IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

He's not a top class keeper which is what we need if we want to ever break into the top 4.

Decent back up but he's no Courtois, De Gea, Lloris, Chec or Hart.

Forster or Butland for me ??

not saying he is, but I've personally seen enough from him to say he's an adequate starter. For the money it's take to get Forster or Butland (not to mention my pipe dream choice Ter Stegen), I honestly don't think we'd see a massive improvement (especially if the defence isn't sorted) and at 26 he's got his best years ahead of him over the next 8-10 years. He just needs, like every player, a sustained run of games. Every time he's had a handful, we're a lot more successful than the alternate keeper (Howard or Stek)

We need a better keeper if we want any chance of breaking in to the top four in next two years.

Nearly all successful teams have a worldy keeper, in our case when we were flying in the eighties if we didn't have big Nev we wouldn't have been as successful as were.

Stekkers and Robles aren't good enough to get us seriously challenging for top four spot.

Guest rusty747

A top class 'keeper is worth 10 points or so a season whereas a dodgy 'keeper will cost you 5-10 points a season.

Just add 15-20 points onto our recent league totals and see where that would have put us.

Just one half decent season in Europe would have paid for a world class 'keeper several times over.

Edited by rusty747

He's not a top class keeper which is what we need if we want to ever break into the top 4.

Decent back up but he's no Courtois, De Gea, Lloris, Chec or Hart.

Forster or Butland for me

Agreed, id love either of these at Everton.

Seems to be a lot of unrest at Stoke at the min, Bojan will be putting in a transfer request apparantly. Butland for 20m? i couldnt imagine more than that, money well spent imo.

I think signing Schneiderlin will help with the defence, him and Gana in mid could be a perfect fit and fresh legs instead of Barry will certainly help the defence.

Agreed, id love either of these at Everton.

Seems to be a lot of unrest at Stoke at the min, Bojan will be putting in a transfer request apparantly. Butland for 20m? i couldnt imagine more than that, money well spent imo.

I think signing Schneiderlin will help with the defence, him and Gana in mid could be a perfect fit and fresh legs instead of Barry will certainly help the defence.

Defo Dean, I would spunk 30 on Butland personally. I'd be happy with Schneiderlan , Butland and a good striker this window.

Rumours abound he's on his way for a medical. Apparantly Sky said it and it's in the Manchester Evening News.

No idea how true that is as I'm out and about atm so not watching Sky.

the fact that they want their money back after letting him rot on the bench is astounding arrogance. £18m plus add ons based on appearances.

the fact that they want their money back after letting him rot on the bench is astounding arrogance. £18m plus add ons based on appearances.

This. No way should we be paying near what they bought him for when he hasn't played all season due to the "special one" wanting to throw his arrogance around.

This. No way should we be paying near what they bought him for when he hasn't played all season due to the "special one" wanting to throw his arrogance around.

I don't care what they paid for him, 24 mil isn't a lot for a proven premier league French international.

Not many clubs will be parting with players who are priven to have the quality for the prem.

Just sign the lad, he's a decent age and we know he can fit straight in.

I don't care what they paid for him, 24 mil isn't a lot for a proven premier league French international.

Not many clubs will be parting with players who are priven to have the quality for the prem.

Just sign the lad, he's a decent age and we know he can fit straight in.

Yeah agree with you totally, fuck the fact Jose hasn't played him if we think he's that good then pay the cash, £24m is fuck all these days! How much did they pay for Fellini of us?? I know which one I'd rather have at the moment!

Does anyone else not question why this deal wasn't made earlier? The transfer can only go through on Jan 1st but surely the two clubs could have come to an agreement in December or earlier? Maybe they have and Utd are waiting on someone else to come in first?

Mourinho said in his presser that 2 weeks ago a transfer looked 100% but now it looks 0% because they don't feel the offer is good enough.

I hope that was West Brom and not us because if it's us there's clearly something amiss.

Does anyone else not question why this deal wasn't made earlier? The transfer can only go through on Jan 1st but surely the two clubs could have come to an agreement in December or earlier? Maybe they have and Utd are waiting on someone else to come in first?

mou is being a typical ass and saying we haven't receieved offers that equal their value. cheap motherfucker.

will be a deadline day move for 23.5m, bill will tout that he saved the club 500k

Edited by markjazzbassist

He has agreed personal terms with Everton. The ball is in Man Utd court to accept the offer.

How can he unless they've given him permission to talk to us though Paul. Surely they'd have to agree a fee before terms are thrashed out otherwise what's the point as no fee agreed no transfer.

How can he unless they've given him permission to talk to us though Paul. Surely they'd have to agree a fee before terms are thrashed out otherwise what's the point as no fee agreed no transfer.

I will be totally honest..... I've never seen this lad.

What does he bring that we haven't got?