IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Can’t tell if your telling the truth or taking the piss haha!

If true. He was one of the players who served a purpose, you could hit a ball long to him, knowing that he would win it 9/10. This allowed otherforwards to work of him. Having that presence in the box at a corner allows players like Richarlison to poach.

It’s true to be honest we haven’t been in touch for a while, his dad was a local builder and we both had Keyline accounts so you to see Paul in there with his old man during school holidays and then when he started making a name for himself at Swindon I’d see him out in town with some of the other players and started drinking with him because we already had a connection. 

He got me tickets for the cup final, and then got me a signed shirt from the team, the tight git charged me for the shirt saying he bought it from the club shop. 

He was the same at Swindon youngest player to play and score for the Town at 16 he looked like an adult in stature strong and mobile. 

He is a great person one of the lads not a big time Charlie. 

15 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think he will be in the full squad soon 

How soon is soon?

I can't see it myself to many in front of him at the moment Kane Stirling Vardy and Rashford, he's unlucky to be coming good when England have a lot of options. But with a few injuries he might get a call up.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Jimenez bought today for 30m, he's 27 and has 12 goals.  DCL is 22 and has 6 goals and cost us 1.4m (albeit a lot less playing time).  I really believe DCL could be as good in 5 years.

If we have to wait 5 years for him to come good he won't be here when it happens we need a clinical finisher now, he will be a bench player at some point next season Brands and Silva will bring a striker in in the summer transfer window.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

very telling stat, he has 1 less aerial battle won than Zouma.  He's played a LOT LESS minutes too, bodes well for the future.  im high on DCL

Don't get me wrong he works hard, but the West Ham game highlighted perfectly his finishing isn'tt going to get him to the top, strikers need to take their chances hard work a lone isn'tt going to get you there even if it does look pleasing on the eye.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Don't get me wrong he works hard, but the West Ham game highlighted perfectly his finishing isn'ttt going to get him to the top, strikers need to take their chances hard work a lone isn'ttt going to get you there even if it does look pleasing on the eye.

Fortunately for him there is a lot more to his game than hard work alone 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fortunately for him there is a lot more to his game than hard work alone 

There is Duncan but unfortunately it's not his finishing and that may well change in the next few years, but the club won't wait for that to happen and we will buy a new striker in the summer and he will be relegated to the bench.

Striker and Keeper are the two area's in the game that are highlighted more by your actions and stats as to whether your good enough, Mark highlighted his aerial battles won was 1 less than Zouma, to be frank that is pretty irrelevant if as a striker you don't score enough goals and most of your attempts are off target, I can't fault a lot of what he does but he is a striker and he is going to be judged on his finishing because ultimately that is what he is being paid for.

In a lot of ways he is the complete opposite to Lukaku who didn't particularly work hard or play with his heart for the team, but boy could he finish and score a hat full of goals in a team that created a lot less chances, so was adored by a huge majority of supporters because of his goals and his work rate and attitude were mostly over looked because of that,

With DCL his work rate and everything else he does for the team will be overlooked and is becoming too be overlooked if he doesn't start turning everything else he does into goals and that I fear is the reality..

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If Palfy doesn’t rate him, it bodes well for us. Means he has a very good chance of becoming world class!

All we need is PeteO to start criticising him and Bailey to bring pages of stats to prove him a poor player and we’ll have a worldie on our hands! 

😂

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There is Duncan but unfortunately it's not his finishing and that may well change in the next few years, but the club won't wait for that to happen and we will buy a new striker in the summer and he will be relegated to the bench.

Striker and Keeper are the two area's in the game that are highlighted more by your actions and stats as to whether your good enough, Mark highlighted his aerial battles won was 1 less than Zouma, to be frank that is pretty irrelevant if as a striker you don't score enough goals and most of your attempts are off target, I can't fault a lot of what he does but he is a striker and he is going to be judged on his finishing because ultimately that is what he is being paid for.

In a lot of ways he is the complete opposite to Lukaku who didn't particularly work hard or play with his heart for the team, but boy could he finish and score a hat full of goals in a team that created a lot less chances, so was adored by a huge majority of supporters because of his goals and his work rate and attitude were mostly over looked because of that,

With DCL his work rate and everything else he does for the team will be overlooked and is becoming too be overlooked if he doesn't start turning everything else he does into goals and that I fear is the reality..

I agree with a lot of what your saying but I personally don’t overlook all his other attributes. This is his first real run in the side as a CF and you can see he is starting to flourish. Hopefully the goals will come as he develops but yeah we need to bring in a proven CF in the summer and if we do I think that will only help him anyway

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I agree with a lot of what your saying but I personally don’t overlook all his other attributes. This is his first real run in the side as a CF and you can see he is starting to flourish. Hopefully the goals will come as he develops but yeah we need to bring in a proven CF in the summer and if we do I think that will only help him anyway

👍

48 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He was excellent yesterday. If he could just add goals to his game he could save the club 80 million on a too class striker because he can bully defenders at such a young age, is great with his back to goal, good in the air, boss hold up play but he’s never gonna be a 20 a season atriker.

I don't think he will be prolific but neither will firminho.... 16 goals max in bundesliga and 15 in prem.

Firminho gives Liverpool a huge platform to play which DCL gives us.  Very similar players.  DCL looks stronger and quicker, Firminho better technically. DCL better in the air. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I don't think he will be prolific but neither will firminho.... 16 goals max in bundesliga and 15 in prem.

Firminho gives Liverpool a huge platform to play which DCL gives us.  Very similar players.  DCL looks stronger and quicker, Firminho better technically. DCL better in the air. 

Trouble is if we don't have a striker bagging in 20 a season we need Bernard to start contributing and preferably a CM who can chip in with a few as well, then we will have goals from all over. 

11 goals and 7 assista in 73 appearances is not great is it. I know he’s young and a lot of those will be dub appearances but you look at the likes of Lukaku, Fowler, Owen, Rooney,Henry, Anelka etc etc by the time they were his age they were rattling 20 a season. He’s not a goalscorer and that’s my biggest worry with him. I like the lad, I really do but where does he fit in if we buy a big name striker? We don’t and doubt under Silva we will play a second striker and he’s no good when pushed out wide.