IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

We badly need strikers. Slimani would fit the bill get rid of kone to somewhere and get a pace merchant in, remember koeman is saying what he wants now if a few good bids come on for players we could get more in. I can see bolaise, kone this week. Striker the week after and two in the last week of the window

I was thinking that myself. There's been something off with this one right from the off.

Moyes has come out and said Kone knew nothing about that statement attributed to him.

Bit weird them saying he'll get a new contract on 1st September AFTER the window shuts. He's also said they've told him there's a bid from us for him. I get the feeling they're trying to gently push him out the door because they want the money but know there will be a fan backlash over it.

I also get the feeling the player doesn't want to leave.

I was thinking that myself. There's been something off with this one right from the off.

Moyes has come out and said Kone knew nothing about that statement attributed to him.

I felt that the moyes thing about the statement was his way of saying water under the bridge if you do stay to kone. Seems like he wants him to stay.

I felt that the moyes thing about the statement was his way of saying water under the bridge if you do stay to kone. Seems like he wants him to stay.

How do you work that out? Moyes said that when he spoke to Kone he'd said it wasn't him that had even put that transfer request in and he knew nothing about it.

How do you work that out? Moyes said that when he spoke to Kone he'd said it wasn't him that had even put that transfer request in and he knew nothing about it.

He posted a statement and talked to the press about the raw deal he was getting. Moyes says "I talked to him and someone not him made up the statement he never said anything" which is a lie. He's just trying to make it not awkward if he stays which is evident he does as he started him and made the above lie.

He could have said "he's spoken out he's handed in a request, but he's still our player" but he didn't, because he's trying to take the "nice guy" approach.

At least that's how it reads to me. Also the sept 1 thing is a joke, I doubt they'll offer him a new deal.

He posted a statement and talked to the press about the raw deal he was getting. Moyes says "I talked to him and someone not him made up the statement he never said anything" which is a lie. He's just trying to make it not awkward if he stays which is evident he does as he started him and made the above lie.

He could have said "he's spoken out he's handed in a request, but he's still our player" but he didn't, because he's trying to take the "nice guy" approach.

At least that's how it reads to me. Also the sept 1 thing is a joke, I doubt they'll offer him a new deal.

Did Kone actually post the statement? The one linked here was from a journalist's account, saying it was Kone that wrote it.

so we've spent 22.5 on bolasie, 9 on williams, 7.1 on gueye. that's 38.6m in transfers. got 47.5m for stones minus 7m for barnsley. we've effectively sold stones and brought in 3 off that money. should still have at least the 20-30m annual kitty to spend as well.

squad looks like this so far

GK - Stekelenberg, Robles

RB - Coleman

LB - Baines, Oviedo, Garbutt

CB - Jags, Williams, Mori, Holgate, Galloway

DCM - Gueye, Barry, Mccarthy, Gibson, Davies, Besic, Cleverley

ACM - Barkley

W - Bolasie, Mirallas, Lennon, Gerry

ST - Lukaku, Kone

Edited by markjazzbassist

so we've spent 22.5 on bolasie, 9 on williams, 8.5 on gueye. that's 40m in transfers. got 47.5m for stones minus 7m for barnsley. we've effectively sold stones and brought in 3 off that money. should still have at least the 20-30m annual kitty to spend as well.

RB - Coleman

DCM - Gueye, Barry, Mccarthy, Gibson, Davies

ACM - Barkley

ST - Lukaku, Kone

I would be very disappointed if we only get a £20-£30m kitty. The extra money from TV deal should allow that sort of kitty, even without the new investment.

I can't see us being able to attract Koeman if the kitty was that small. Surely he was promised more than that to upgrade the team.

Definitely need a striker or two, and an attacking midfielder, and centre back.

so we've spent 22.5 on bolasie, 9 on williams, 8.5 on gueye. that's 40m in transfers. got 47.5m for stones minus 7m for barnsley. we've effectively sold stones and brought in 3 off that money. should still have at least the 20-30m annual kitty to spend as well.

RB - Coleman

ACM - Barkley

ST - Lukaku, Kone

Gueye was £7.1m btw.

so we've spent 22.5 on bolasie, 9 on williams, 7.1 on gueye. that's 38.6m in transfers. got 47.5m for stones minus 7m for barnsley. we've effectively sold stones and brought in 3 off that money. should still have at least the 20-30m annual kitty to spend as well.

RB - Coleman

ACM - Barkley

ST - Lukaku, Kone

No Tom Cleverley?

Garbutt didn't even get a squad number so I would remove him as unlikely to be in Koeman's plans.

I thought Davies had been playing mainly ACM in pre-season?

I would include Besic (even though Injured) and probably the same for Browning.

If we spend and get more in from then it's just a case of tweaking the squad every window. I'd love us to get another 4-5 in. Keeper which may end up being hart on loan or begovic and if be happy with either. Kone I think will happen and then I'd like ziyech and the lad from Lyon and then a striker slimani would be the obvious choice. Get rid of Kone, mcgeady and I can see gibbo going as well as niasse

No Tom Cleverley?

Garbutt didn't even get a squad number so I would remove him as unlikely to be in Koeman's plans.

yep sorry i missed those, i'll update the original post, thanks!

No Tom Cleverley?

Davies filled in at rb for the first few.