IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

So if you grabbed a dangling electricity wire without checking to see if it was switched off first - it would be the ok thing to do just cos you never got electrocuted? 

He was equally as likely to have scuffed the pass as he was to miss the chance though Haf, it wasn't as easy an option as you're suggesting; and certainly not "a certain goal".

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

should be a y on the end of absoluteY

:huh:Zoo spelt it correctly (unlike you😂).

And I very rarely pull people up on their spelling, I'd have more than 100,000 posts if I did; I do point out something if it's funny in some way (eg Saha/Zaha) and I know the offender (usually Rubes) will take it in the right spirit. 

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He was equally as likely to have scuffed the pass as he was to miss the chance though Haf, it wasn't as easy an option as you're suggesting; and certainly not "a certain goal".

Watched it a few times.... there may be some element of credibility to what you are saying if you account for the fact that it's Walcott making the pass.  If it was Gylfi the pass is clockwork maybe not so if it's Theo..... that's not me taking another pot shot at Theo it's just the way I see it. 

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

:huh:Zoo spelt it correctly (unlike you😂).

And I very rarely pull people up on their spelling, I'd have more than 100,000 posts if I did; I do point out something if it's funny in some way (eg Saha/Zaha) and I know the offender (usually Rubes) will take it in the right spirit. 

jesus absolute wept?  should be absolutely.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

jesus absolute wept?  should be absolutely.  

Unsure what your problem is; yes it is absolutely (how Zoo spelt it in his first line) and not absolutey (how you spelt it when "correcting" him). The saying is actually just "Jesus wept" with no adverb in the middle, the last phrase in his post is consequently acceptable imo, even if it veers into slang a little. The only person definitely to spell anything wrong is you😗

Who do you fancy for the Eurovision Song Contest? Reckon DC-L could belt out a decent version of "If You Know Your History" myself.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

So if you grabbed a dangling electricity wire without checking to see if it was switched off first - it would be the ok thing to do just cos you never got electrocuted? 

:huh: 

Well, no because that would be life or death. That’s Pete defending his Gana stanse level of irrelevant :lol: 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Unsure what your problem is; yes it is absolutely (how Zoo spelt it in his first line) and not absolutey (how you spelt it when "correcting" him). The saying is actually just "Jesus wept" with no adverb in the middle, the last phrase in his post is consequently acceptable imo, even if it veers into slang a little. The only person definitely to spell anything wrong is you😗

Who do you fancy for the Eurovision Song Contest? Reckon DC-L could belt out a decent version of "If You Know Your History" myself.

look at the last line mike "jesus absolute wept", that's what i was correcting for you.  unless you believe that's correct?

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

look at the last line mike "jesus absolute wept", that's what i was correcting for you.  unless you believe that's correct?

I know and I know, I explained why I didn't think it was necessarily incorrect in my last post. Fact remains that the only person who spelt something wrong is you (which I have no problem with). If you'd not come back with a sarky remark none of this discussion would've happened.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

should be a y on the end of absoluteY @Zoo 2.0 mate, your welcome @MikeO 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I know and I know, I explained why I didn't think it was necessarily incorrect in my last post. Fact remains that the only person who spelt something wrong is you (which I have no problem with). If you'd not come back with a sarky remark none of this discussion would've happened.

??  you having a bad day or something?  FFS i was making a joke because you love to correct people all the time, learn to take a joke man.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

??  you having a bad day or something?  FFS i was making a joke because you love to correct people all the time, learn to take a joke man.

But I don't, I do it as a bit of fun with people who I know will take it, I'll cross you off my list.

Wow I started something here! I only made mention that I was willing him to square it to DCL - I stand by that it’s what I would have liked to have seen! No criticism as he scored. 

The above comments are exactly why I don’t go on social media. People don’t read the post and just skew what was written and add their interpretation. I was over the moon for getting the fourth and it added the cherry onto the icing on the cake. 

On 23/04/2019 at 12:19, Romey 1878 said:

City also fuck many chances up because of people not shooting and trying to score the perfect goal.

This discussion wouldn't even be taking place if it was DCL that was the player racing in on goal and hadn't squared the ball.

Completely right why are we even debating this, unless your view of Walcott is such that even if he scores he’s wrong for doing so I cannot see the issue, he did what 99% of players who have been in that position would do.  

On 23/04/2019 at 12:19, Romey 1878 said:

City also fuck many chances up because of people not shooting and trying to score the perfect goal.

This discussion wouldn't even be taking place if it was DCL that was the player racing in on goal and hadn't squared the ball.

That was so evident last night. They should’ve had 5 but kept trying to walk it into the net. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another blank for DCL last night with very few attempts and none on target, he can't bemoan his opportunities he's had more starts as striker than anyone but hasn't cemented his place in that position, his best work seems to be picking the ball up out wide and bringing others in, but lacks any presence in front of goal he just doesn't have a strikers instinct unfortunately and he will be judged by his lack of goals and you can't defend him by saying he's unlucky with his attempts because there aren't any of any note.

A great lad who works his socks off but not a striker which is a real shame because his lack of goals is going to cost him his place in the team,  Brands and Silva will be looking at getting a striker in as top of their list after trying to secure Gomes and Zouma.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Another blank for DCL last night with very few attempts and none on target, he can't bemoan his opportunities he's had more starts as striker than anyone but hasn't cemented his place in that position, his best work seems to be picking the ball up out wide and bringing others in, but lacks any presence in front of goal he just doesn't have a strikers instinct unfortunately and he will be judged by his lack of goals and you can't defend him by saying he's unlucky with his attempts because there aren't any of any note.

A great lad who works his socks off but not a striker which is a real shame because his lack of goals is going to cost him his place in the team,  Brands and Silva will be looking at getting a striker in as top of their list after trying to secure Gomes and Zouma.

I'd blame the set up more than the player. His teammates aren't making him enough opportunities. He's working hard enough to get into scoring positions but we aren't giving him the service. 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd blame the set up more than the player. His teammates aren't making him enough opportunities. He's working hard enough to get into scoring positions but we aren't giving him the service. 

He is working hard enough possibly the hardest working player out there he wants it so  much. 

I always say it’s just as much about working smart as working hard, and I don’t see a smart player when he’s in the box I don’t see a player creating the space for his team mates to assist him in the box, he is fairly static in the box and often with his back to goal. 

For me he does all his good work out side the box which is great if you are playing two up front, but not so good when you are the only striker and the main man for getting the goals. 

I like him a lot and think he will be a really good player but he doesn’t create his own chances which is what the top players do. In the first half he had a free shot outside the box that he ballooned over the bar. The top strikers bury them or make the keeper work hard. I think securing zouma, Gomes and then a striker is a must though then let the cull begin 

I think he is full of potential, he needs to find a bit of clarity and calm in front of goal. He had two shots yesterday one ballooned over the top and the second was a weak shot straight at Heston (surprised he didn't spill it 😀) A player with weak sprit would have hides after that, but he didn't, he closed down a defender really well in the right corner of the pitch and won another corner. To have that mindset after missing a couple of chances shows he has the right attributes. Once again his hold up play and bringing others into the game was excellent.

I think I read something that he was a midfielder originally at sheff United so he is learning as he is going in the toughest league in the world. He always puts a shift in. Goals are the hardest thing to produce in football I hope he makes the England squad as it will give him a huge boost 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Since he has been in the team, we’ve been winning. Hard to understand the criticism. 

Take a piece out of a jigsaw, and it’s simply incomplete.

But don’t we need a striker who can get us goals against the likes of Fulham and Palace because if we don’t we won’t move on. 

If you want to call that criticism then fair enough I’d rather call it progressively moving forward, but where all different and only time will tell but I expect to see a new man leading the the line next season, not criticising just trying to be realistic. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But don’t we need a striker who can get us goals against the likes of Fulham and Palace because if we don’t we won’t move on. 

If you want to call that criticism then fair enough I’d rather call it progressively moving forward, but where all different and only time will tell but I expect to see a new man leading the the line next season, not criticising just trying to be realistic. 

No I understand that Palfy. I don’t think he will be first choice next year, if we buy a top quality striker.

But I don’t think it’s a priority either. We play in the English premier league, a league where you don’t need a focal point scoring 30 goals anymore. 

If we had a striker that scored 20, at the expense of Gylfi and Richarlison... then there’s no point. But if we have a forward that contributes to the team finishing the season in top four form (which we have), then surely that’s exceptional for the club.

Now that’s not to say that we can’t have a 20 goal forward, and two other forwards mixing it in..... but again, I’m just being realistic. 

I’m with Palfy. It needs to be a priority for me, alongside bringing in Zouma and Gomes. If we just signed those two and a top striker, that would be enough, probably a centre half too with Jags looking likely to go. Then just shift all the deadwood, that will be hard enough as it is.