• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

So what does Walsh do then? If you read various interviews he finds the players and offers them to Koeman. Koeman doesn't find or sign them so blaming him because Koulibaly wasn't signed is ridiculous.

Errr he scouts.... pretty much what you said.

But do you really think that Koeman doesn't have a vision of what he wants?

If that's the case then make Walsh the manager.

And I am not blaming him for anyone he didnt sign, just the ones he did and how the team are doing now. After all...isn't that his job?

And I am not blaming him for anyone he didnt sign, just the ones he did and how the team are doing now. After all...isn't that his job?

Most of the players we got would have been lined up before Walsh ' s input. Gueye, Williams & Bolasie almost certainly had a lot of input from Koeman but the targets after that it was probably less so.

Jesus, I know they had gone on a little run but are you saying he inherited a title winning squad? Or even a top half capable squad?

No, not at all. What happened was incredible but momentum and confidence played a massive factor in what they did.

Koeman's inherited a squad low in confidence and players that have been coached/accustomed to a completely different playing style to what he's trying to apply. Koeman should probably be more flexible in his methods and by no means is not to blame in part but the fact remains we were in a lot better nick when Martinez took over than when Koeman did.

You seriously should check what a director of football does. It's a bit more than scouting.

And you have definitely played too many computer games if you think managing a team is just signing players. In case you didn't know, in many countries such as Germany managers do not sign players. That's true to many PL teams as well. Koeman didn't sign players at Soton either. Guardiola doesn't. Ranieri didn't. Managers of Barca and RM don't. And so on. Yet they are called managers, not the dudes who do the signings.

I'm not being funny but anyone who can't see that we actually look as bad or if not worse under koeman needs their heads testing....

Is a transfer window going to change it? Did conte need a window to change chelsea? No. A manager at the very least needs to have enough about him to make the current team improve.... this lot looks worse.

Koeman's tactics are awful. The players don't press and play long ball up to Lukaku.

Players won't change the way Koeman sets his team to play, only he can do that.

The firsthe few games this season seem to be off the back of the confidence the players inherited into the new manager, relived of RM and his demise.

I'm really really disappointed with Koeman. I thought he would do a lot better than this, and those first 5 or 6 games showed some progress towards a solid game plan. Decent possession, pressing, attacking intent and tighter at the back.

For me, Koeman is playing a very dangerous game. I feel he is trying to send a message to Moshiri, almost saying 'jeez, we need to spend big here, see....', and not putting enough in to get the best out of this team. Not doing enough to get the results.

I like how blunt Koeman is. I like his honesty on most topics. But he ain't being honest here if he is putting all this down to the players.

God knows what they are doing on the training ground. Why other players, who we know can do a job, like Holgate aren't getting a chance, I don't know. And I've no idea why he insists on playing 3 DM'S despite it doing nothing for us so far.

I know Martinez was a pain in the arse, but at least we played football. Now we just hoof the bastard thing.

I still think Koeman deserves more time. But I'm wary of how much I backed Martinez...although with Martinez, he had that great first season and I always clung onto that, hoping it would return. All I have with Koeman so far is an 'ok' start to the season, followed by 10 games of mostly dross, so it's more difficult to keep the faith.

I just feel lost as to what to think just now. A bit despondent to be honest.

Jesus, I know they had gone on a little run but are you saying he inherited a title winning squad? Or even a top half capable squad?

People forget what he actually put together and I can't stand the prick. Made up he got sacked the arrogant toss pot.

But yeah... he got them well on the way. No question of that.

For me, Koeman is playing a very dangerous game. I feel he is trying to send a message to Moshiri, almost saying 'jeez, we need to spend big here, see....', and not putting enough in to get the best out of this team. Not doing enough to get the results.

I like how blunt Koeman is. I like his honesty on most topics. But he ain't being honest here if he is putting all this down to the players.

Agree with this totally. Koeman has made it very obvious he doesn't rate our squad, but his refusal/inability to try and get the bets out of them is not in the interests in our club, and as far as I am concerned is the exact opposite of what he is being paid for.

You seriously should check what a director of football does. It's a bit more than scouting.

And you have definitely played too many computer games if you think managing a team is just signing players. In case you didn't know, in many countries such as Germany managers do not sign players. That's true to many PL teams as well. Koeman didn't sign players at Soton either. Guardiola doesn't. Ranieri didn't. Managers of Barca and RM don't. And so on. Yet they are called managers, not the dudes who do the signings.

Why would I ne d to research a director of football? Your point was that Koeman has nothing to do with transfers!

My point by about Walsh was that he would have likely scouted the players to sign. Now if you take that comment as that's all h does then I can't help you.

I also know what a manager does as I am one myself.

But in Koemans own words....he sits and discusses targets, and once it gets down to wages,fees etc , he walks out the room.

If you see that as he has no input then ....again I can't help you!

By the way, suttle the way your point is slowly coming into line haha!

Right, cards on the table and my two pence worth.....

Our squad isn't good enough. Koeman has inherited a bunch of shite and Martinez mess. I don't want to keep blaming Martinez in all this but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were in the last months of his tenure. There was no discipline in the squad and everyone just seemed to do what they wanted. Koemans now had to come in and pick up this mess.

We missed out on every target we wanted all summer and ended up with 3rd or 4th choice players but what were we suppose to do, sign nobody? We went for (allegedly) Koulibally, Witsel, Mata, Perez, to name a few and ended up with Williams, Gana, Bolasies and Valencia on loan.

Our squad needs a massive overhaul not just a couple of additions our key players like Lukaku and Barkley Mirallas and Deulefeu have not performed great, players like Baines, Jagielka Barry are past their best and we're tying to implement a completely new style of play, new manager, coaching staff, boardroom set up the lot. It's not going to happen over night and certainly not in one transfer window!!!!

Weall need to cool our jets, if we're still in free fall this time next year after 3 transfer windows then I'll start questioning him but 15 games in is just utter madness.

The players have the ability. Koemans job was to restore the teams discipline, and get in a proper fitness team. He's managed the latter and it's very worrying that he's not got the players onside, not helped by him making it public what positions he wants in, effectively telling Baines, Jags, Barkey, and all the wingers at the club that they are surplus. Pretty much all of the, have struggled to put in a performance.

T

I trust the club will address the issues, we've brought in Walsh so the deals should be smoother than Orange Bobs efforts. But koeman obviously doesn't and is taking the club for a ride, with us fans being the biggest sufferers.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-koeman-phones-communication-instagram-12302063

Joel Robles posted a picture of the players in the dressing room. None of them are talking, all of them on their phones. Even he thinks it is a problem at the club. Koeman needs to get a grip of them, ban their phones if he has to. These players are like stupid little boys and they need treating like that.

Maybe they are watching youtube videos on how to play basic football....

Most likely they are looking at the new fucking disgusting crushed velvet sofa that their wags have bought with their ill gotten gains. Probably on the Maserati configurator app designing their new custom Gran Turismo coupe.

I really get the impression that Koeman is disgusted by all of them, that none of them care, none of them are good enough and he will happily chop the lot and bring in as mang of his own as he can. The problem is that it will take multiple transfer windows to accomplish and in the meantime we have to put up with this shit show and hope to god we don't get dragged into a relegation scrap.

If that's the case then our club is doomed and the fans need to get vocal.... wave white hankies... whatever. Have banners saying "get working or get out"...

Disgusted with the pot of them. The cohesion is non existent

Why would I ne d to research a director of football? Your point was that Koeman has nothing to do with transfers!

My point by about Walsh was that he would have likely scouted the players to sign. Now if you take that comment as that's all h does then I can't help you.

I also know what a manager does as I am one myself.

But in Koemans own words....he sits and discusses targets, and once it gets down to wages,fees etc , he walks out the room.

If you see that as he has no input then ....again I can't help you!

By the way, suttle the way your point is slowly coming into line haha!

Wow, you are a manager? Premier League level? You're not Howe by any chance?

I suggest you read up what Sporting Directors / Directors of Football / whateveryoucallthem do in the continent, as well as what the ones already in the Premier League do. Of course it would be silly to sign players without manager's input, but unless DoF plans the long-term plans how the squad is developed he's as much as useless. The whole idea behind having a DoF is that managers tend to only last two, three seasons at the most. The traditional British model where the manager also does the job of the DoF means there's a huge rebuilding job every time a manager leaves. So what ever faults Koeman has, Napoli increasing Koulibaly's price to ridiculous is not one of his.

Incidentally, a very similar system is in place in major US sports as well. DoFs are just called General Managers (at least in the NHL). The British model manager is called a head coach because his job is to work on tactics and such. GMs tend to outlast several head coaches so they oversee the long-term team building. In the US the British model would be impossible because of the draft system.

But as stated on match of the day 2 that is not the style of football he played or promoted at Southampton.

I think he's looking to make the players scapegoats for his failings, to give him a load of money in January could be the biggest gamble this club has taken in years, I truly believe he will squander it, and we will be looking down the barrel of relegation, with him and his brother laughing all the way to the bank.

The shit sisters need to go now we are the worst team in the league at the moment, with our results and general play.

He never inherited a team that was this bad he added to it and made it the team it is today, possibly the worst football I have seen an Everton team play since the nineties.

We have a duty as the supporters and the people that love this club, to express our discontent of the management to let Moshiri know we want a change, if we don't Moshiri may stand by him for to long out of not wanting to be seen as a he made the mistake of bringing him here.

It's time to start calling for dismissal, the way we are playing it shouldn't be suggested it's to early let's make sure it's not to late.

Koeman has mentioned that the squad is just physically weak. That teams who use their athleticism will over run us.

That's due to the previous manager's regime of playing keep ball. Passing the ball about and having the opposition exhaust themselves chasing it is all fine if you have defenders that simply don't make mistakes like Barca and Juventus have. Unfortunately our defenders are dreadfully error prone.

So now we have a squad that is totally unsuitable for Koeman's preferred physical style and we are getting rolled over.

Koeman has implemented his style from day one and probably assumed that he would get almost all of his targets in summer. As it stands we didn't really get any of them so now he has to make do with players simply not up to the task.

Then why leave our most physical midfielder on the bench? Why bring in Valencia? Why bring in Williams who isn't the most physical defender available? Why go after Gabbiadini/Brahimi etc

I get that Koeman more than likely wants more of 'his ' players into the club but he has to find another way to win games until then.

We aren't even playing to the level we were in the first games of the season, let alone how we were playing this time last year with the same players.

Regardless of the excuses Koeman may or may not have, he and the team need to do a lot better than they are doing now.

But as stated on match of the day 2 that is not the style of football he played or promoted at Southampton.

I think he's looking to make the players scapegoats for his failings, to give him a load of money in January could be the biggest gamble this club has taken in years, I truly believe he will squander it, and we will be looking down the barrel of relegation, with him and his brother laughing all the way to the bank.

The shit sisters need to go now we are the worst team in the league at the moment, with our results and general play.

He never inherited a team that was this bad he added to it and made it the team it is today, possibly the worst football I have seen an Everton team play since the nineties.

We have a duty as the supporters and the people that love this club, to express our discontent of the management to let Moshiri know we want a change, if we don't Moshiri may stand by him for to long out of not wanting to be seen as a he made the mistake of bringing him here.

It's time to start calling for dismissal, the way we are playing it shouldn't be suggested it's to early let's make sure it's not to late.

That depends, today in a few places we are being linked with Ever Banega, the Argentine AM, at times he can be inconsistent(not even getting in the Inter team at the moment) but he can also be brilliant on his day, he is defiantely the sort of player we should be looking at.

Wow, you are a manager? Premier League level? You're not Howe by any chance?

I suggest you read up what Sporting Directors / Directors of Football / whateveryoucallthem do in the continent, as well as what the ones already in the Premier League do. Of course it would be silly to sign players without manager's input, but unless DoF plans the long-term plans how the squad is developed he's as much as useless. The whole idea behind having a DoF is that managers tend to only last two, three seasons at the most. The traditional British model where the manager also does the job of the DoF means there's a huge rebuilding job every time a manager leaves. So what ever faults Koeman has, Napoli increasing Koulibaly's price to ridiculous is not one of his.

Incidentally, a very similar system is in place in major US sports as well. DoFs are just called General Managers (at least in the NHL). The British model manager is called a head coach because his job is to work on tactics and such. GMs tend to outlast several head coaches so they oversee the long-term team building. In the US the British model would be impossible because of the draft system.

Makis makis makis!

No I'm not Howe mate, No no no!

Your point was that Koeman has nothing to do with transfers. He does.

Even you have backtracked in your own argument now. That's fine as you may just have came across wrong.

But again...why do I need to look up DOFs? Your making no sense mate. Tell you what I'll make it easy for you....

Just quote the bit where I have said that all they do is scout....it's pretty easy. If I said it then your explanation to me will hold credence....but if I haven't said it...

Well then your effort is pretty wasted really.

...I can't do it mate, doesn't but even research it as it's not there, but you already know that don't you ?

He heads up scouting Makis, trust me, he has a hand in appointing players to.....I don't think your gonna get this.

Unless I spend an hour writing out every little detail of my point you won't understand as you seem to take each sentence as a whole opinion on its own....

Example above!

Did I really need to put in a detailed job about walshs job description for you to get it?

I don't honk you are a typical, cannot admit to being wrong type of person I'm afraid. You strayed from your original point, rather than just say....wait, you misunderstood that. I meant it as xxxxxxxxx....

I'm just gonna say that your were right and we will leave it there shall we ?

You conveniently forgot the context. I asked what Walsh does and you said he scouts. The whole context was about transfers so you have a very weird way of communicating if, while talking about how transfers work, you jump to scouting completely bypassing what he does in the transfer front unless you mean he's not involved in that.

Here's the conversation so far:

Me: Walsh deals with the transfers.

You: No.

Me: So what does he do?

You: He scouts.

Me: Really? Do you really think he only scouts?

You: Where did I say that?

Me: In this message: xxx

You: Did I really need to spend an hour writing down everything he does? But I give up, you are wrong, boohoo.

Clap - fking - clap.