IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Davies was everywhere across the field, DC-L mostly stayed out wide.

But it's the mids job to defend that side, not forward. Like blaming rom for williams cock up, he's not there to defend.

Davies should have covered for baines

Also Pete I agree baines is done. Bench player next year bring in Robertson from hull when they drop.

But it's the mids job to defend that side, not forward. Like blaming rom for williams cock up, he's not there to defend.

Davies should have covered for baines

Also Pete I agree baines is done. Bench player next year bring in Robertson from hull when they drop.

on paper we were 433, in reality it was 4123 with Ross and Tom having free roles.

I'm not having a go at him, it's his first game back after an injury against a side that scraps. He did well, when he had the ball. Off the all he didn't offer much of anything

Baines was shocking other than a cracking pass to Rom he didn't do anything, never made any runs to give DCL space or options and just hugged the touch line. Reminded me a bit of Gary Neville at the end of his career. Second to everything.

Really??? I thought Baines was excellent today.

I'm with you on this Romey, thought the game passed him by

To be fair though he is playing out of position

Fair enough Dunc, as I've said, everyone sees it different, but he was right in front of us all first half and got a torrent of abuse off their full back and Markovic. He rolled him twice and was away and was dragged back, he was busy all half looking for the ball never shying away and scored a goal.

Thought he done well myself.

Really??? I thought Baines was excellent today.

Completely agree. As good as he has ever been.

Baines can only get forward when he can trust that the player in front of him has clear control of the ball and won't give it away. With the players ahead of him this season he hasn't had that. I bet that if Barkley played left Baines would be more confident going forward.

Got his first goal, pleased for him, also was impressed that he has some steel about him. Looks bigger than 5'7''.

He is so much bigger than that. It's funny you mention it. I was looking him up and the info said that height, along with being 142lbs, which is hard to believe. I'm 5'10" and roughly 160lbs. so I see his combo being a little counterintuitive. When you look at photos with him and Barkley celebrating you can see they're roughly the same height. Google tells me Barkley is 6'2". I think DCL's info is just old via Wikipedia or something because he's certainly taller and heavier than those numbers.

I'm excited for his future, he's impressed me thus far. Especially considering he came here in August.

Played well today. Was always trying to beat his man and looks strong even though he's so skinny.

If he puts on some muscle mass; the right balance in order to maintain his speed and athleticism, he'll be really dangerous. I'm sure the physio staff is thinking the same thing. He still looks very much adolescent in the upper body, but his legs are pretty much filled out. He has the desire to scrap but once he has the tools he'll be even better.

He is so much bigger than that. It's funny you mention it. I was looking him up and the info said that height, along with being 142lbs, which is hard to believe. I'm 5'10" and roughly 160lbs. so I see his combo being a little counterintuitive. When you look at photos with him and Barkley celebrating you can see they're roughly the same height. Google tells me Barkley is 6'2". I think DCL's info is just old via Wikipedia or something because he's certainly taller and heavier than those numbers.

I'm excited for his future, he's impressed me thus far. Especially considering he came here in August.

(Sir) Charles Barkley is 6'6'', Ross Barkly is barely 6 foot. Trust me. DCL dosn't look 5'7'', I'll get a second opinion on this.

Barkley is around 6'2, there's a picture of him next to Benitez (5'9) when he was 14 and he's a good two inches taller at that age...

Lewin looks a similar height he towered over Jags in the interview after the game

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dominic+calvert+lewin&biw=360&bih=253&prmd=nvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji8YbC4OTSAhVnLMAKHa17DdwQ_AUICSgD#tbm=isch&q=calvert+lewin+barkley&*&imgrc=CaPfcTT9KynIBM:

Edited by EFC-Paul