IGNORED

Rooney's Latest!

Wayne Rooney is hoping he will be considered the next time the England captain's job comes around.

New Three Lions coach Steve McClaren confirmed John Terry's appointment as skipper on Thursday, after previous incumbent David Beckham relinquished the responsibility after the World Cup.

Terry edged out Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard for the honour and is likely to have many years in the job given he is only 25-years-old.

But Manchester United striker Rooney is already looking beyond Terry's tenure as skipper and wants to be in the frame to succeed the Chelsea defender.

"Hopefully, in years to come," Rooney told Sky Sports News when asked if he wanted to captain England.

"At the end of the day I'm not ready to take that responsibility on yet.

"Hopefully, in a few years, when the next captain is named I will be in there with a chance.

"I'm loud on the pitch, like a lot of players, but that's just me trying to help and get your team up for the game."

Rooney's last appearance for England ended in disappointment when he was sent off for stamping on Ricardo Carvalho during the quarter final exit to Portugal.

The 20-year-old was also dismissed in United's friendly against Porto last week and he wonders whether he is being singled out by referees.

He added: "Possibly, I am getting picked on.

He is surely having a laugh, the petulant, bad tempered bighead has no chance, or does he?

It could be a very good move. Peter Taylor made Beckham captain when everyone thought it would go wrong and it made him grow up. I know Beckham wasnt anything like as childish as Rooney is, and I am not saying I want Rooney to be captain but when the time comes for a new captain that may be in the managers mind.

It could be a very good move. Peter Taylor made Beckham captain when everyone thought it would go wrong and it made him grow up. I know Beckham wasnt anything like as childish as Rooney is, and I am not saying I want Rooney to be captain but when the time comes for a new captain that may be in the managers mind.

44623[/snapback]

thats a good point, it may mature him abit, id prefere somone else tho for 1 simple reason rooney will never change he will always be a aggresive lil bastard who spits his dummy when things dont go his way

he has stuff all chance of getting it with his attitude and behaviour on the pitch he neeeds to keep his cool which i hope will come with age because he is a key player for england then on his game

44668[/snapback]

:lol: hes a little wild gobshite and if it happend it would be bad 4 the team hes always in the mire the tit :lol: