• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

So everyone should get sacked after 14 minutes then.

Good job we didn't have that attitude with Kendall or United with Ferguson. Not saying for a second he'll emulate either of them but changing managers after 14 minutes as you put it acheives nothing.

Should we of got rid of Moyes when we had those duff seasons or are you glad we kept faith?

I'm with you in terms of giving him a chance but he's raised my heckles far quicker than he should have done.

I've gone from being ecstatic over him to being a bit underwhelmed very very quickly. Not based on the results - based on his behaviours, player selection, formation and tactics.

His pursuit of sissoko for £30m and spending the same on bolasie worries the shit out of me. I like bolasie but he's way over priced.

My problem is that nothing has changed, I can't see any positives over the last two years. We are defending better...... are we? Or is it we just haven't been punished as often?

Attack? Admittedly this has changed, as we look toothless now.

It's still early and I agree we need to see him in January now he has had half a season to put the numbers together.

But this has to be the worst I have felt since Moyes!

With Moyes and Moshy, I honestly believe we would be challenging the top five now.

I don't agree with all the nostalgia for David Moyes. It says something, though, when we hanker for upper mid-table instead of going for gold.

Me neither... he couldn't get united in the top 4 so why would he get us there?

We were only ever also rans under him the two managers since at least have the attitude to be the best even if it hasn't or isn't working out that well just now.

Pre-season we where linked with Kalidou Koulibaly, Virgil van Dyke, and even Kone from Sunderland. Who did he bring in ? A 32 year old Ashley Williams.

Then it was Yacine Brahimi, Manolo Gabbiadini, and Julian Draxler, who did we get ? Bolassie.

Joe Hart was available, who did we bring in ? Well you know who.

None of those players are any better than we already had. This manager is seriously flawed, and we will have a massive problem getting any top players to come to us.

Edited by Bill

So I have some dutch friends I spoke to about Koeman. Just the general dutch attitude. They all say the same thing, that the dutch just don't get the rabid fanaticism of English football fans.

They say if you wanted a manager who shouts amd screams on the touchline and shows emotions then you should not have taken a dutch one. Managers get sacked because of bad results so there is no point them getting attached to a club. The relationship will only ever be professional

This is speaking for itself, it's showing through!

I don't doubt that half our squad is over the hill, and the other half are not good enough...

But I don't buy this line from Koeman that somehow the players 'don't know how to press'. That's what training sessions are for, he has had these players for 6 months now, if they can't do something he wants, he has to take responsibility for it. Klopp has got a lot of players he didn't sign pressing the way he wants at Liverpool, Conte had got a lot of players he didn't sign playing a system they've probably never played before at Chelsea. It just seems like Koeman has thrown his hands up, made it obvious to the entire squad that he doesn't think they can do what he wants, and now we're stuck in this huge stalemate while everyone waits on their future, with morale understandably rock bottom. That to me is bad, bad management.

And let's say for a moment that a significant portion of our first team squad either do not understand or cannot physically play the pressing game - what about the kids? Pochettino turned Southampton into a pressing side bringing in youth players full of energy he could mould and teach; he's done the same at Spurs, and learnt it from Bielsa at Newell's Old Boys, who turned a youth side into continental champions on the same premise. Is Koeman telling us that none of the U23s can play the way he wants, either? How does he know, what evidence is he basing that on? Or is it a case of him not be willing to, or not being capable of, teaching them?

No, sorry Ronald. You've had 6 months at this club. Yes, this squad needs a major overhaul, but that is no excuse for how badly we are playing. If you want us to press, do some fucking coaching. If players are still not getting it, it says as much about your abilities as a coach and manager as their talent as players.

Here are the criteria I'd suggest are needed for a manager to succeed at Everton.

1) Understand the Everton way: culture, history, way of doing things

2) Have the full respect of all players so they want to be play for you

3) Understand the players, their skills, and what motivates them

4) Have a clear long-term strategy for success

5) Have the nous needed to implement winning tactics week after week

6) Be flexible and willing to listen and delegate. Be a team player

7) Have a proven track record in the Premier League

Which does Koeman have? From the evidence, not much beyond #7.

Which does Unsworth have? Just about all but #7.

We're really really missing (i) clear long-term strategy; (ii) playing to each player's strengths; (iii) taking advantage of the youth system; and most importantly, (iv) having an obvious cultural fit between team and manager.

Frankly, it would be stupid to spend heavily in the upcoming window. It may sound crazy, but I'd spend little - maybe temporary cover for the African players - until we see a manager with a very clear and achievable long-term strategy. If you can't get the best out of the current squad, with exciting youngsters waiting in the wings, what difference will bring new players in make? It's far more risky to introduce new players than to get the best out of current players.

Pre-season we where linked with Kalidou Koulibaly, Virgil van Dyke, and even Kone from Sunderland. Who did he bring in ? A 32 year old Ashley Williams.

Then it was Yacine Brahimi, Manolo Gabbiadini, and Julian Draxler, who did we get ? Bolassie.

Joe Hart was available, who did we bring in ? Well you know who.

None of those players are any better than we already had. This manager is seriously flawed, and we will have a massive problem getting any top players to come to us.

Koeman doesn't buy players, he's said it many times. So blaming him on transfers is... I don't know, stupid?

And double so when you think *why* we didn't sign those players. Would you have been happy to pay 60 million for Koulibaly? van Dijk, was he even available? And Kone in the end decided not to move. How do you force him, hold a gun to his head? Draxler is a pipe-dream, Brahimi and Gabbiadini haven't been pulling trees. And those are forwards, Bolassie is a winger.