IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Not started but come on as a sub. 

That includes sub.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Transfer market say his position is Forward - Left Winger, trust he has come on as a sub been thrown up front and scored. 

If you go through every game he has played there is no CF. Only AM, LW and RW.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the chance last night can go down as a sitter, yes? It just highlighted that he's not a natural forward player at all - has an empty part of the net to aim for and aims for where everyone is standing! 

If he's going to start games then he has to have supporting players around him that are mobile and dynamic. That means the likes of Kean and Iwobi and not Sigurdsson (as was shown last night). When those two came on we looked more dangerous, and even the mostly shite Gomes improved because he had more space to work with because the Villa defence and midfield were tied up elsewhere. Before that they could just cope with DCL and Sigurdsson without breaking a sweat.

Totally agree. Once those two came on the whole team dynamic changed, including DCL. He dropped to receive he ball to feet instead of having to sit up top and have useless balls sent to his head.

That run when he received the ball at feet on the byline and took a couple of players on to cut inside is what he should be doing more. We need players who can drive forward with the ball.

Just now, Matt said:

A sitter with 4 players blocking the goal line? He should’ve done better but he hit it true, with power, on target. Another day and that goes in, I think it’s more credit to Villas determination to cover their keepers mistake

You are joking I hope. There was a big fucking empty part of the net and he put it in the middle where all the Villa players were!

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You are joking I hope. There was a big fucking empty part of the net and he put it in the middle where all the Villa players were!

Not joking at all. I said he could’ve placed it better but I still think it was better defending than a sitter. Theo’s was a sitter. 

He could have done better with his shot, but at least it was on target, and there's no point lumping long balls up to him to win in the air if there's no one close to him to take the knock down, Iwobi's pace and power could work alongside DCL, so far this season Siggy has been anonymous and isn't helping DCL.

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

A sitter with 4 players blocking the goal line? He should’ve done better but he hit it true, with power, on target. Another day and that goes in, I think it’s more credit to Villas determination to cover their keepers mistake

There was half the goal wide empty. All he had to do was put it there!! But no he decided to hit into a crowd of defenders. It was a terrible miss 

50 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

There was half the goal wide empty. All he had to do was put it there!! But no he decided to hit into a crowd of defenders. It was a terrible miss 

I’m not sure how many times I have to repeat myself - he should’ve placed it better (I.e. the left corner since middle and right we’re blocked, not close to half the goal being empty) but it is not a sitter. Not sure how complicated that is? :dontknow:

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Well every report I’ve read have said it was a sitter but apples and oranges and all that 

You need to watch it mate. Best to make an opinion on what you think and not what others say.

Im half and half. I agree with Matt, it was more the defending should be applauded, keeper was beat.

But I also agree with Romey, he could have been more composed and placed it better.

Either way, it wasn’t a sitter. Walcotts was a sitter.

They were both equally poor finish’s and any argument about which was the easiest miss doesn’t absolve either one of them in the slightest 

I do feel for DCL he works his fucking nuts off for the team, and every time he registers a blank and misses a sitter the more pressure and the harder it is getting for him, I think Silva needs to pull for a few games before this run totally destroys him, he can always give the last 20-15 minutes to show he is still in his plans. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

You need to watch it mate. Best to make an opinion on what you think and not what others say.

Im half and half. I agree with Matt, it was more the defending should be applauded, keeper was beat.

But I also agree with Romey, he could have been more composed and placed it better.

Either way, it wasn’t a sitter. Walcotts was a sitter.

I watched the game and saw the chance over and over. DCl is in the team to score goals. A player of his ability and a premier league striker needs to be finding the corner and scoring. Granted it was good defending but if DCl is more composed the defender shouldn’t have had a chance. 

22 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I watched the game and saw the chance over and over. DCl is in the team to score goals. A player of his ability and a premier league striker needs to be finding the corner and scoring. Granted it was good defending but if DCl is more composed the defender shouldn’t have had a chance. 

DCL is in the team to create goals, I don’t think anyone’s daft enough to think he’s to be our one-dimensional 20 a season striker. 

29 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Sorry, when you said that every report you read.... I thought you were going off that haha.