IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Welbeck will be in the same realm as Walcott.. made of glass.

Pity because regardless of what people say he is a well rounded striker. Tremendous athlete who if had been given a central role at United would have been far better. He was unfortunate to have had rooney, ronaldo, van persie, berbatov etc all in ahead of him.

Says alot when rio ferdinand said he would be the first man united player he'd sign if he was a manager - from the perspective of how he found him to play against in training.

Welbeck will be in the same realm as Walcott.. made of glass.

Pity because regardless of what people say he is a well rounded striker. Tremendous athlete who if had been given a central role at United would have been far better. He was unfortunate to have had rooney, ronaldo, van persie, berbatov etc all in ahead of him.

Says alot when rio ferdinand said he would be the first man united player he'd sign if he was a manager - from the perspective of how he found him to play against in training.

And the fact he is always injured.

I've never highly rated him or thought he was crap, he can be a decent player but if you're not on the pitch to be a decent player, you're useless. See Darron Gibson for details :)

And the fact he is always injured.

I've never highly rated him or thought he was crap, he can be a decent player but if you're not on the pitch to be a decent player, you're useless. See Darron Gibson for details :)

correction - he can be a very very good player.

Unless people seem to think that your average joe striker can operate as a lone striker against Real Madrid in two legs and run them ragged then fair enough. "when fit" he is a very good player and does a lot of work that goes unnoticed. I've seen him enough times against us to realise you can't leave him alone for one second, quick, good feet and can finish - his goal for arsenal against us as an example, smart interplay and a good finish in the gwladys street end.

Sure - if we all had crystal balls and could see a players potential injury issues then we could leave alone.

correction - he can be a very very good player.

Unless people seem to think that your average joe striker can operate as a lone striker against Real Madrid in two legs and run them ragged then fair enough. "when fit" he is a very good player and does a lot of work that goes unnoticed. I've seen him enough times against us to realise you can't leave him alone for one second, quick, good feet and can finish - his goal for arsenal against us as an example, smart interplay and a good finish in the gwladys street end.

Sure - if we all had crystal balls and could see a players potential injury issues then we could leave alone.

Actually I got my tenses wrong, it should be "could be" because it's completely conditional on him staying fit, which unfortunately he can't do. At 25 he's still young enough to turn it around but given his track record of injuries it doesn't look promising. Shame for him really, the ability is there.

Hopefully Dominic has better luck injury wise!

Actually I got my tenses wrong, it should be "could be" because it's completely conditional on him staying fit, which unfortunately he can't do. At 25 he's still young enough to turn it around but given his track record of injuries it doesn't look promising. Shame for him really, the ability is there.

Hopefully Dominic has better luck injury wise!

the one thing I learned from injuries myself is that its not a case of being prone - its when you get "the one" that triggers everything else.

Up till I did my knee in at 26 I had played on awful pitches and not had a thing. From then on in I was injured all the time.

Look at Baines now - he's been ultra reliable for years, now he seems to be picking up knocks all over the place.

the one thing I learned from injuries myself is that its not a case of being prone - its when you get "the one" that triggers everything else.

Up till I did my knee in at 26 I had played on awful pitches and not had a thing. From then on in I was injured all the time.

Look at Baines now - he's been ultra reliable for years, now he seems to be picking up knocks all over the place.

Think you know my injury record too by now, I completely agree that it makes it bloody hard to recover. Unless you're so damn stubborn like my dad who still plays twice a week despite being told 30 years ago to stop because his knees were gone. He can barely walk for a day aftermind you but it doesn't stop him and even now he turns people outside out because he's such an intelligent player - an Ossie / Barry mix of a player and always has been.

Think you know my injury record too by now, I completely agree that it makes it bloody hard to recover. Unless you're so damn stubborn like my dad who still plays twice a week despite being told 30 years ago to stop because his knees were gone. He can barely walk for a day aftermind you but it doesn't stop him and even now he turns people outside out because he's such an intelligent player - an Ossie / Barry mix of a player and always has been.

I had a piece of bone removed from my ankle - the surgery was microscopic and should have taken 10 minutes. The surgeon was there when I woke to tell me that he spent nearly an hour cleaning up all sorts of scar tissue in and around my right ankle. My ankles had a honeycomb appearance that indicated Grade 4 arthritis...

the cause?

repeatedly spraining my ankle, not rehabilitating it correctly - strapping it up, injuring it again. Probably done both ankles 20+ times.

so basically he told me not to play footy any more - in front of my wife, That kinda seals it, especially when they say you will struggle to walk in later life if you don't.

Since then I have sprained my ankle just walking down the road and stepping on a slightly raised curb stone and rolling it - the ligaments have been stretched that much that they don't stop the ankle going over.

Golf it is for me.

It keeps coming up because he wasn't issued a squad number so people automatically think he isn't.

I'd have thought that people who were interested enough to know that he wasn't given a number would be people who follow Everton stories pretty closely; and it was widely reported that he'd been included in the squad.

Does anybody know if he's in the squad tomorrow with Kone injured, Valencia ineligible and Niasse maybe not even registered?

He or Duffus are probably our next out and out striking options.

He is in the squad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3885932/Everton-include-young-forward-Dominic-Calvert-Lewin-team-squad-West-Ham-encounter.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Although I better set off for the match earlier than I planned to according to that article!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 4 weeks later...