, we always struggled to find a striker who could play his system of one up front, and consistently get say fifteen goals a season, but what we did have where midfielders who could chip in with seven or eight goals each, where not far off playing the same system as Moyes now, but our midfield is being set up to defensively minded and aren't far enough up field to have an impact on the game, we need to put Bolasi or Delli in the middle with Barkley to get forward in the box where they can hurt the opposition and support Lukaku, then drop either Barry or Gana because there both doing the same holding role.

I'm glad there is still some sense around this place.

I've just watched two years of the worst football, terrible defending and toxic atmosphere at Goodison Park. I have faith that Ron can turn it around, it was so bad that it's going to take a while, he needs time and support.

The players are not putting a shift in, they need to look at themselves.

We have to stick with him for the moment but I can't see any passion in the players which the manager should be instilling. I got fed up with Roberto at the end but at least when he came to the club he bought into the ethos of club and dedication of the supporters. I know it's irrelevant, I wanted Pellegrini and wonder what he would have done. Don't think we'd have seen him making panic buys like Koeman did.