IGNORED

You must leave your country, where would you live?

I only here good things about Canada, but it's a little too cold for me, so I'm going to go with Australia (which I also only hear good things about).

Canada I'd love, otherwise it'd be Scandinavia because I can't cope with temperatures over 27c!

Oh, or Fiji, Maldives or French Polynesia :)

Where there's a will, there's a way....

Fire%20Sense%20Patio%20Heater.jpg

haha, it's why we live in the South now, my wife grew up down here and can't do Snow. I'm applying to jobs in my hometown of Cleveland (right across lake erie from canada) to move back, so maybe once she gets adjusted the weather up there, i can start working on the Canada move.

haha, it's why we live in the South now, my wife grew up down here and can't do Snow. I'm applying to jobs in my hometown of Cleveland (right across lake erie from canada) to move back, so maybe once she gets adjusted the weather up there, i can start working on the Canada move.

In running distance of the boarder just in case? You are worried! :P

In running distance of the boarder just in case? You are worried! :P

well on a boat its just halfway across the lake (granted largest bodies of freshwater on the planet so might take a while :) ), or a 2.5-3 hour drive to the Buffalo/Niagara Falls Border crossing.

I'm moving back to be near my family in Cleveland since we have a young kid now (need help watching him) and to see my family more. Yes the thought has crossed my mind with all the Trump stuff so that is an added bonus :)

If money was no object I'd go to where I was last week, Guernsey; it would be leaving the country because although part of the British Isles, its neither part of the UK nor England, so has its own constitution. Beautiful place.

Bloody expensive though; and there are only about 1600 properties on the "open market" (the rest only locals can buy) so not overly realistic.

Often talked about retiring to Zakynthos, which is more realistic.

I've generally moved where I wanted to move and am happy where I am right now. Yes, I enjoy visiting Cornwall, but my six kids all live in the US, so it would be foolish to leave. With time, I would probably prefer to live somewhere closer to the coast. If I were forced to leave the US and Cornwall is not an option, it would probably be Wales, Ireland or Switzerland (despite no coastline).

Edited by Cornish Steve

If money was no object I'd go to where I was last week, Guernsey; it would be leaving the country because although part of the British Isles, its neither part of the UK nor England, so has its own constitution. Beautiful place.

Bloody expensive though; and there are only about 1600 properties on the "open market" (the rest only locals can buy) so not overly realistic.

Often talked about retiring to Zakynthos, which is more realistic.

had to look that one up mike, was fun to read about it guernsey (is jersey any different?). i figured you'd say greece since you've vacationed there a lot, i'd like to go one day and eat the food (mmmm).

had to look that one up mike, was fun to read about it guernsey (is jersey any different?). i figured you'd say greece since you've vacationed there a lot, i'd like to go one day and eat the food (mmmm).

Jersey is just a little more commercialized I think (though I've never been), has a longer runway so budget airlines can fly in while they can't to Guernsey so it's expensive to get there even though it's a short flight. We went via ferry with the car and it was around £550; one company has a monopoly so they can charge what they like.

A week there cost much more than we'd have paid for three weeks in Greece, but it was my mum's idea and she paid for most of it; was where we used to go on family holidays as kids and she wanted to go back so it had to be done :).

We have a long standing TT member who's a resident there, FairWooney; I'd have arranged to meet him for a pint but he's not on regularly.

Australia without a hesitation, went there about six years ago and totally fell in love with it! The weather, lifestyle, the weird and wonderful animals. Just the total opposite to this country.

Too many of them wanting to kill me for my liking (spiders, snakes & sharks). Never done the southern hemisphere in my life though and I'd like to put that right one day, did the "tropics" in Africa but have never crossed the line.

Too many of them wanting to kill me for my liking (spiders, snakes & sharks). Never done the southern hemisphere in my life though and I'd like to put that right one day, did the "tropics" in Africa but have never crossed the line.

You'd love the crocs then!!!! We went out on a boat where they dangle pork over the edge from a rod on a two story boat and the salt water croc just come up vertical from the water to around they're hind legs!!! Clean off! You would want to give one a hug!

Australia without a hesitation, went there about six years ago and totally fell in love with it! The weather, lifestyle, the weird and wonderful animals. Just the total opposite to this country.

Australia will not accept anyone over the age of 45, so bear that in mind.

New Zealand, north island.

Wonderful suggestion I have family there.

You'd love the crocs then!!!! We went out on a boat where they dangle pork over the edge from a rod on a two story boat and the salt water croc just come up vertical from the water to around they're hind legs!!! Clean off! You would want to give one a hug!

On a trip to Suriname, I asked the CEO of the company I was visiting about the wildlife. "Not an issue," he said.

Later in the conversation, he mentioned how he'd lost one of his dogs earlier in the week. "The wife left the door open while carrying in the shopping, the dog ran out, and one of the anacondas got him." Not an issue, he said.

His favorite weekend pastime was sitting in a boat while fishing for flat fish on the local lake. "But you have to reel them in really fast, otherwise the piranhas will get them." Not an issue, he said.

You for serious with the age thing or a joke?

I'm not 100% on the stance our government takes but I know you really need to offer something I.e if we have a skills shortage of nurses ( which was the case many years ago ) than its easier to obtain the visa!

of the places I visited, I loved Stockholm! I'm not sure about England and living there, definitely couldn't live in London for a long time! ( I slowly became a bad person, rushing everywhere when I had no where to be ! )

One thing I miss so incredibly much is a two hour flight and you can be in such a variety of places! Truly blessed to have that over there!