Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

it seems that conspiracy theorists are on the march again,  they are now saying that the trouble over sending legal immigrants back to their place of origin is because of civil service remainers trying to destroy our chances with reaching an agreement with Europe.   

:doh:

can it get any sillier ?

16 hours ago, rubecula said:

it seems that conspiracy theorists are on the march again,  they are now saying that the trouble over sending legal immigrants back to their place of origin is because of civil service remainers trying to destroy our chances with reaching an agreement with Europe.   

:doh:

can it get any sillier ?

Yup. Turning away refugees from the country were bombing (action taken without any debate in Parliament)

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Meanwhile, we do fuck all in Yemen because our friends the Saudi’s wouldn’t like that and neither would those raking in the money selling arms to them. 

It’s all fucked. I hate people. 

That's a sectarian war though, how would we get involved in that and on whose side?

7 hours ago, Chach said:

That's a sectarian war though, how would we get involved in that and on whose side?

:lol: sides. Sides don't matter, it's all about gains. If there are none to be had then they don't do anything.

Photos of children there after chemical attacks but nothing is done? Supposed evidence of it in Syria and they all jump on board. Hmm, interesting.

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: sides. Sides don't matter, it's all about gains. If there are none to be had then they don't do anything.

Photos of children there after chemical attacks but nothing is done? Supposed evidence of it in Syria and they all jump on board. Hmm, interesting.

Whats your source for the use of chemical weapons in Yemen?

What do the US/UK/France have to gain by getting involved in Syria?

On 17/04/2018 at 12:40, Romey 1878 said:

Meanwhile, we do fuck all in Yemen because our friends the Saudi’s wouldn’t like that and neither would those raking in the money selling arms to them. 

It’s all fucked. I hate people. 

Which is a scarier danger to the west, or especially Americans at least since we've not suffered near as much ISIL inspired violence as Europe.

Yemen could truly be the catalyst for a war between the Saudi's and the Iranians, and importantly, is the home to AQAP (Al-Qaeda Arabian Peninsula, the remnants of the Afghan group the launched 9/11) and the home to most of the advanced bombmakers and other plotters who could launch largescale terrorist plots against Western cities on their homeland.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We've had a house in Spain for 15 years or more paid our taxes to the Spanish government every year with the view of spending our retirement between both countries.

We are now looking into the possibility of getting dual nationality, if you can't beat them join them. 

send some iberico ham when you get a chance.  roberto never sent me any :(

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted to see UKIP decimated in the local elections yesterday, currently they have three councillors still in office out of 126 in the equivalent wards in 2014. Sadly though the tories have benefited from their meltdown (unsurprising) and kept their losses to a minimum. I'm mighty impressed looking at the results that the objectionable blues (in stark contrast to the "proper" blues) don't have a single representative in Liverpool; there can't be many cities in the country where that's the case!

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Delighted to see UKIP decimated in the local elections yesterday, currently they have three councillors still in office out of 126 in the equivalent wards in 2014. Sadly though the tories have benefited from their meltdown (unsurprising) and kept their losses to a minimum. I'm mighty impressed looking at the results that the objectionable blues (in stark contrast to the "proper" blues) don't have a single representative in Liverpool; there can't be many cities in the country where that's the case!

Me and the missus didn't vote, we never got an invite this year for some reason probably new I was a Labour voter and she was a conservative so they probably thought what's the point they only cancel each other out anyway.

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Me and the missus didn't vote, we never got an invite this year for some reason probably new I was a Labour voter and she was a conservative so they probably thought what's the point they only cancel each other out anyway.

Was only certain regions Palfy so had no vote down here at all; not sure how that works really, why certain bits of the country have their say at a given time while some don't. Looking at the results there are also places where some wards get to vote and some have no say:dontknow:.

How can you live with a Tory:shakingfist:? Actually been there myself; dad was a staunch Thatcherite (hangs head in shame) while mum was a passionate leftie.....we tended to avoid political discussion when we got together:unsure:. Also my wife was over the moon when Blair got in and I just said, "wait and see" and she gradually came to despise the guy. I may have said "told you so" once or twice:P.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was only certain regions Palfy so had no vote down here at all; not sure how that works really, why certain bits of the country have their say at a given time while some don't. Looking at the results there are also places where some wards get to vote and some have no say:dontknow:.

How can you live with a Tory:shakingfist:? Actually been there myself; dad was a staunch Thatcherite (hangs head in shame) while mum was a passionate leftie.....we tended to avoid political discussion when we got together:unsure:. Also my wife was over the moon when Blair got in and I just said, "wait and see" and she gradually came to despise the guy. I may have said "told you so" once or twice:P.

I try not to discuss things with her to deeply because we are both quite opinionated and I'm always right which doesn't go down to well😁.

I didn't realise it wasn't a national vote, I was at a post office in Swindon yesterday which had a polling station in the church near it, obviously Latton were not involved quite pleased you told me this I was considering phoning to let them know we were both still here, would have looked a right plonka.

• 2 weeks later...