IGNORED

Marko Arnautovic

Easier with a big wage though, its how Chelsea and City got themselves where they are

And they're full of nob heads.

Rather we go for the right people (by paying the big money up front), those wanting to be part of a project and not the mercenaries of the world.

And they're full of nob heads.

Rather we go for the right people (by paying the big money up front), those wanting to be part of a project and not the mercenaries of the world.

True, but is this guy good enough to send us further? Not in my opinion.

True, but is this guy good enough to send us further? Not in my opinion.

Also true. I do think he is underrated though but too similar to Mirallas. Can be out of the game for 88 minutes and then pop up with a goal, MOTD then have a montage of his best bits (the replay on repeat) before Shearer spunks on about the finish and what a player he is...the following week destroys him for being shite.

Edited by Lowensda

Matt,

at any point has Moshiri said he will be personally throwing big money into our transfer funds?

He has got us into a better financial position, and is keen to progress the new stadium and get a manager sorted but I don't see that we'll have anything much more than anyone else to spend which is largely coming from increased TV deals. Any other extra money on top will be from the sale of Stones or Lukaku.

I might be wrong but I don't see us suddenly bringing in several huge transfers ala Chelsea/Citeh.

Matt,

at any point has Moshiri said he will be personally throwing big money into our transfer funds?

He has got us into a better financial position, and is keen to progress the new stadium and get a manager sorted but I don't see that we'll have anything much more than anyone else to spend which is largely coming from increased TV deals. Any other extra money on top will be from the sale of Stones or Lukaku.

I might be wrong but I don't see us suddenly bringing in several huge transfers ala Chelsea/Citeh.

There's been multiple indications (though I grant you, nothing I can find directly quoting Morishi), saying £100m + sales. Whether that comes from the TV money or his own pocket initially I honestly don't care, but I'm convinced we will spend big on 2-3 players, especially after how he's gotten Koeman.

Easier with a big wage though, its how Chelsea and City got themselves where they are

This would mean paying players more than they are worth as others would be willing to pay what they really are worth (some even more than that). And this is not insignificant. Let's say a worldie wants £100,000 per week, but since we don't have European footy we would have to pay that much more to convince him to come play for money alone. How much extra would that be? 20,000? That would be an extra million pounds per year. And I'm not sure 20% is enough, but nevertheless, those millions stack up quickly.

Then there's the FFP consideration.

This would mean paying players more than they are worth as others would be willing to pay what they really are worth (some even more than that). And this is not insignificant. Let's say a worldie wants £100,000 per week, but since we don't have European footy we would have to pay that much more to convince him to come play for money alone. How much extra would that be? 20,000? That would be an extra million pounds per year. And I'm not sure 20% is enough, but nevertheless, those millions stack up quickly.

Then there's the FFP consideration.

We're going to be doing this anyway, with wages and transfer fees.

I understand, and usually would be saying exactly the same thing as you're doing, like I have in the past. FFP, I think because of the new TV money it means we're sorted. Then, if we get the stadium moving quickly, we'll have even more income from stadium naming rights and all the other benefits it would entail.

Edited by Matt

FFP is hardly even there anymore, they buckled under pressure from PSG.

£100m should be available to spend even without Moshiri's money. Other clubs spent some of it last year with loans taken out, like we normally do, but we didn't last year. So it should all be there. Just have to take into account the extra wages everyone will want now.

We're going to be doing this anyway, with wages and transfer fees.

I understand, and usually would be saying exactly the same thing as you're doing, like I have in the past. FFP, I think because of the new TV money it means we're sorted. Then, if we get the stadium moving quickly, we'll have even more income from stadium naming rights and all the other benefits it would entail.

You forget everyone else in the PL is also sorted with six (irc) teams offering Euro football.

And FFP means the wage bill can only be increased by 7 million per year. The only way to go above that as far as I know are player sales. So yes, we could sell Lukaku, but then we couldn't use all the money on transfer fees.

FFP is hardly even there anymore, they buckled under pressure from PSG.

£100m should be available to spend even without Moshiri's money. Other clubs spent some of it last year with loans taken out, like we normally do, but we didn't last year. So it should all be there. Just have to take into account the extra wages everyone will want now.

Not even close to 100 million without Moshiri money. More like 30-40 million.

You forget everyone else in the PL is also sorted with six (irc) teams offering Euro football.

And FFP means the wage bill can only be increased by 7 million per year. The only way to go above that as far as I know are player sales. So yes, we could sell Lukaku, but then we couldn't use all the money on transfer fees.

Not forgetting, just taking it all into account. Europe is a massive enticement, wages can be bigger is all I'm saying.

I'd take Perisic before him personally.

And why would he come here? No shortage of takers if he decided to leave. He's first choice at Inter so unless we paid him silly money why would he move?

Thing is, we are not going to sign a team of world class players. That 100 million includes wages so if Koeman signs two 30 million pound players at 100.000 pounds per week, that's 70 million used up already. How many players do you reckon we need? Many think seven which would mean an average cost of about 10-12 million (60.000 pounds per week means 3 million on wages per year and I think that's where the wages for players of that caliber will ask at a minimum).

I'm not saying I'd pick Arnautovic as my first choice, mind. But I understand not every player we sign this summer will be a 20+ million player. I'm pretty sure there will be one or two players specifically signed to fit Koeman's tactics.

And why would he come here? No shortage of takers if he decided to leave. He's first choice at Inter so unless we paid him silly money why would he move?

Thing is, we are not going to sign a team of world class players. That 100 million includes wages so if Koeman signs two 30 million pound players at 100.000 pounds per week, that's 70 million used up already. How many players do you reckon we need? Many think seven which would mean an average cost of about 10-12 million (60.000 pounds per week means 3 million on wages per year and I think that's where the wages for players of that caliber will ask at a minimum).

He's the sort of playing we should be looking at though. He would want to come to the premier league and if we were so good at selling the clubs plans and ambition to Koeman than it should be the same for attracting players. If after that he doesn't buy into it, then wish him all the best for the future and we will find someone else who will buy into it!

And sorry I missed a few question on your post mate, I don't think we need 7 top class players.

Off the top of my head,

GK

RB cover

DCM ( McCarthy out ) funds for funds player

ACM

Winger

Back up CF

RB could be a loan signing, maybe trippier from Spurs or someone like that I'm not sure. I don't know our exact budget/wage structure but I do see your point on how quickly the money goes. I would just rather see us take 2 summer windows were we add quality than one full of quantity as the players who left, didn't contribute a lot whilst our youth really deserve to be given ago and fill their vacated roles. ( Dowell, Davies, Pennington, Galloway and so forth )

Edited by Btay