IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

In the summer we had a comparison going between DCL and Abraham... How many would still take DCL?

Couldn’t make that judgement myself. I haven’t been able to see DCL play with the chances that Abraham is receiving yet. 

When he does, I may be able to Judge him better. 

Chelsea are leagues ahead of us when it comes down to creative play. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Couldn’t make that judgement myself. I haven’t been able to see DCL play with the chances that Abraham is receiving yet. 

Creativity? What the fuck is that? It certainly doesn’t reside in Gylfi, the man we brought in for that. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Creativity? What the fuck is that? It certainly doesn’t reside in Gylfi, the man we brought in for that. 

Ye I should rephrase that... Chelsea have some kind of magic called creativity.... we’re still trying to discover what it means.

34 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I watched the whole game today and Chelsea didn't put anything on a plate for him. In fact they played a lot of quick long ball up to him which I was a little surprised about. Finished a great lob on one of those long balls and worked hard for the space to get his other shots off. I remember him having one ball fed to him on the edge of the box which he scuffed but that's all I can remember for him being set up.

He did well no doubt, but they put him in loads more positions than we put DCL in. The amount of times he was fed the ball facing their defenders. 

He was set up with a lot of one on ones as well. 

Suprised your comparing that match with us against Burnley, we didn’t give DCL a chance throughout did we? Can’t remember him being one on one with the last defender either. But to be honest I only saw the second half and then the extended highlights..... so DCL could have been in those positions on many occasions.

I did see him one on one with a defender, and he beat him with a turn, backheeled a ball to send Sigurdsson clear through.... and Siggy messed it up.

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t agree. £40 million pound players should be making the system work by getting on the ball and making things happen. 

This. Regardless of transfer fee, if you’re good enough you make it happen. You find space and you drop into it to get the ball and do damage. I don’t think he’s hungry. Right now I’d rather Rooney still be here playing over Gylfi, never lost his hunger to get on the ball and try things, Gylfi has been awol lately. 

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t agree. £40 million pound players should be making the system work by getting on the ball and making things happen. 

Think me tries his best to get into the positions and do what the managers asking but just lacks that initial burst of pace to get into the space in time. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

This. Regardless of transfer fee, if you’re good enough you make it happen. You find space and you drop into it to get the ball and do damage. I don’t think he’s hungry. Right now I’d rather Rooney still be here playing over Gylfi, never lost his hunger to get on the ball and try things, Gylfi has been awol lately. 

If ever you could label the accusation of hiding on a player, it's Gylfi Sigurdsson.

19 hours ago, StevO said:

Personally I think Iwobi is the player in the team that can do what you have mentioned, Silva needs to give him ago after all he can’t be any worse there than Gylfi at the moment who is struggling for a bit of form, a break could help him refocus and get back to his old self because we need him, when he’s on it he’s top draw. 

On 06/10/2019 at 17:42, Shukes said:

He did well no doubt, but they put him in loads more positions than we put DCL in. The amount of times he was fed the ball facing their defenders. 

He was set up with a lot of one on ones as well. 

Suprised your comparing that match with us against Burnley, we didn’t give DCL a chance throughout did we? Can’t remember him being one on one with the last defender either. But to be honest I only saw the second half and then the extended highlights..... so DCL could have been in those positions on many occasions.

I did see him one on one with a defender, and he beat him with a turn, backheeled a ball to send Sigurdsson clear through.... and Siggy messed it up.

It's a bit of both. Abraham gets himself in better positions and the team he plays in are better at getting him the ball. Must say I am disappointed by how often DCL gets beaten to the front post run. 

I can't see that I compared him against Burnley. I am looking at the season to date. Abraham is a much more natural striker whereas DCL is more of a channel runner IMO.

On 06/10/2019 at 18:32, Matt said:

Me. What’s the point in switching out someone who never gets a chance to covert with another. 

Because at least Abraham would finish the limited chances he would get. 

On 06/10/2019 at 19:41, Palfy said:

I don’t think it would matter who was up front for us at this moment in time, without service they’d all struggle. 

Dont get me wrong, I am not disputing that it's a tough job up top.

We were comparing chances created for our forwards Bailey.

We created nothing for DCL.

If Chelsea created one single opportunity for DCL.... it was more than we created against Burnley. I also watched the match, and Chelsea created loads of chances and opportunities for attacking play.

Abraham is in that enviable position where he can miss a few chances, but still get more chances to score. DCL is in the position where in our good games, he will get one chance and one chance only to score.

My point is that I can’t compare DCL who is getting zero chances to score, against a forward who is getting many chances a game to score... and who is going through a purple patch. 

Now this isn’t to say that Abraham isn’t a better player, just that I’m not prepared to make that call that.

Im always going to be one of the ones that has our players back, rather than pointing out their failings. I don’t wear blue tinted glasses, my retinas are blue. I’m biased, I can only see good in anyone wearing blue.... unless your shit like Schniederlin.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

If Chelsea created one single opportunity for DCL.... it was more than we created against Burnley. I also watched the match, and Chelsea created loads of chances and opportunities for attacking play.

Abraham is in that enviable position where he can miss a few chances, but still get more chances to score. DCL is in the position where in our good games, he will get one chance and one chance only to score.

My point is that I can’t compare DCL who is getting zero chances to score, against a forward who is getting many chances a game to score... and who is going through a purple patch. 

Now this isn’t to say that Abraham isn’t a better player, just that I’m not prepared to make that call that.

Im always going to be one of the ones that has our players back, rather than pointing out their failings. I don’t wear blue tinted glasses, my retinas are blue. I’m biased, I can only see good in anyone wearing blue.... unless your shit like Schniederlin.

I am not taking about just chances created. I am comparing all round ability. There is no doubt Abraham is getting more chances because of the team he plays with but he is doing a lot himself. As I mentioned in that Southampton game he made the most of the ball played to him. One was a long ball over the top (something DCL gets a lot of ironically) and the other was just him taking on a couple of players and getting a shot away. I even mentioned the one chance he was set up was one that he fluffed. I wasnt comparing Abraham v Southampton and DCL v Burnley, I am just comparing the two especially given the comments made pre-season where a fair amount of people doubted Abraham would start let alone score goals for Chelsea.

Love that last line though 🤣

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

You’ve played enough football to know you have to get in the right positions to be given the opportunities, one of the biggest faults with DCL is he doesn’t get in the right areas 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying he is a better or worse player. All I’m saying, is it’s hard to judge DCL at the moment as he is playing in a team that creates nothing.

I do agree it’s up to a player to get into the right positions. I just don’t agree that he isn’t getting into them. We’ve all been to the ground enough times recently and either said ourselves, or listened to others say, why didn't they put that in? We had players in the box then!

DCL could get himself into a world class position at the moment, and it would be a waste of time as the unless the ball is played to him.... it means nothing.

I tho k we’re doing the same as usual to be honest. We’re talking about situations in isolation. The problem isn’t a case of DCL or Abraham’s, the problem is we aren’t creating chances. Tosun could score ten goals a season if we created chances, DCL would hit double figures if we created chances. Walcott, Richarlison, Siggurdson can all score plenty of goals if we create chances. 

But we’re not, and haven’t been for a bloody long time now. That’s where we need to focus.

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying he is a better or worse player. All I’m saying, is it’s hard to judge DCL at the moment as he is playing in a team that creates nothing.

I do agree it’s up to a player to get into the right positions. I just don’t agree that he isn’t getting into them. We’ve all been to the ground enough times recently and either said ourselves, or listened to others say, why didn't they put that in? We had players in the box then!

DCL could get himself into a world class position at the moment, and it would be a waste of time as the unless the ball is played to him.... it means nothing.

I tho k we’re doing the same as usual to be honest. We’re talking about situations in isolation. The problem isn’t a case of DCL or Abraham’s, the problem is we aren’t creating chances. Tosun could score ten goals a season if we created chances, DCL would hit double figures if we created chances. Walcott, Richarlison, Siggurdson can all score plenty of goals if we create chances. 

But we’re not, and haven’t been for a bloody long time now. That’s where we need to focus.

I totally get your point of view, it would seem there’s more things wrong than right at the moment. 

Is it time for a new manager or the spending of more money. 

Just now, Palfy said:

I totally get your point of view, it would seem there’s more things wrong than right at the moment. 

Is it time for a new manager or the spending of more money. 

I’ve been supporting the “Give Marco more time” side for a long time. I don’t like the fast turn around of managers.

But I’m looking at the squad thinking to myself, we should be doing much much better with these players. The fact that we aren’t, must fall on the manager. There is something he is missing or doesn't Do, to motivate the players.

On 13/10/2019 at 07:59, Shukes said:

We have seen DCL for 3 seasons now. The unknown from our point of view is Abraham who at least last season is doing well. 

I completely agree that we have a damn site more of a problem than DCL/Kean/Tosun but it doesn't mean that this position also isn't still a problem. 

Maybe DCL needs to have his season in the Championship and remember how to score week in week out like Abraham did.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

We have seen DCL for 3 seasons now. The unknown from our point of view is Abraham who at least last season is doing well. 

I completely agree that we have a damn site more of a problem than DCL/Kean/Tosun but it doesn't mean that this position also isn't still a problem. 

Maybe DCL needs to have his season in the Championship and remember how to score week in week out like Abraham did.

3 seasons? He’s not had one continuous season. We saw him for a continued stretch last season and our form dramatically improved. Not down to him individually but because it forced a change of tactics which benefited Counting appearances from before that is pointless. Yes he’s been the go to guy this season but tactics regressed. I’d drop him if i thought there was any point; the tactics don’t suit any forward at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...