Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I’m going to start invoicing people for wasting time and put it towards the site if this shit continues. No one else here wants to be part of your pissing, take it to PM or the posts will be deleted without warning this time. 

Do it.  Honestly you have my permission. Get rid of all that shite and the Gana and Lukaku thread for the most part.  The Michael Keane thread and Jagielka thread has a shed of toxic shite in there too. 

Embarrassing being a part of it.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is utterly ridiculous the amount of headers he wins. He's a player I really want to do well. He never puts anything less than 100% in and he comes across as someone that genuinely realises how

How many of those chances have been missed by DCL though? He does need to be getting on the end of chances for sure, but right now he’s coming in handy for causing havoc in the oppositions defenc

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Do it.  Honestly you have my permission. Get rid of all that shite and the Gana and Lukaku thread for the most part.  The Michael Keane thread and Jagielka thread has a shed of toxic shite in there too. 

Embarrassing being a part of it.   

Don’t need your permission Haf, but I’ll take it into consideration for your posts. Honestly it shouldn’t have needed saying again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Don’t need your permission Haf, but I’ll take it into consideration for your posts. Honestly it shouldn’t have needed saying again 

Clearly permission isn't needed Matt as we already know.     You can take it into consideration for all the shite including your own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shukes said:

Really no idea what’s trying to be proven here.  Another weird TT argument.

Back to DCL, I hope he misses the midweek game and comes back to us fresh and ready for the derby. We really need a good performance full of grit and determination from everyone.

I hate it when you’re sensible and boring 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvert-Lewin is only the fourth player to ever score in each of his side's first five Premier League games in a season.

Jose Antonio Reyes, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero are the only other players to achieve that feat.

Surprised he's only the fourth player to do it in the prem. Not bad company to be in. Hopefully the run continues 

🤞span widget

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't say it's Ancelotti's doing. Credit goes to Unsworth for spotting him and Koeman for throwing him in the side straight away. Unsworth, Alladyce and Ferguson all used him straight away. Only one didn't, and that just shows how poor Silva was as a manager. Every youngster here seen their minutes drop when he come in and most fans started to believe the likes of DCL and Holgate weren't good enough. 

Credit Ancelotti for transforming the midfield and enabling DCL to get more chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

image.png.1b4ca1be4870aac70ce913975aa9e859.png

'Confident penalty'

England 3-0 Republic of Ireland

be12811e-063e-4aba-80fd-819346371069.jpg

Rob Green

Former England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra

That's as confident a penalty as you will see! It was a short run up but I'm glad the net was there because wow, that ball would still be travelling!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Btay said:

How he stands over any dead ball at the moment is beyond me. James was dangerous with nearly every ball he put in those first few weeks, then it’s Digne.

It’s having the options though. Any goalkeeper that’s done his homework and sees those three standing over the ball, will have no idea where the ball is going.

A penalty is the single most pressurised moment a player can have in a match. He looked as confident as anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s having the options though. Any goalkeeper that’s done his homework and sees those three standing over the ball, will have no idea where the ball is going.

A penalty is the single most pressurised moment a player can have in a match. He looked as confident as anyone.

The goalkeeper will know that when Sig stands over the ball it'll either hit the first man or be floated in that softly that he can catch the ball with total ease. 

Whenever I see him near a dead ball I give up on anything positive happening. I don't think he's ever scored from a free-kick for us (apart from against Blackpool in pre-season) either, so his whole purpose in our side is redundant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominic stood over the ball with real confidence and intent. He took a little glance up, seemingly into the goalkeepers eyes right before he started his run up. He looked hungry. He had the look of a dangerous striker in him! 

The point im trying to make, admittedly with a semi on right now, is I wouldn't mind at all of he stepped up to take our next penalty. Being a striker is a numbers game, if it boosts his confidence because he gets an extra 3 or 4 goals a season from the spot then that would be great. His technique seemed to suggest he's been practicing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Dominic stood over the ball with real confidence and intent. He took a little glance up, seemingly into the goalkeepers eyes right before he started his run up. He looked hungry. He had the look of a dangerous striker in him! 

The point im trying to make, admittedly with a semi on right now, is I wouldn't mind at all of he stepped up to take our next penalty. Being a striker is a numbers game, if it boosts his confidence because he gets an extra 3 or 4 goals a season from the spot then that would be great. His technique seemed to suggest he's been practicing them.

An extra 3 or 4 goals a season... we aren't getting that many penalties mate :lol:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Back top of the scoring charts again. Still in disbelief how many he's getting under Carlo. Honestly, he's gone from me believing he wont make it at this level, to me thinking he would be a useful squad player for us, to potentially being a 20+ season striker. 

I’m guilty of thinking the same Aidan so you’re in good company mate, even if I do say so myself 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m guilty of thinking the same Aidan so you’re in good company mate, even if I do say so myself 😁

Just goes to show how much a player can improve doesn't it? Hes always been capable physically, and has developed really well technically, but most of all his intelligence has gone through the roof. His brain has soaked up so much of what it has been taught from countless managers, and Dunc. In fact, the many roles managers have given him if anything have possibly helped him to become more of a rounded player. 

Still wouldn't like him at RWB though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I think DCL's recent rise just shows how the right manager at the right time with the right system can work wonders for a player. 

I think he has improved his all round play but I don't think it is by that much. The difference to DCL is that he is playing in the right areas far more often and he is getting the service. His movement has always been very good but it has been wasted down the channels or with poor quality delivery. Now his movement is so much more focused and when he gets those chances he is invariably scoring. I dont think I have ever seen a striker score so many goals from in or around the six yard box. 

I think the last bit is key, his instinct has always been there but his execution wasn’t because he was having to work and think more. He’s got to be one of the most efficient strikers going at the moment, how many 1 touch goals does he have this season? Obviously due to the service too

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

I think the last bit is key, his instinct has always been there but his execution wasn’t because he was having to work and think more. He’s got to be one of the most efficient strikers going at the moment, how many 1 touch goals does he have this season? Obviously due to the service too

I'm not sure about the one touch finishing, but he's got 5 goals in the 6 yard box, already equal to the total he had last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2020 at 19:11, Romey 1878 said:

Put him in the box, feed him the ball in the area, he'll score. Simple as that.

Goals win games and he's scoring goals. It's why I love him playing for us and why I loved Lukaku and Yak playing for us. Strikers can do fuck all else for all I care.

Thing is he still has ample room for improvement. Physically he’s excellent and his positioning has come on leaps and bounds. It’s so refreshing to see someone who has worked their ass off and is reaping the rewards

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2020 at 09:11, Romey 1878 said:

Put him in the box, feed him the ball in the area, he'll score. Simple as that.

Goals win games and he's scoring goals. It's why I love him playing for us and why I loved Lukaku and Yak playing for us. Strikers can do fuck all else for all I care.

He won us the game on Sunday....

Equally important to his goals was his ability to be an outlet when we were under the cosh. Absolute masterclass.  If we had a goalscorer on the pitch we would have drawn or lost the game.... Dom is a footballer and that's why we won.

I've never been arsed about his goal tally, as long as you win because of the striker is the thing.  Firminho has always been my example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2020 at 09:51, Hafnia said:

He won us the game on Sunday....

Equally important to his goals was his ability to be an outlet when we were under the cosh. Absolute masterclass.  If we had a goalscorer on the pitch we would have drawn or lost the game.... Dom is a footballer and that's why we won.

I've never been arsed about his goal tally, as long as you win because of the striker is the thing.  Firminho has always been my example. 

This is the reason I voted him MoM. The last ten minutes of the game was the Dom show.... we were going to concede again until he decided to stop the game and control it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shukes said:

This is the reason I voted him MoM. The last ten minutes of the game was the Dom show.... we were going to concede again until he decided to stop the game and control it.

Exactly the same reasons as I did also, hugely impressive and mature performance from him, might need the same today 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...