IGNORED

Juan Mata

Mata is way and above anything we have atm, he's a quality player and would bring all sorts of dimension to our team.

I can't believe people are turning their nose up to him. 37 million, if we have the money, pay it he can unlock defences in a heart beat, scores goals and is a winner.

Imagine keeping Lukaku, signing Hart, Mata, Bolasie and Kone plus aback up striker before the window ends!! Anyone who thinks that wont propel us towards top 4 needs medical help!

Yeah I can see us going a different route. Koeman wants four players which probably is bolaise,Kone, a striker and hopefully a playmaker.

I'd say he's likely to go for a keeper tbh over a playmaker... Gut feeling

Kone

Bolasie

Hart - could see it happening

Striker

Edited by EFC-Paul

Eh? Course not.

Any manager worth his salt could change a system to include an attacking mid.

Surprised you don't think our Ronny capable of that. He is a much better manager than you think.

I thought you were quoting the players in the starting line up that he could replace, hence my comments.

I thought you were quoting the players in the starting line up that he could replace, hence my comments.

I was.

He could easily replace McCarthy or Barry or to he honest even Ross.

We need to get out of the building a brick wall mentality and Tey to attack as well as defend.

Mata could be that man.

I hate to see us line up with so many defensive players. I would rather us have a playmaker and lose one of the three defensive midst.

With a sturdier defense, better goal keeper we wont need to play as many defensive midfielders. One of the problems we have is we have too many defensive midfielders so that when we try and transition to attack we don't have enough players with the ability to make it work, we lose possession and have to defend again.

A Mata type player would make up so much more complete as a team.

Koeman almost always plays with 2 defensive players, or at least combative players and the other player needs to be able to play centrally and bridge the gap between midfield and attack which he won't be able to do.

He would have been the perfect player for Martinez but I don't see it with Koeman.

Spot on. Striker, CB, GK are more like it.

Koeman almost always plays with 2 defensive players, or at least combative players and the other player needs to be able to play centrally and bridge the gap between midfield and attack which he won't be able to do.

He would have been the perfect player for Martinez but I don't see it with Koeman.

Mata can play centrally, and Koemans team always had a box to box midfielder or creative midfielder who would help transition and control the midfield.

But he hasn't got a physical presence that Keoman bangs on about. He certainly isn't a box to box and whilst he is creative and could do that controlling role in an AM role I don't think he could do it from CM role.

Either way I don't think he is in KKoeman's plans.