IGNORED

Juan Mata

I would rather have younger players on the whole, both for their sell on value (ALL clubs want sell on value) and for the potential to help build a squad for a few years rather than having a constant turnover of player. It’s not only poor clubs that need to buy young players to sell for a profit, no team wants to spend all their money buying players they then lose on free’s or low prices. Plus we aren’t suddenly some mega rich team who can afford to flitter our money away, at no point has Moshiri ever said he’s going to pile money into us for players, he has hopefully resolved our debt issues and can ensure we are able to compete but we haven’t just become Man City or PSG!

However I’d certainly advocate spending money on a couple of top quality players who can make an instant big impact and are in the prime of their career. Mata is just the kind of player who can make things happen and if he performs well for us would be a huge boost to the team.

Alex Ferguson always had the best strategy for me. You get a good academy bringing players through, but if anyone is available who is better than what you have you buy them.

I lost patience waiting for Koeman, the possibility of signing Mata is hurting my head already.

I find this the most frustrating period now.

rumours and negotiations go on for ages when all you want to see is players joining to spend maximum time in preseason training with their new squad and coaching staff. In the end half the players join after the season starts and your left wondering why most clubs seem to end up doing that!

I'd love it if we could have Mata signed this week and Witsel or whoever else he wants in Midfield to be signed quickly as well so that they can report in for training as soon as possible. Obviously with Euro's players they have a later break so you have a bit more time but the sooner the better really.

Fingers crossed for Mata!

Fookin great player. He got moyeserised, like arteta with less needle but far more guile.

Moyes did a good job of Moyeserising him in the 3 months (?) he managed him! Doubt he had much, if any, influence on Mata's playing style in such a short time.

I bet you said the same when everyone was saying we were getting Koeman!

I never tbh I dismissed the possibility of him coming because he said he wouldn't, once it started with the rumours I was half expecting it as I think we're about his level so it never surprised me. I think Mata will think he can do better than us so I honestly don't think there's any chance he'll come.

"Everton is at the level where building their system around Mata only has benefits; their football last season was all-out attacking, free-flowing, possession-oriented football. Mata would also have the necessary attacking talent to pick out; Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku were spectacular last season, while Gerard Deulofeu and Aaron Lennon represent direct threats on goal. Mata could, and probably would be one of the best footballers in the Premier League again, which he likely can’t do at United.

Mata has been a leader and a fan favourite for his short-lived three years at United, and it says enough about him that his standout attribute is his incredible professionalism and ingenuity, attributes that are often gone in football. United could be saying goodbye to yet another leader, a player who picked them up in a time of dark and tried harder than anyone to carry his weight. However, as I’ve already stated about his counterpart, Wayne Rooney (albeit for different reasons), it could be time for Mata to move on.

By moving to Everton, Mata would be helping a team with massive potential step towards it, and he would be able to do things he never got the opportunity to do at Manchester United or under Jose Mourinho. United fans love the Spaniard as much as any other player at the club, but bidding farewell would be best for him and Old Trafford. Mata will forever be a part of United, whether he’s at Old Trafford or not, only a true Red Devil would score a bicycle kick at Anfield."

Really level headed perspective, given the circumstances.